Computer suggestions for $1,000

This topic is locked from further discussion.

threeb07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 threeb07
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
Does anyone know what the best computer to buy for gameing for $1,000
Baselerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Baselerd
Member since 2003 • 5104 Posts
R u building it?
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
if u want one prebuilt check gateway, FX system. u can get a GTS for 900 hunderd something. if ur going to build it ull save more and get better stuff
Avatar image for deactivated-57ef6a3ad2935
deactivated-57ef6a3ad2935

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-57ef6a3ad2935
Member since 2004 • 5346 Posts
if u want one prebuilt check gateway, FX system. u can get a GTS for 900 hunderd something. if ur going to build it ull save more and get better stuffSiKh22

1,000 is enough you don't need to save up.
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
i said save u more, not save up more
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

Yeah, building yourself is the best.

If that's not your bag, check these guys out for a machine that they will put together for you http://www.ecollegepc.com/

threeb07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 threeb07
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
Yeah i was thinking about building it or having someone build it since ive heard that was the best way to go...but yeah ive never done it or know what all kinds of parts i need
RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts

Yeah i was thinking about building it or having someone build it since ive heard that was the best way to go...but yeah ive never done it or know what all kinds of parts i needthreeb07

You'll probably want to do a bit of reading before just diving right in. Anandtech has some fairly decent buyer's guides, and Corsair has a rather popular guide on building it yourself.

TruSake1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TruSake1
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts

[QUOTE="threeb07"]Yeah i was thinking about building it or having someone build it since ive heard that was the best way to go...but yeah ive never done it or know what all kinds of parts i needRayvinAzn

You'll probably want to do a bit of reading before just diving right in. Anandtech has some fairly decent buyer's guides, and Corsair has a rather popular guide on building it yourself.

This is the advice you give him? A buyer's guide? Get outta here.

Building a computer yourself will eventually cost you more than actually buying one built. Trust me, I know, unlike Rayzinbrand.
The best thing for you to do, is first find computers that are worth $1000, and then compare them, simple.
Remember, if you gotta pay someone to build it for you, that's less money on your pocket.

Wesker776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wesker776
Member since 2005 • 7004 Posts
[QUOTE="RayvinAzn"]

[QUOTE="threeb07"]Yeah i was thinking about building it or having someone build it since ive heard that was the best way to go...but yeah ive never done it or know what all kinds of parts i needTruSake1

Building a computer yourself will eventually cost you more than actually buying one built. Trust me, I know, unlike Rayzinbrand.
The best thing for you to do, is first find computers that are worth $1000, and then compare them, simple.
Remember, if you gotta pay someone to build it for you, that's less money on your pocket.

...I sure as hell hope that that's sarcasm. :|

Building gaming worthy machines yourself costs you a lot less than prebuilt rubbish.  Maybe for home office PCs prebuilt PCs from Dell/HP represent good value for money.

Anyway, topic creator look for something like this:
- Core 2 Duo E6420
- Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
- GeCube Radeon X1950 PRO
- Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 2GB
- Corsair HX520 520w PSU
- Western Digital SE16 250GB SATAII Hard Disk
- Pioneer/Sony/Asus/Samsung DVD-RW
- Floppy disk drive
- [Case of your choice]

Look for all these products on www.newegg.com. 

RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts

TruSake1

Are you still upset that you don't know the difference between PCI and PCI-e?