Comprehensive list of FREE worth-playing MMORPGS.

• 415 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Naldir35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Naldir35
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I play R.O.S.E., I forgot about it because I play other games as well.
freakout247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 freakout247
Member since 2004 • 843 Posts
Well, I played for a few days and was disappointed really. I got my first job advance and everything, but something keeps drawing me back to Maple Story! I played it like 7 hours straight today! :(
h62k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 h62k
Member since 2004 • 221 Posts
Plz answer my quest: i have laptop 900Mhz 256mb ram 8mb video card. What MMORPG-s i can play whid this laptop?
takeo1775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 takeo1775
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts
I've been playing this web mmo recently with lots of my friends its quite addictive.
Its called Kings Of Chaos
rokkuman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#205 rokkuman09
Member since 2005 • 2228 Posts

--- Knight Online: http://www.knight-online.com

screenshots: http://www.knight-online.com.my/screenshot02.asp

client: http://www.knight-online.com.my/client.asp. 285MB

"The minute you acquaint yourself with the white clouds and the eagles in the sky, you’ll find yourself caught in the charm of a true 3D online game. Knight Online is the firsr game to successfully introdyce the "Party System" in Korea. Raising your character’s level, acquiring new items, and becoming the strongest player should not be all that an online game has to offer. We invite you to the World of Knight Online, where you’ll find a player with better game manners may become more respected than a player with expensive items; in a party system where you help your fellow
players to advance. A prominent and exciting feature of Knight Online is the involving, persistent, large-scale war between players."

You may be forgiven for thinking the game looks drab from the screenshots and indeed the terrain did seem rather dull.Two races to choose from, each race has 3 sup-species and each sup-epecies has a limited selection of classes it can choose ( 4 classes in total). Leveling involves a lot of grinding and there are issues with there not being many english speaking players. It plays much like a standard 3D 3rd person mmorpg, if I can call it that and the interface and class skills work quite well.

I would reccomend you try Kal Online first as its somewhat of a suped-up version of Knight Online.

someone i know plays knight a lot

Eric2980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#206 Eric2980
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts
I've played a lot of these mmorpgs but I found that I could only get into it if I was a friend of that person or know them from seeing them in other games. Its good to really have fun and cooperate with the people around you instead of being on your own trying to lvl ^ you and a friend can lvl ^ together. It all varies on opinions I guess but I think that mmorpgs at least the free ones like Knight Online and Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates are much more fun with friends to play with. Definently get a friend and have him play the system requirements on games at least like Puzzle Pirates are an internet connection and a basic computer.
Axx-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 Axx-
Member since 2003 • 575 Posts
lol update: http://www.dofus.com/en/
Sparticus_GT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Sparticus_GT
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts
It is hard to recommend a mmorpg because of the fact that something you like is not necessarily gonna be liked buy anyone else. But I played RuneScape for a while and I think once your in to it, it's pretty fun.:D
maddrummer57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 maddrummer57
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts
Runescape bored me to tears. It was too much of a pain to make any progress.
maciebei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 maciebei
Member since 2004 • 431 Posts
Try conquer online
stan51q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 stan51q
Member since 2004 • 66 Posts
Try playing Ferentus its like a cheapy wow but still good. www.ferentus.com
Poketown541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Poketown541
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

thang, knight online, and rose will be killed by WoW

just kidding :D

free mmos are decent but WoW is better.

slickr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#213 slickr
Member since 2005 • 2279 Posts
very useful post
Shadox_Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Shadox_Ultra
Member since 2005 • 513 Posts
man all that stuff is good
kocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#215 kocka
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts
I am playing Knight Online. Thats really fun, but needs so many RAM. :S
WolksWagen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#216 WolksWagen
Member since 2005 • 2239 Posts

I am playing Knight Online. Thats really fun, but needs so many RAM. :Skocka

how much RAM do you have?

M16Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 M16Snake
Member since 2005 • 1288 Posts
TAG
cloud60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 cloud60
Member since 2003 • 262 Posts

FATE is a free MMORPG. Try it

http://www.playfate.com

The story is about a town name Grove where there is an old wood. In that old wood there is a Dungeon Gate.Beyong this gate you'll acquire power with unique weaponery and magic spells. you'll have to fights through powerful monsters to acquire fame and fortune.

Iatemuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Iatemuffinman
Member since 2003 • 2079 Posts

FATE is a free MMORPG. Try it

http://www.playfate.com

The story is about a town name Grove where there is an old wood. In that old wood there is a Dungeon Gate.Beyong this gate you'll acquire power with unique weaponery and magic spells. you'll have to fights through powerful monsters to acquire fame and fortune.

cloud60
Supposedly,the people that made that game also make spyware so im not even gonna try it:P
tomanders91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#220 tomanders91
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
hey jsut wondering if any of these are worth downloadin? what are your favourites?
cloud60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 cloud60
Member since 2003 • 262 Posts

Star Sonata

http://www.starsonata.com

Iatemuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Iatemuffinman
Maple Story sucked.I played it and the community was crappy and everyone was a jerk.Also they took like all of the monsters from ragnarok.
daniel6573354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 daniel6573354
yes
Raindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Raindust
Runescape is pretty good mmorpg considering that its free: http://www.runescape.com I started playing it for a year now but later we discoverd guildwars which almost like runescape just way way better! And it costs 50 bucks...
misteros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#225 misteros
Member since 2005 • 1967 Posts
Face of mankind looks awesome I really want to play but for some reason there are no people, im alone in a world with a few npcs, whuts up with that?
-Jinxmasta-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 -Jinxmasta-
Member since 2003 • 6010 Posts
Face of mankind looks awesome I really want to play but for some reason there are no people, im alone in a world with a few npcs, whuts up with that?misteros

What colony/part of earth are you on and what faction are you?
andy5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 andy5510
Member since 2005 • 325 Posts
why does everyone hate runescape its the best free mmorpgs plus once your finished with the high level account you just sell it on ebay like i did for a $100 dollers now with the $100 dollers you can get world of war craft and a few months subscription. :P
Real-Veracity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Real-Veracity
Member since 2005 • 1505 Posts
wow this is a great thread aby recomendations on free mmorpgs for computers that maybe a little on the slower side?
misteros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 misteros
OK i got fom and here is my mini review for the beta

Future of mankind is a MMORPG, but its also a FPS. The game is really good for a free game and I suggest everyone at least gives it shot at fomportal.com

So FOM is more fun, the more time you have to put into it, because it is REALLY TIME CONSUMING. This can be good if your trying to pass the time, but if your busy you won't want to play this game. The time consumingness starts with a HUGE download. In the game it you join a faction and then you fight in a ever going battle between the factions. The game evloves as diffrent characters and planets fall to the opposite sides, and this means that the game can change alot which is cool.

The game really seems to only suffer from 2 problmes, sadly they are enough to bring the game down alot. Sure the game is rough around the edges but it makes up for that with the fact that EVERYTHING is controled and designed by humans. That means that a real person makes missions. A real person teaches the class that you can enroll in. Yep thats right this is the most immersive game you will ever play, you have a character who will hopefully move up the ranks in your faction, by fighting missions, taking classes, trading items, ect.

Sure thats an awesome concept and alot of what makes the game special but it brings it down alot to. The first major problem is summed up quite easily, NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE PLAY. The second is that between missions there is nothing to do to pass the time, sure that keeps you busy working for your faction and not just screwing around, but its so boring if you cant find a mission. You just have to wander around, you cant just kill things to level up its much more complicated, so you have nothing to do without missions.

GAMEPLAY - 7
This could be a 10 if they added in a few mini games, and just something to do without missions

GRAPHICS - 7
They are good espicly for something free, but they just lack polish (if you sit down your character actully slips through the chair a few inches)

SOUND - 6
Mostly ok, and i know mmorpgs cant have voice acting, and any music would get repetitious but its just so quite 99% of the time

VALUE - 10
If you have time for this game, it has time for you. PERIOD

TILT - 8
Once again This game is SO CLOSE, they just need to add in a few non mission activites,add some more sounds (cd player where you can play mp3s in the game? mby), then fix up the minor graphic problems and this would be like my favorite game ever

rokkuman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#230 rokkuman09
Member since 2005 • 2228 Posts

We get a ton of threads asking where you can get free MMO's. I think it's worth a sticky for now to see how things go. Thanks for the comprehensive thread!fiddlecub

nice avatar

wenmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 wenmar
Member since 2005 • 138 Posts

Ok what is going on!!!!!!! I tried 2 sign up for KAL online but when i try to submit it keeps popping up a message that says "Passwords can only be over 6 lettes and below 8. No space in english or numbers"

i check my password no spaces and its 7 letters. I submit again. still pops up the same thing. that thing is pissing me off. and its like the only 3d mmorpg i now. PLZ HELP ME!!!!

