Could Anyone Recommend Any Good 2.0 Computer Speakers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

egger7577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 egger7577
Member since 2004 • 721 Posts

I have an older pair of JBL's and the sound quality is fairly decent but they're a little worn out, the dynamic range is terrible and they rattle pretty bad with any type of bass.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

Budget?

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Need budget.

You'd be best with 2 bookshelfs and an amp or a 2.1 set.

egger7577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 egger7577
Member since 2004 • 721 Posts

Don't want to go crazy, I'd say 50-100 USD.

Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#5 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts

If it's for music and sub-$100, I'd go for the M-Audio AV30 (if you can get the AV40s for around $100, as they're on sale at Amazon now, it's a steal). If it's for gaming, the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 can be found at $100 if you hunt around.

Happy gaming,

Boz

annaflax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 annaflax
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
go to Sony External PC Speakers SRS-A3. its around 29 to 30USD. this would be with in the budget and its very nice. good compatibility, sound effects.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kraken2109
go to Sony External PC Speakers SRS-A3. its around 29 to 30USD. this would be with in the budget and its very nice. good compatibility, sound effects.annaflax
Tiny 2.0 speakers are not going to produce good sound.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

These bookshelf speakers

Sony B3000

and this amp

Lepai Tripath Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
I'll probably get flamed, but I've enjoyed the few products of 2.1 PC speakers I've bought from Creative Labs. I've tried some similarly priced Logitech speakers which sounded hollow and didn't have the same range. That's just me though. I only use them for computer applications and music listening while I'm at the computer.
johnwck90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 johnwck90
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I have a pair of Aktimate Micros, I got them as a refurbished unit on ebay for £75 and they are amazing. I game a lot but am not so into gaming audio, I wanted a pair of top quality hi-fi to listen to music on while working and, of course, any capable speaker will be good. I'd recommend anything by Aktimate. I have been so delighted with my micros I am buying the maxis which are a lot more money. The micros are the cheapest in the aktimate range and are so divine I will probably be disappointed with the much more expensive maxi but really, these are great speakers if you look around second-hand the people who buy these tend to be discerning and look after their stuff and the build quality is astonishing. Touch wood, I get the sense that these will be like my fathers Missions still amazing after 25 years so although your outlay is a lot greater, they last a lot longer and every day amaze you with the detail and quality. I mean, when I listen to music I hear things I never heard before in tracks I've listened to for years. Voices particularly are a revelation on the Aktimates. Any blues or soul or opera sounds epiphanic, I mean, chillingly moving on them. For some reason voices are reproduced on them like no other speaker I've ever listened to (not that I ever listen to quality hi-fi so maybe this is why!) but if you want a quality pair of speakers, then aktimate are one of the best. I mean, I am replacing my creative 5.1 with the maxis and they started to distort within 4 months of purchase. The best speakers at the moment are the Bowers and Wilkins MM-1, the aktimates, the audioengine A2s have a great reputation for £125 and the A5s (now newer a5+) too. Well, have a look on Superfi.com under "speakers-active speakers" on the tab and they have some good offers from £50 to £500. They have a nice pair of roli on half price for £49 which would be a good buy.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kraken2109

I have a pair of Aktimate Micros, I got them as a refurbished unit on ebay for £75 and they are amazing. I game a lot but am not so into gaming audio, I wanted a pair of top quality hi-fi to listen to music on while working and, of course, any capable speaker will be good. I'd recommend anything by Aktimate. I have been so delighted with my micros I am buying the maxis which are a lot more money. The micros are the cheapest in the aktimate range and are so divine I will probably be disappointed with the much more expensive maxi but really, these are great speakers if you look around second-hand the people who buy these tend to be discerning and look after their stuff and the build quality is astonishing. Touch wood, I get the sense that these will be like my fathers Missions still amazing after 25 years so although your outlay is a lot greater, they last a lot longer and every day amaze you with the detail and quality. I mean, when I listen to music I hear things I never heard before in tracks I've listened to for years. Voices particularly are a revelation on the Aktimates. Any blues or soul or opera sounds epiphanic, I mean, chillingly moving on them. For some reason voices are reproduced on them like no other speaker I've ever listened to (not that I ever listen to quality hi-fi so maybe this is why!) but if you want a quality pair of speakers, then aktimate are one of the best. I mean, I am replacing my creative 5.1 with the maxis and they started to distort within 4 months of purchase. The best speakers at the moment are the Bowers and Wilkins MM-1, the aktimates, the audioengine A2s have a great reputation for £125 and the A5s (now newer a5+) too. Well, have a look on Superfi.com under "speakers-active speakers" on the tab and they have some good offers from £50 to £500. They have a nice pair of roli on half price for £49 which would be a good buy.

johnwck90
Old thread.