COD Modern Warfare 3 using Steamworks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/317135/modern-warfare-3-confirmed-for-steamworks/ (Gamespot still won't let me link it)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
This was pretty much expected.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

I'm still fine with COD4 to be honest. Even then there are other FPS I would normally rather play, than a COD-style game.

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
Good for the people who wanted it. I still won't be buying it.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I still feel that Activision owes me a game after I bought the crap that was MW2. No, I will not be buying MW3, which will most likely be more crap from IW. CoD4 was good but then they ruined everything that was good about it in MW2.
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
I still feel that Activision owes me a game after I bought the crap that was MW2. SF_KiLLaMaN
I bought that game used and played hundreds of hours on it. Activision don't owe you or me a thing.
ravenguard90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ravenguard90
Member since 2005 • 3064 Posts

I still feel that Activision owes me a game after I bought the crap that was MW2. No, I will not be buying MW3, which will most likely be more crap from IW. CoD4 was good but then they ruined everything that was good about it in MW2.SF_KiLLaMaN

Care to elaborate? I personally think the game stagnated in innovation after MW1, not deteriorated (other than the lack ofdedicated servers andmod support, that is).

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts
I think World At War was a good game, even though it was technically just a WWII reskin of MW. Regardless, I'm not interested in MW3. I got Black Ops, could not enjoy it since it's the same game that's been around since 2007, so we'll see what the 2012 offering of CoD has to offer and if it's not on a new engine, again, then it's pretty much game, set, match on the CoD series.
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#9 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

I won't buy it on release but will probably pick it up when ever I feel like playing through it.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]I still feel that Activision owes me a game after I bought the crap that was MW2. No, I will not be buying MW3, which will most likely be more crap from IW. CoD4 was good but then they ruined everything that was good about it in MW2.ravenguard90

Care to elaborate? I personally think the game stagnated in innovation after MW1, not deteriorated (other than the lack ofdedicated servers andmod support, that is).

I agree, I don't think MW2 was deterioration in comparison to MW1, just a little stale.

However, I do feel that black ops was a deteriorated mess, the performance of that game was just crappy.

I am glad however that MW3 will be on Steam, and will have dedicated servers. (If it looks fun, I may give it a go)

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Cookies ! No, really - that was my answer ... as for the game - not willing to buy it ... unless they give me the game for free so I could see the finish of the SP story ... unless there's going to be MW4 and 5 and all the way till infinity ...

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]I still feel that Activision owes me a game after I bought the crap that was MW2. No, I will not be buying MW3, which will most likely be more crap from IW. CoD4 was good but then they ruined everything that was good about it in MW2.ravenguard90

they added a ton of stuff that pretty much ruined the game. They went over board with the kill streaks, added stupid perks like commando, added stupid weapons like the throwing knives and the cheap shottys, and not to mention the stupid death streaks. Also the campaign was a joke. Not only was it way too short, it was ridiculous and full of plot holes. A 4th grader could have written a better story for MW2 than IW did. I could write a 2 page paper on what was wrong with MW2, but I'll spare you the wall of text.
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

eh, maybe if the price drops

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

I'm skipping this one.

Not because of Steamworks, but because MW2 was awful.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I feel kinda bad saying it, but yeah I will get it. I like the stupidness of the MW campaigns and Spec-Ops is super fun. And maybe, just maybe, the MP isn't completely ****** this time.

DasBeerBoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DasBeerBoot
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

I'm skipping this one.

Not because of Steamworks, but because MW2 was awful.

broken_bass_bin
Same here :S u sooooo right
nicecalmguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nicecalmguy
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I'm still fine with COD4 to be honest. Even then there are other FPS I would normally rather play, than a COD-style game.
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

LOL this thread would be so different if posted on ps3/x360 section :D

Uhhh mw3 got biggah gunnazz with lazer beamzzz so mega coool and therz more stuff like big choppahs n a lethal spoon!!! ¬¬

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

Steamworks integration was one of the things that REALLY put me off MW2. VAC plain out sucked (I'm told it's been improved). The way how VAC worked, letting hackers continue for a couple of weeks, before getting banned, was a joke.

People actually trying to say VAC is better than PB. PB has problems, but nothing like what VAC has/did.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Cookies. On a serious note, a big no. I'm not even remotely interested in CoD.