COD4 Connection issues!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

Alright well when i first got the game a few days ago i could connect to any server almost immediately without problems. However for some reason recently i just cant seem to connect to any servers and it takes many attempts to connect to different servers before i finally manage to get one working.

I've checked my internet connection and its working fine so that isn't the problem and my copy of the game is legal and i've checked my CD key in the options menu which says its a valid key. So i'm confused as to why i cant seem to connect and login to servers when i managed to do this a few days ago without problem.

So my question is who else is experiencing this and is there anything i can do to overcome this problem? because it's really starting to piss me off now lol.

Ney_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ney_
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts

To fix the connection expired problem, type in console the following: cl_connectionAttempts "60"

You will then be attempting to join a server for 60 seconds instead of the default 10. I haven't found a way to change the default setting, so you have to type it every time you start MP for now.

Minder22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Minder22
Member since 2004 • 487 Posts
been having the same problems and i also need help with getting them worked out bc it just pisses me off
Ney_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ney_
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts
Eh, help is in my first post. By the way, console is the button with § and ½ on - the one left of the "1" button. At least on my keyboard...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 1005
To fix the connection expired problem, type in console the following: cl_connectionAttempts "60"

You will then be attempting to join a server for 60 seconds instead of the default 10. I haven't found a way to change the default setting, so you have to type it every time you start MP for now.Ney_

Alright cheers i'll give it a go mate but i just find it weird when i first purchased the game connecting was almost instant, now it just never connects lol. But i'll give that console command a try and hope it works.

zipperawm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zipperawm
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

PUNKBUSTER is most likely the problem, the game does not seem to want to auto update it which causes endless looping.

GO HERE (http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php) to update COD4 Punkbuster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 1005
PUNKBUSTER is most likely the problem, the game does not seem to want to auto update it which causes endless looping.

GO HERE (http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php) to update COD4 Punkbuster.zipperawm

Problem solved, cheers :)!

zipperawm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zipperawm
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Anytime
masspwnerlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 masspwnerlol
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i am having all the same problems + 1 every time i try to connect (and fail), my internet goes out for about 2 minutes but only on MY computer...all the other computers in my house can connect to the internet except mine after trying to connect i do not see any logic to this problem and REALLY do not understand how that could possibly happen...but it does i have tried manually updating punkbuster and it seems to never do anyhting (it alwasy says it is update..even over a 4 month period) HELP?