Cheapest Desktop or Laptop that can run PC games and WoW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Balbaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Balbaar
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts
I was guessing that since this is a PC forum, this is where I could post. I want a laptop/desktop that can run WoW and other games such as CS:Source and TF2. I would like if it could support medium settings on Valve games.
ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ekultus
Member since 2010 • 1013 Posts
dude just custom build a rig, i gots a 2.2 duo core, 8600gt and i can run all those valve games on high settings. u can custom build a rig for like 300-400$ that will run all those games u mentioned flawlessly at high settings. obviously monitor and stuff is not included in that price. custom build is the way to go, your learn hardware and have fun doing it
gosmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gosmo
Member since 2005 • 289 Posts

You will get ripped off buying a PC. Just get one built, ask over in the PC Hardware forum, they will help.

Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts

Unless you really plan on moving around with the thing Laptops aren't very good for gaming. Overheating, lack up upgradability, battery draining, power dependency, you aren't going to get much out of a laptop unless you really move around a lot.

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#5 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
For world of warcraft you can get an acer laptop... and if you don't mind a dell mini 9 could even run it. My friend has showed me. Just about any laptop or computer nowadays can play it.
Shade340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shade340
Member since 2008 • 516 Posts

You can probably build one that can run quite few games Crysis on low/med etc. for about 300$ but you may have to use some illicit methods

DiableHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DiableHunter
Member since 2009 • 111 Posts

Unless you really plan on moving around with the thing Laptops aren't very good for gaming. Overheating, lack up upgradability, battery draining, power dependency, you aren't going to get much out of a laptop unless you really move around a lot.

Drazule
agree with this guy, the best thing to do is make you own custom rig for about $400 US and then buy a decent $300 US netbook if you need portability. (for $300 you can get one with a about a 2.16 Ghz processor, a1GB ram, 7 hours battery life) which would be enough for school/uni and can max out/at least handle most of the popular oldschool games (,CS:S, Starcraft, DoD. Warcraft 3)