COD4 'connection timed out'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FreshPrinceUk (673 posts) -

hey

i got into one match after about trying 10 times, it says 'awaiting connection' then counts to ten, then says 'error connection timed out'

wot do i do to fix this?

quick reply is appretiated

#2 Posted by Ney_ (166 posts) -

Already typed this once, but oh well.

To fix the connection expired problem, type in console the following: cl_connectionAttempts "60"

You will then be attempting to join a server for 60 seconds instead of the default 10. I haven't found a way to change the default setting, so you have to type it every time you start MP for now.

#3 Posted by purple_MAN1832 (2125 posts) -
if you've had a previous call of duty you'll know that this problem has always been there...
#4 Posted by dayaccus007 (4349 posts) -

if you've had a previous call of duty you'll know that this problem has always been there... purple_MAN1832

I've played COD United offensive online but I didn't encounter this problem

#5 Posted by FreshPrinceUk (673 posts) -

hey i tried typing it n it still times out at 10 seconds, can some one tell me where to do it n how to, i did it in start a new server, but its the same.

o, is that a space between the 'attempts' and "60"?

plz help

i got into a game after bout 20 mins of trying so had bout 4-5 matches, now just need to know exactly how to extend the time

cheers

#6 Posted by FreshPrinceUk (673 posts) -

also i click refresh list in 'join server' n nothig coming up.

it just says 'waiting fr response from master server

how come it aint responding? it been like that for bout 10 mins

#7 Posted by LaNoOm (1039 posts) -
Try a diffrent server.
#8 Posted by FreshPrinceUk (673 posts) -
no servers show up!!
#9 Posted by LaNoOm (1039 posts) -
Wow. Either your internet is down. Or you need to filter the servers correctly.
#10 Posted by jzen_ (711 posts) -

Already typed this once, but oh well.

To fix the connection expired problem, type in console the following: cl_connectionAttempts "60"

You will then be attempting to join a server for 60 seconds instead of the default 10. I haven't found a way to change the default setting, so you have to type it every time you start MP for now.

Ney_
or you can keep typing: /reconnect which is what i do. i tried this setting and it seems to reset itself when you close and re-open the game
#11 Posted by LaNoOm (1039 posts) -
It might not be your problem. The call of duty 4 servers are really buggy right now.