Can't Launch Oblivion - Says I'm not Connected to the Net

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by whitey_rolls (2547 posts) -

So I bought Oblivion ages ago from Direct2Drive, played it lots with no issues.

I recently reformated so had to reinstall the game. I've attempted to play but some box pops up saying I require an internet connection and it can't find one.

This is DRM from Activemark technologies, I've attempted to resolve this through their support team but they are less than helpful. 

Anyone else came across this and know how to fix it?

#2 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

hasn't D2D gone the way of the dodo?

#3 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

Anyways, instead of trying to do uneccessary efforts, you get the completey DRM Free GOTY of Oblivion for about 10 bucks. I'd say go for that :)

#4 Posted by whitey_rolls (2547 posts) -

Yes D2D is gone - thanks for pointing out the obvious, I don't see what that has to do with my issue though.

With respect to buying Oblivion again, I could but why should I have to?  I bought the game and the DRM integrated into it shouldn't prevent me from using it.  

It's bull...

#5 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

Sorry for your loss man, i'd give you my Oblivion copy if i could because i hate that feeling when you buy something and can't use it.

#6 Posted by KalDurenik (3768 posts) -

Yes D2D is gone - thanks for pointing out the obvious, I don't see what that has to do with my issue though.

With respect to buying Oblivion again, I could but why should I have to?  I bought the game and the DRM integrated into it shouldn't prevent me from using it.  

It's bull...

whitey_rolls
I might get a warning for this... but in cases like this when the DRM screw one over just crack it and be done with it.
#7 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

[QUOTE="whitey_rolls"]

It's bull...

KalDurenik

I might get a warning for this... but in cases like this when the DRM screw one over just crack it and be done with it.

My thoughts exactly. THIS is what people who aren't pirates use cracks for. Cracks can be wonderful things.

#8 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5123 posts) -

This is the reason I still buy games retail. Although if Steam should ever go under (it probably won't) I suppose a lot of us are in trouble...

#9 Posted by dsgsdfgf (1004 posts) -

Didn't gamefly buy D2D?
Try this:

1. Download the Gamefly client
  2. Request a new password using the D2D email
  3. Log in with the email and the new password

You should be able to access your D2D account and download your games that way.

#10 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (3117 posts) -

download and install a crack. sure to fix your problems. 

#11 Posted by N30F3N1X (8793 posts) -

It's bull...

whitey_rolls

Do you have the latest patch? Where did you download it from?

If it tries to connect to servers that aren't there anymore it's normal that it won't pick up any response, and thus say you're not connected.

#12 Posted by bonafidetk (3911 posts) -
install gamefly and use your oblivion cdkey there. It'll probably work.
#13 Posted by whitey_rolls (2547 posts) -

The crack option sounds good, I bought the damn game I should be able to use it so nothing illegal about it. 

Except I've never cracked a game before wouldn't know where to begin.

#14 Posted by arronchard (25 posts) -
Find a working crack, go to your program files and find where oblivion is installed to and paste the crack there, click yes to copy and replace and your done
#15 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

This is the reason I still buy games retail. Although if Steam should ever go under (it probably won't) I suppose a lot of us are in trouble...

Starshine_M2A2

Nothing lasts forever. Steam might be doing well now, but who knows if a decade from now that will be the case. 

#16 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

Vari3ty

Nothing lasts forever. Steam might be doing well now, but who knows if a decade from now that will be the case. 

in 10 years I highly doubt many of us will be playing, or be able to play at all, most of your steam library we have today

#17 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

wis3boi

in 10 years I highly doubt many of us will be playing, or be able to play at all, most of your steam library we have today

I doubt i'll be playing games as heavily in 10 years as i do now thats for sure... especially when you marry and have kids of your own to look after a lot of things can change unfortunately.

#18 Posted by JKnaperek (2023 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

BattleSpectre

I doubt i'll be playing games as heavily in 10 years as i do now thats for sure... especially when you marry and have kids of your own to look after a lot of things can change unfortunately.

lol unfortunately? That's pretty nubbish
#19 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (3117 posts) -

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

JKnaperek

lol unfortunately? That's pretty nubbish

why get married if its unfortunate haha. off topic

#20 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

You can probably fix this problem real quick with a visit to the site of thepirates of the bay that say YARRRR!

Or visit another site that involves gamecopy'ing in the world.

DRM like this was made to be broken...

#21 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

No lol i didn't mean getting married is unfortunate, i just don't like how everything changes around you and the things you used to enjoy just seem to be forgotten. I'm sure playing games will be the last on the list let alone having time to play them.

I wish we could just stay young forever haha.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
#22 Posted by deactivated-57e5de5e137a4 (12929 posts) -

Didn't gamefly buy D2D?
Try this:

1. Download the Gamefly client
  2. Request a new password using the D2D email
  3. Log in with the email and the new password

You should be able to access your D2D account and download your games that way.

dsgsdfgf

This. Gamefly may allow you to play it, but I bet you will have to download it again because they have gotten a new distribution system.

#23 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (3117 posts) -

They should focus more of making an enjoyable game instead of making it hard to access and run... FAIL