Can't FIND Diablo 2 Save files.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Stream_Beta
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts
Ok before you say anything or respond at all read my whole message. So I can't find the Diablo 2 save files anywhere on my laptop. I downloaded Diablo 2 through battlenet.com, and I installed both Diablo 2 and LOD expansion. Once I had it installed I created a save folder in the Diablo 2 directory (Where you normally find you save files), and I copied over my save files the last time I played Diablo 2. So I played Diablo 2 and got pretty far with my new character. Then I decided I wanted to play Diablo 2 on my Desktop instead of the laptop. So I cut and pasted over my save files and when I played with the save files on my desktop I find out that it's the original files that I through on my laptop originally. So I go back over to my laptop and there are no save files in the save folder in the Diablo 2 directory, so I delete the "Save" folder. But once I load up and try to play Diablo 2 again...ALL my characters are there, the new ones that I had started playing with on the laptop. So I figured that maybe there are saved somewhere else on my laptop. NOPE....there are no where to be found. I searched my HDD for .ds2 files (which is the format of the save files) and I couldn't find anything, so then I typed the character name with .ds2 and still nothing. Then I searched the registry files and I found zero save files (.ds2) there either. Then I looked in "My documents"...still nothing, then I looked in Roaming/Local/LocalLow and still nothing, I even looked through all the hidden folders and there isn't even a Diablo 2 folder anywhere to be found. The ONLY Diablo 2 files that I can find on my computer is in C:Program Files(x86)/Diablo II/. Just a bunch of .dll and .mpw and .exe files. I even tried making a new character and seeing if it would make the "Save" folder and through that character in that folder, under the Diablo 2 directory. I made a new character and NOPE...it's not where I thought it was and I can't figure out where it is at all either. So can someone tell me WHERE are the Diablo 2 :LOD save files on Windows 7 x64 bit, when I had downloaded it from Battlenet.com Please can someone help me with this, it's pointless to keep playing if I am never going to be able to back-up these new save files of these new characters. P.S. To remind people, I can play with those characters in the game. They get saved and all my new armor is on the character each time I open and play the game, so it has to be saving somewhere...I mean I even disconnected my internet to see if it was saving them over the internet some how.
CurtDawg77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CurtDawg77
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

C:Users_username here_AppData_Local_VirtualStore_Program Files_Diablo II.

It's in a hidden folder so you will have to show the hidden files in the folder view.. Had the same problem as well.

Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stream_Beta
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

Thanks, I actually did figure it out. Took me way to long to figure out. Orginally I couldn't find the

Virtual Store folder. That and it seems to only put the save files there with specific computers. Since

the 3 other computer I looked at all had the save files in the normal spot and nothing was in

their "Virtual Store" folder that related to Blizzard.

Anyways, funny that you replied after this much time, even funnier that I noticed your reply

since it's been a long while since I have looked on the Gamespot forums.