ManilaProduct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 ManilaProduct
Member since 2004 • 272 Posts

Ok what is going on!!!!!!! I tried 2 sign up for KAL online but when i try to submit it keeps popping up a message that says "Passwords can only be over 6 lettes and below 8. No space in english or numbers"

i check my password no spaces and its 7 letters. I submit again. still pops up the same thing. that thing is pissing me off. and its like the only 3d mmorpg i now. PLZ HELP ME!!!!

wenmar

Yeah I keep getting that message too....I've been trying to register ever since iRose "died".
Just waiting for eRose n' naRose betas..(will go p2p obviously)
Rakion is down...anyone know when it'll be back...I heard Oct. ...is that right?
misteros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 misteros
For whatever reason they never sent me the mail to register, but to answer your question

1.no caps
2. you need a number in there
ashbash666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 ashbash666
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts
Hi dont know if this had already been posted but have u seen seal online (www.sealonline.com), its coming to beta soon, hopefully within the next month, it looks real good
its looking a bit like rose online only better and its supposed to be 10x better than rose, so we will see, any wayz just thought i would add it
-Jinxmasta-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 -Jinxmasta-
As for FoM, misteros's review was very true. I played a lot of FoM at the end of the last school year and during the summer. Now, I barely find the time to play, and most of my time is spent on their forums (I'm a Rank 4 in GoM's foreign relations department so time on the forums is a must). In the last week, I think I've only logged on twice. In other words, if you have lots of free time, it's a good game (and you have to be willing to roleplay some). If you don't have free time, then chances are you won't like it.
Chainsaw128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Chainsaw128
I played runescape way back in the day. Pretty cool game, but probably outdated for most people nowadays.
wenmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 wenmar
Member since 2005 • 138 Posts

Ok i need help again. Knight Online works fine. When it goes into fullscreen a window says "Connecting, Please Wait"

i wait for 10 mins. Then it said "Disconnected from Server" cAn some1 plz help me

cakemania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 cakemania
Member since 2005 • 260 Posts
Has Pristontale a montly fee, or is it free? PS: I dont know why you consider Gunz a massive agme either an RPG. Why is it a massive game? Because it puts you in chat with hundreds of people? Diablo 1 did it too. For me, as the game only allow 16 people playing with/against each other it cant be considered a massive. And why is it an RPG? Only because of the levels? The levels doesnt even influences your character anyways. And the only choices you have on your character, are what items will you wear. And that doesnt make it an RPG. Although, Gunz is a good game. I like the mix of fireguns and swords plus the martial arts moves (wall running, etc.). Hope to see something like Prince of Persia/Ninja Gaiden on the future versions of this game.
X2X0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 X2X0
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts
I play dofus and its pretty fun. i tryed to sign up for knights online but all the names are friggen taken. who uses SageMaster34
Iatemuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Iatemuffinman

FlyFF: http://english.flyff.com/

It looks interesting and its in beta atm.Its gonna be free after beta also.The only bad thing is that I've heard that theres alot of bugs and hackers.You can try it anyway though:PIf you try it tell me if its good or not.

SnoopReg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 SnoopReg
Member since 2003 • 317 Posts
A Tale in the Desert: http://www.atitd.com/

I'm suprised noone mentioned this game, it's so much better then most of the MMORPG's on the market.
It's basically a social experiment, you join a group of people to survive in ancient Egypt. The download is free, and you get a 30 day trial, and it's 9 dollars a month. It's worthy change to the grind-action MMORPG's out right now.
slnapster04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 slnapster04
Member since 2004 • 1036 Posts
How is Kal Online?
greatmagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 greatmagnus
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
Cool, thanks
Avatar image for anthonysiffredi
anthonysiffredi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 anthonysiffredi
Member since 2003 • 1092 Posts
AWESOME post...but i NEVER knew there where so many free online games! Playing maple story...wished ragnarok was free
-Jinxmasta-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 -Jinxmasta-
Face of mankind looks good...maybe something between deus ex/snowblind and online like neocron ... but free.btw : neocron 2 is out now . anybody plays it here ?dsd02_

Downloading Neocron 2 right now... Well not really, I'm patching it, but then again not really. Let's just say about 3/4th of my install was corrupt and I have to download all of the files at like 1kb/sec. And yes, I've tried redownloading from five places and reinstalling about twenty times... Doesn't work.
-Jinxmasta-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 -Jinxmasta-
you know something... what axx- just did in this forum is what i say a very good "friendship display". You know why??

