Character question for WoW players....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
What is the best class for someone who doesnt mind groups, but prefers to do alot of soloing?
eTrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 eTrace
Member since 2003 • 3042 Posts
at this point most classes are pretty good at lvling. i would think more towards what you want to be doing endgame. my suggestion is to try them out and find which one is the most fun for you. for soloing and lvling, the easiest/fastest classes are probably warlock and hunter tho.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

at this point most classes are pretty good at lvling. i would think more towards what you want to be doing endgame. my suggestion is to try them out and find which one is the most fun for you. for soloing and lvling, the easiest/fastest classes are probably warlock and hunter tho.eTrace

yup those two classes are the easiest to level up with the thing is though that once you start raiding if you are a hunter, you realize that 95% of hunters suck at controlling their pets so noone will ake the chance to allow hunters into raids. warlocks however, dont even need their demons in the raids all you need to do is shadowbolt and DoT after DoT after DoT so yeah warlocks would be better for endgame content. however, if you have the guts to try and level up a priest to 70, it will payoff because EVERY raid needs priests and without a priest raids are doomed.

Vincent__Vega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Vincent__Vega
Member since 2003 • 386 Posts

I also agree.

I have a 70 hunter and warlock. Hunters are WoW easy mode. Leveling is a piece of cake. Only problem is that hunters are a dime a dozen, and are seen as the noob class, so finding groups for instances was a pain in the ass for me when I was leveling.

My warlock on the other hand, was so much fun to play. Probably because there are so many diffrent ways you can spec and play a warlock, there was hardly ever a time when I bored playing him.

I got a rogue too, but not as easy to level. You need tons of bandages, and if you get in trouble, your probably gonna die. Im combat sword spec right now, and that is making leveling a lot easier.

corogl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 corogl
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I kinda agree because i have a warrior and they are needed to tank a lot plus they do good damage with the right gear but not a lot of DPS
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Rogue,Hunter,Lock :P
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
I kinda agree because i have a warrior and they are needed to tank a lot plus they do good damage with the right gear but not a lot of DPScorogl
What's the point in good damage without DPS? Unless we're talking PvP, which we aren't.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Most classes are easy to level up, just as long as you don't go into healer spec (if that class indeed does have a talent tree for that).
BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

Every class can solo pretty well, though you might have to spec a particular way to be very successful at it. The easiest classes to play solo are probably warlock, hunter and maybe rogue. As a mage, I found I had a pretty easy time, but a lot of elites in the Outland are immune to freezing effects, which makes soloing those a bit more difficult until you gear up. Same for AoE leveling, which is hurt by the amount of health mobs start getting in the Outland.

The easiest classes for getting into groups are going to be tanks, healers, dps with CC, other dps in that order.

Hunters probably have a hard time getting into groups, I would imagine. They're generally the most played class on any server, and a lot of folks who play them are terrible. The "huntard" stereotype is well earned by a large percentage of them. For every hunter you have that can trap with getting themselves killed in the process, do great dps without pulling aggro because they frequently use feign death, you have a large percentage of noobs. I don't know how many hunters I've met that constantly break CC because they insist on using multi-shot, or die every time you give them a target to trap, die because they never use feign death and keep pulling aggro off the tank, don't use many of the various helpful skills in their arsenal because they never bothered to learn what they were while leveling. When you find a well played hunter, they're great to have around, though. Good damage, CC, etc.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

Well I'll chime in even though everybody pretty much already said what I'm going to say. Most every class is fairly easy to solo, some are just more fun to play than others (depending on preference of play style). Easiest is probably Hunter or Warlock. Pets can take off the pressure and hold aggro.

Lately though I've been playing druid and been having fun with that. Heals, Tanking, and DPS all in one character :P