SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

Call of Duty World War 2 crashing to desktop randomly in between matches? I can only really play 1-3 matches in a row before a crash occurs. Sometimes the game crashes just after clicking "play" during the online profile fetching. I don't understand what is happening here, this is quite literally the worst experience I've had with a game, EVER since I began PC gaming several years ago.

System specs are:

i5 2500k Oc'd to 4.0ghz

GTX 1070

16 GB ddr3 ram

I don't understand, is my processor just too old now? I really don't think that's the case considering it runs a heavily modded Witcher 3 no problem, and had absolutely no issue running Battlefield 1. I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers. Anyone know any fixes for this? Surprisingly I really enjoy this game WHEN I CAN PLAY IT. So, I'm pretty peeved that I just can't play it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@SystemsGO said:

Call of Duty World War 2 crashing to desktop randomly in between matches? I can only really play 1-3 matches in a row before a crash occurs. Sometimes the game crashes just after clicking "play" during the online profile fetching. I don't understand what is happening here, this is quite literally the worst experience I've had with a game, EVER since I began PC gaming several years ago.

System specs are:

i5 2500k Oc'd to 4.0ghz

GTX 1070

16 GB ddr3 ram

I don't understand, is my processor just too old now? I really don't think that's the case considering it runs a heavily modded Witcher 3 no problem, and had absolutely no issue running Battlefield 1. I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers. Anyone know any fixes for this? Surprisingly I really enjoy this game WHEN I CAN PLAY IT. So, I'm pretty peeved that I just can't play it.

Computer is fine, the game just came out so probably needs a patch or two.

Have you updated your video card drivers? And if so, have you tried reverting back to 4-5 version behind and testing?

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@SystemsGO said:

System specs are:

i5 2500k Oc'd to 4.0ghz

GTX 1070

16 GB ddr3 ram

Which 1070 do you have?

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SystemsGO

@FelipeInside: I updated to the latest drivers. The most recent drivers were supposed to correct this issue. I've only used the drivers previous to the latest, which also were a failure. However, I will try going back further to see if that's any resolution. I'm hoping a simple patch from the DEV resolves the problem, because the 1-2 matches I get to play I thoroughly enjoy. So I'm holding off asking for a refund at this point.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside

@SystemsGO said:

@FelipeInside: I updated to the latest drivers. The most recent drivers were supposed to correct this issue. I've only used the drivers previous to the latest, which also were a failure. However, I will try going back further to see if that's any resolution. I'm hoping a simple patch from the DEV resolves the problem, because the 1-2 matches I get to play I thoroughly enjoy. So I'm holding off asking for a refund at this point.

I rarely upgrade to the latest drivers because they have caused me more harm than good.

My rule "if my current driver is working fine, why change it. Don't fix what ain't broke"

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@SystemsGO said:

The reason I was asking what 1070 you have because I had 2 games on my 1080 Ti that would constantly crash. I started researching and found that I needed two 8 pin power connectors instead of one with a dual power connectors. What was happening is that the PSU would send too much power through one cable which it couldn't handle but the game was asking for it and it would overload and cause the PC to crash and restart. However, I can't remember if there is a 1070 with 2 power connectors?

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SystemsGO

@Diddies: I honestly don't remember which one I have exactly. I think it's made by PNY, but it's a single cord, instead of 2. -_-

But seriously, if Witcher 3 heavily modded and battlefield 1 ran just fine there is no reason I should be having that issue out of a Call of Duty game.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SystemsGO

@FelipeInside: Unfortunately neither driver for the game has actually worked, so I updated in the hopes that the new driver would resolve the issue. It didn't, unfortunately.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside

@SystemsGO said:

@FelipeInside: Unfortunately neither driver for the game has actually worked, so I updated in the hopes that the new driver would resolve the issue. It didn't, unfortunately.

That sucks.

Start googling and see if there is a webpage with fixes for different crashes.

If not it's a wait game for patches. I remember Black Ops 1 caused me grieve till they patched it.

MGSHOTTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By MGSHOTTZ
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

New to this website and found the forum topics interesting and informative.

I intend to have my local IT shop load COD WWII (PC) onto my Dell OPTIPLEX 3010 desktop. This will hopefully be done following substantial system upgrade to "recommended" specs for the COD WWII game. I only run my COD games in Solo mode, mainly due to my 25 Mbps Satellite internet connection. I would assume the COD WWII requires an internet connect during play?

My question is;

1. Once the game is downloaded from my Steam account should I anticipate any problems running the game through my Satellite Internet connection in the Solo mode?

2. What level of band usage can I anticipate with my Steam account connection while running the game in Solo mode?

Appreciate the input,