Converting PS3 Save Files for Use With PC Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darksouth1174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darksouth1174
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

Might be the wrong place, and probably a stupid question, but is there a way to convert my PS3 game save for Fallout 3 so it works with the PC version?

I rented Fallout 3 for the PS3 when it came out, and I just got a gaming comp capable of running Fallout 3, so i purchased it but I don't want to have to start all over if that's possible..

The PC saves are FOS files and the PS3 saves are:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Nope, impossible.

aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

nothing worth the effort sorry but no its not impossible.. a ps3 can support linux after all. but the conversions necissary and the effor tone would ahve to put into it is impractically long and might not even work.. its all hypotheticals.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
By the time you go through all the pain to find out it didn't work... you would have gotten up to the save point on PC anyway.. :)
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

impossible but you can search for fallout 3 saves files in torrent sites ( i'm talking for only save files before someone says that is illegal) and find the point you want to continue the game

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Actually converting the file is quite easy. All you need to do is drop the PS3 save into a folder named "placebo" in your oblivian game directory. Then start the game up and play it... when you get to the part you were before the file will have everything needed to finish the conversion. Save game, close the game and when you open it up you should be right where you were inyour PS3 save.

:)

felixiration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 felixiration
Member since 2009 • 433 Posts

Actually converting the file is quite easy. All you need to do is drop the PS3 save into a folder named "placebo" in your oblivian game directory. Then start the game up and play it... when you get to the part you were before the file will have everything needed to finish the conversion. Save game, close the game and when you open it up you should be right where you were inyour PS3 save.

rgsniper1

if that works then roflmao

Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts

[QUOTE="rgsniper1"]

felixiration

if that works then roflmao

It's guaranteed to work. 100% positive results.

aliendydo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aliendydo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Can you explain that again so I can understand it? I want to convert too but i don't understand anything about this, so can someone please try to explain it to me? I'm dutch so when you have a bit of broken grammar I can't understand it :)
robertlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 robertlie
Member since 2003 • 866 Posts

rgsniper1

You just made my day Sir!

WarLokk1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 WarLokk1980
Member since 2008 • 103 Posts

I don't know why you would want to convert the PS3 save file to the PC because you can start again and gain all the achievements for the PC version. I don't think it would be possible to convert the PS3 file anyway.

aliendydo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aliendydo
Cmon, can some1 please explain it to me again?
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts
Cmon, can some1 please explain it to me again?aliendydo
Lol And rgsniper1, you sir are epic.
Danedivito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Danedivito

rgsniper1
Is there a way to get this to work the other way around from a pc save to a ps3 save?
andy_lyall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 andy_lyall
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts
If you read it carefully. I mean obviously a little more carefully than you are. You'll release why other people enjoyed rgsniper1's post so much. p.s. It can't be done, they're in two completely different formats and each one stores a variety of different info.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

Nope, impossible.

DanielDust
I would'nt say that but you have to encrypt both teh save files and re write them for the ps3
andy_lyall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 andy_lyall
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts
Seriously, the game doesn't even compile into the same base code. There's no way it'll work.
Dark_Master-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dark_Master-k
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

hi can someone please tell me how you can convert ps3 saved data to pc i bought fallout 3 on pc now with the expansions but dont want to start it all over again its annoying since i have the ps3 data on my pc ready to convert :) thank you

Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts

hi can someone please tell me how you can convert ps3 saved data to pc i bought fallout 3 on pc now with the expansions but dont want to start it all over again its annoying since i have the ps3 data on my pc ready to convert :) thank you

Dark_Master-k

This had better be a joke post...I mean, seriously? There are 16 posts in this thread talking about this very topic. Please read a thread before posting in it.

And, in case you can't be bothered to, let me sum it up: there is NO way to convert PS3 save data to work on a PC.

GreenThunda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreenThunda
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
does that work with skyrim saves?
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Epic necro.
Avatar image for Montana-Max_XIX
Montana-Max_XIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Montana-Max_XIX
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Work's now... called Skyrim Tool Pack... Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6dgM-ZeX3M The Toolpack is in the Description. Works also on Oblivion