can this laptop play most games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for westcoastwillam
westcoastwillam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 westcoastwillam
Member since 2005 • 134 Posts

I was thinking of getting this laptop for gaming but I want to know maybe whats the best(graphics ) game I could play on it

thanks alot

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8897599&type=product&id=1212192365280

cornholio157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 cornholio157
Member since 2005 • 4603 Posts

first off the term gaming laptop is an oxymoron, laptops were never meant to be for gaming. so even if the company who makes it calles it a "gaming laptop" in a head to head performance compariosn its not gonna stand a chance againts its pc counter parts. and laptops hardware isnt easyily upgradable if even at all in some cases, youd be better off getting a pc and only gaming when your at home or whereever you would keep the pc at

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

first off the term gaming laptop is an oxymoron, laptops were never meant to be for gaming. so even if the company who makes it calles it a "gaming laptop" in a head to head performance compariosn its not gonna stand a chance againts its pc counter parts. and laptops hardware isnt easyily upgradable if even at all in some cases, youd be better off getting a pc and only gaming when your at home or whereever you would keep the pc at

cornholio157
it took me a year to discover and accept this for myself, listen to the guy. you want a desktop if you want to game
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts
I doubt that laptop will be able to play most games at a decent setting while achieving a decent FPS
GuitarFreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 GuitarFreak2
Member since 2006 • 670 Posts

If you want to play games on a laptop, look for something with at least a 9800GT or GTS. They will preform quite well paired up with a decent cpu. Look for something around the T9300 or so.

And gaming laptops are a reality now. The hardware is good enough to be able to play games smoothly. My laptop can play any game I throw at it maxed with the exception of crysis, but that's not a game :P

lawrencexx_873

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 lawrencexx_873
Member since 2005 • 258 Posts

Yes, yes the laptop can play most games.. Some new games however, you probably need to lower the settings and pray..

get a 9800gt or better. So.. Gateway :-D

THERE ARE GAMING LAPTOPS.. If you have the money. Go visit www.xoticpc.com for some good ones. Look forward to spending more than two thousand dollars..