Because in my opinion mmorpg's aren't what it used to be. I still remember the good days when you went to your favorite game shop and bought a game paying ONLY THE GAME, now you have to buy the F****** game and BESIDES pay a monthly "rent" just to play the game on the net.

I'm not saying that the new mmorpg's aren't good, on the other side i think they're GREAT games (i.e. WoW, GW, Matrix online, etc.) but just thinking that i have to give away my money just for the "maintenance" of the server doesn't fit me.

i remember the first MMO game i played was rainbow six rogue spear and i was addicted to it. All night Playing it (WITH 56K MODEM!!!) and i said to my little brother "i think all games should be like this playing with your friends on the net without paying additional (i know a lot of people think the last thing i said is pure bull**** but it's true).

YEAH YEAH... I know a lot of you guys are going to tell me that a newbie in the forum can't start saying things like that, that i suck, but i'm actually one of the oldest person in gamespot (since 12/12/99 i remember the exact date because it was the night after i got internet) but just haven't check the forums (i'm not a forum person), but when i saw the big discussion about the MMORPG's i just thought that i should express myself and my opinion. Hey that's what forums are.

P.D. to anyone who bothers reading this thank you for reading this stupid tread. And to the guys who think like me "DOWN WITH THE BIG BLIZZARD LIKE COMPANIES"
JHON_DOE

Wow... Just wow... You do realize your first "MMO" wasn't even an MMO at all right? Rogue Spear is an online game that's played over 32 man or less servers. MMO's, on the other hand, are made to support thousands of people, and those servers require a lot better hardware and a lot more maintenance than a single small server needed to run Rogue Spear. I won't go into the details, as I'm sure you probably will not understand it seeing as you've been on GS for over 6 years now and still haven't picked up on this...
katalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#247 katalist
Member since 2003 • 10159 Posts
A Tale in the Desert: http://www.atitd.com/

I'm suprised noone mentioned this game, it's so much better then most of the MMORPG's on the market.
It's basically a social experiment, you join a group of people to survive in ancient Egypt. The download is free, and you get a 30 day trial, and it's 9 dollars a month. It's worthy change to the grind-action MMORPG's out right now.
SnoopReg

THanks for this link man, this game looks right up my alley (;

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#248 111222333444
Member since 2003 • 3006 Posts
some nice free games. gunz the duel owns.
dolihiotis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 dolihiotis
Hey guys thanks!!! That post was very enlightening!!!!:)
OmgProtoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 OmgProtoss
Member since 2005 • 2264 Posts
[QUOTE="JHON_DOE"]you know something... what axx- just did in this forum is what i say a very good "friendship display". You know why??

Because in my opinion mmorpg's aren't what it used to be. I still remember the good days when you went to your favorite game shop and bought a game paying ONLY THE GAME, now you have to buy the F****** game and BESIDES pay a monthly "rent" just to play the game on the net.

I'm not saying that the new mmorpg's aren't good, on the other side i think they're GREAT games (i.e. WoW, GW, Matrix online, etc.) but just thinking that i have to give away my money just for the "maintenance" of the server doesn't fit me.

i remember the first MMO game i played was rainbow six rogue spear and i was addicted to it. All night Playing it (WITH 56K MODEM!!!) and i said to my little brother "i think all games should be like this playing with your friends on the net without paying additional (i know a lot of people think the last thing i said is pure bull**** but it's true).

YEAH YEAH... I know a lot of you guys are going to tell me that a newbie in the forum can't start saying things like that, that i suck, but i'm actually one of the oldest person in gamespot (since 12/12/99 i remember the exact date because it was the night after i got internet) but just haven't check the forums (i'm not a forum person), but when i saw the big discussion about the MMORPG's i just thought that i should express myself and my opinion. Hey that's what forums are.

P.D. to anyone who bothers reading this thank you for reading this stupid tread. And to the guys who think like me "DOWN WITH THE BIG BLIZZARD LIKE COMPANIES"
-Jinxmasta-

Wow... Just wow... You do realize your first "MMO" wasn't even an MMO at all right? Rogue Spear is an online game that's played over 32 man or less servers. MMO's, on the other hand, are made to support thousands of people, and those servers require a lot better hardware and a lot more maintenance than a single small server needed to run Rogue Spear. I won't go into the details, as I'm sure you probably will not understand it seeing as you've been on GS for over 6 years now and still haven't picked up on this...

I love when some misinformed "Newb" wastes time making a huge post when none of it has correct info.