Can't add friends on Steam?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
#1 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2741 posts) -

I've had steam for a while now but never really used it, i have a demo or two but thats about it for now and when i try to add friends via that thread with Steam ID and such when i click to add friends i get a message that I have to have games first to do so... does that mean actually full games?

#2 Posted by THA-TODD-BEAST (4569 posts) -

Yes

#3 Posted by mmofnbs (352 posts) -

There are a few features of Steam that are only available to "paying" customers. Sorry bud. Buy a game :)

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
#4 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2741 posts) -

There are a few features of Steam that are only available to "paying" customers. Sorry bud. Buy a game :)

mmofnbs

before I do though, is steam really realible and is it true you can only access those games through steam? what if i'm offline or cancel steam do i lose my games?

#5 Posted by slabber44 (985 posts) -

First of all why cancel steam since it's free? Second, I have 87 games through steam and have never had an issue with any of the games or services. Third, it is reliable and safe as long as you never give out your account info to anyone or be scammed by a phishing site. Just use your head.

#6 Posted by slabber44 (985 posts) -

Forgot, you can uninstall steam an reinstall on any computer and put in your account info and all your games will be available to download on that pc, but remember you can only be online on your account on one computer at a time. So what i'm saying is that you might have two computers with steam installed and can only play steam games on the computer you are currently logged into Steam on.

As for being offline, you can select that option if need be.