Can someone please tell me if my laptop will run this game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chele519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chele519
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I'm mainly a console gamer so my desktop and laptop are not designed for gaming. I just bought this laptop, mainly for watching thru hdmi on my tv. Here are the specs: 2.00 ghz Intel Pentium dual core T4200, 1MB L2 cache, Intel graphics media accelerator 4500M, up to 1309 mb video memory, I know this is shared.The game I want to play is Still Life 2, which is not coming out on the Xbox, so I'm hoping to play it on the laptop. The specs of the game say the video card needs to be 128 mb directx 9 compatible, the rest I have more than the minimum but this I'm not sure of. One of the reviews on the laptop said that the guy tried playing Mirror's edge and it was playable but not good. Those specs look to be a lot higher than Still Life and Still Life, if it's like the first one, does not have a lot of action so I'm hoping it will work. I just don't want to buy the game without being sure. Thanx

joshuahaveron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 joshuahaveron
Member since 2004 • 2165 Posts

It should run, but it has a dedicated graphics, so won't be able to run that game or others well.

chele519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chele519

I just went back and looked at the review again. The guy who reviewed it and said mirrors' edge was no good on it, said Spore, Portal and Warcraft 3 played 100% perfectly on it. Still Life 1 was just a point and click game so I think 2 will be similar. I'm not familiar with those games except for Portal which I've played on the 360. If those other 2 games played fine, does it sound like this will too?

WestSideAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 WestSideAzn
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts

It should run, but it has a dedicated graphics, so won't be able to run that game or others well.

joshuahaveron
Yes it will run. But it won't run well. (Intel Graphics Media Accelerator) My suggestion is that if you really want to play a game on your laptop, get at least a 256mb Nvdia or ATI Graphics card. I personally hate IGMA.
chele519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chele519

So does that mean the picture quality will be crappy or that it will lock up and freeze the system? I'm not familiar with pc gaming at all so I don't know what "won't run well" really means. It's only for this one game since I have the first 2 in the trilogy and would really like the 3rd to see what happens. Can't afford to spend anymore money, especially for just 1 game. Thanx

joshuahaveron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 joshuahaveron
Member since 2004 • 2165 Posts

So does that mean the picture quality will be crappy or that it will lock up and freeze the system? I'm not familiar with pc gaming at all so I don't know what "won't run well" really means. It's only for this one game since I have the first 2 in the trilogy and would really like the 3rd to see what happens. Can't afford to spend anymore money, especially for just 1 game. Thanx

chele519

It means it'll lag and the image will appear choppy. If you get a PC you can get more for oyur money. :P