Building a new PC this year, was wondering if I could get some questions answered. I'd appreciate it a lot :D
- Was planning on upgrading to 32 GB of memory for future-proofing; is 4 x 8 GB better than 2 x 16 GB?
- In terms of memory, what is the sort of "Standard" speed/hz/timing I want to look for? I was thinking of grabbing some of this
- I'm going to go a little crazy in terms of processor this time, as in the past I've always gone for a combination of performance-per-dollar. I was going to set my budget for something like a Ryzen 3950X ($750 or so); is this a complete waste of money?
- All I do with my PC is game, browse, and maybe a bit of work with Excel and so forth.
- I currently own a RTX 2080, is there a bare-minimum combo of processor and memory I want to pair with it, and what is it?
Thank you very much! It's been about five years since I've upgraded my cpu/mobo/memory, so I am looking forward to it :) Getting a new case and it has a clear side panel, so I was thinking of making it try to look good as well. Any tips on where to get tight-looking cables and cable-management stuff?
Any other information appreciated.