CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?! VGA is OK, but I can't get the audio connected!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Matmoo_Wii60
Member since 2006 • 361 Posts

I bought home the Xbox 360 VGA cables and found that the sound input didn't have anywhere to go on the connections on the TV. The two audio cables look like component cables, but the thing is, the VGA and component connections are read seperately, so I either get the sound or the graphics!!!!

There is only a PC audio input, which looks a bit like a headphone jack.

I have the VGA bit, and the VGA audio next to it, and under I have every other connection under the sun (well, maybe not, but HDMI, DVI, 2 SCARTS, Component, etc etc.).

If anyone else is using the VGA cables for their 360 then could you please please please tell me what to do! How do you get your audio! Note: I haven't got surround sound, I use wireless headphones with surround.

Help is much appreciated! 

creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts

The VGA cable has 2 sound options, good old analog red/white RCA's, which all TV's should have an input for, or the optical out for Digital surround sound which would be fed to a dd5.1 decoder or receiver.

You should be able to change the input selection on the TV so the VGA jack takes sound from the analog RCA jacks.

jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts

I bought home the Xbox 360 VGA cables and found that the sound input didn't have anywhere to go on the connections on the TV. The two audio cables look like component cables, but the thing is, the VGA and component connections are read seperately, so I either get the sound or the graphics!!!!

There is only a PC audio input, which looks a bit like a headphone jack.

I have the VGA bit, and the VGA audio next to it, and under I have every other connection under the sun (well, maybe not, but HDMI, DVI, 2 SCARTS, Component, etc etc.).

If anyone else is using the VGA cables for their 360 then could you please please please tell me what to do! How do you get your audio! Note: I haven't got surround sound, I use wireless headphones with surround.

Help is much appreciated! 

Matmoo_Wii60
Without a source for the Audio to go...like a receiver...Im not certain as to what you could do..are you sure there are no audio ports affiliated with that input?....And why not use the component cables that come with the 360?
Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Matmoo_Wii60

I was using the component cables to begin with, but with my TV, an analogue signal causes pixel bleeding, which the VGA has rectified.

Oh and I can't mix inputs, I have to take visuals and audio from same source! :'(

jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jwat4

I was using the component cables to begin with, but with my TV, an analogue signal causes pixel bleeding, which the VGA has rectified.

Oh and I can't mix inputs, I have to take visuals and audio from same source! :'(

Matmoo_Wii60
Hmm...well I guess you going to need something you can input the audio into...like a reciever or another device...basically you need something with Audio Inputs...and I guess a Headphone jack for your head phones...otherwise your well screwed...
Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Matmoo_Wii60
Guess it'll be back to component until I can afford that monster surround sound system I was looking at...
dmanrevived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dmanrevived
Member since 2004 • 1595 Posts
Try to find an adaptor that converts the red and white to the 1/8" audio input. I have one that does the exact opposite conversion for my iPod to my stereo.
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jwat4
Try to find an adaptor that converts the red and white to the 1/8" audio input. I have one that does the exact opposite conversion for my iPod to my stereo.dmanrevived
Okay like he said you need something like this...Link But instead of the stereo head on the single cable you need a plug that allows you to plug in headphones....
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 cspiffo
Member since 2005 • 2841 Posts

[QUOTE="dmanrevived"]Try to find an adaptor that converts the red and white to the 1/8" audio input. I have one that does the exact opposite conversion for my iPod to my stereo.jwat4
Okay like he said you need something like this...Link But instead of the stereo head on the single cable you need a plug that allows you to plug in headphones....

That's not what he needs! he needs this.

http://www.eyespyvideo.com/accessories/rca-mini.htm

Samsungs use a 3.5mm minijack for VGA audio.

samsung panel

This may not be exactly like your tv but it should be very close (It's from a Samsung TV).  I labeled the input as a headphone jack.  While it's looks the same as a headphone jack it is actually a 3.5mm miniplug audio input.

ILIKEF250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ILIKEF250
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts
there should of been an adapter with the vga cable to switch the red/white audio to the pc audio jack
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cspiffo
there should of been an adapter with the vga cable to switch the red/white audio to the pc audio jackILIKEF250
Mine came with one! If you buy the original 360 vga cable you get all the adapters that you need!
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jwat4

[QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="dmanrevived"]Try to find an adaptor that converts the red and white to the 1/8" audio input. I have one that does the exact opposite conversion for my iPod to my stereo.cspiffo

samsung panel

This may not be exactly like your tv but it should be very close (It's from a Samsung TV). I labeled the input as a headphone jack. While it's looks the same as a headphone jack it is actually a 3.5mm miniplug audio input.

I said something like what I linked too....its the same thing without a Headphone jack....the problem is he still wont be able to listen on his headphones... I dont think....I mean how is that going to help with his wireless headphones? I still dont know what the real solution is...of course what you presented looks more like the product I was trying to find....
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cspiffo
[QUOTE="cspiffo"]

[QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="dmanrevived"]Try to find an adaptor that converts the red and white to the 1/8" audio input. I have one that does the exact opposite conversion for my iPod to my stereo.jwat4

samsung panel

This may not be exactly like your tv but it should be very close (It's from a Samsung TV). I labeled the input as a headphone jack. While it's looks the same as a headphone jack it is actually a 3.5mm miniplug audio input.

I said something like what I linked too....its the same thing without a Headphone jack....the problem is he still wont be able to listen on his headphones... I dont think....I mean how is that going to help with his wireless headphones? I still dont know what the real solution is...of course what you presented looks more like the product I was trying to find....

His TV has a headphone jack to plug his headphones into his TV.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="ILIKEF250"]there should of been an adapter with the vga cable to switch the red/white audio to the pc audio jackcspiffo
Mine came with one! If you buy the original 360 vga cable you get all the adapters that you need!

Yeah man, either use that or a simple RCA to headphone Y-cord from radioshack... should run you about $5.