Can my PC run this graphic card?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

herzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 0

#1 herzalot
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts

I am talking about a GV-R577UD-1GD Gigabyte graphic card. first, I want to know is it any good? for example, in which graphical settings can I run Arcania: Gothic 4 with it?

Second, I want to know if my current PC can handle it or not. this is my spec:

CPU: Intel (R) Core (TM) Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93 GHZ

Motherboard: P5KPL/EPU by ASUSTEK Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31

Ram: 2 GB DDR2

My current graphic card: Geforce 9400 GT 1 GB

I am a bit of an amateur in this matter, so If there are any other specs that I need to list, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
Need to know what your Power supply is.. Manufacture, wattage, model, etc.. We then could help you.
herzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 herzalot
Thanks, but can you be more specific? how can I find them? I have CPU-Z. Is it helpful?
--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts

Look inside your pc, there will be a label on the PSU with it's specs.

herzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 herzalot

--Anna--
Unfortunately , I can't open up my case if that's what you meant. because I lose my PC's guarantee. ( I do it, but only when it's very necessary. ) But if there is absolutely no way to know if my PC can run this VGA without opening it's case, can anyone answer about the first part of the question? about the quality of the video-card? and also, how much it's better than my current VGA?
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
[QUOTE="--Anna--"]

herzalot
Unfortunately , I can't open up my case if that's what you meant. because I lose my PC's guarantee. ( I do it, but only when it's very necessary. ) But if there is absolutely no way to know if my PC can run this VGA without opening it's case, can anyone answer about the first part of the question? about the quality of the video-card? and also, how much it's better than my current VGA?

Look up your computer, you should be able to find the PSU.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c9b4fe90f2f5
deactivated-5c9b4fe90f2f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5c9b4fe90f2f5
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

well if you want a the video card you're going to have to open the case to install it anyways so yeah and its a lot better then your current 9400GT.

herzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 herzalot
I don't have the graphic card yet. I only wanted to make sure I should sell it or use it if I get my hands on it someday. Now that knowing it is not possible without opening the case, I guess I have to wait and see what happens. Thanks everyone.
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
[QUOTE="herzalot"]I don't have the graphic card yet. I only wanted to make sure I should sell it or use it if I get my hands on it someday. Now that knowing it is not possible without opening the case, I guess I have to wait and see what happens. Thanks everyone.

Did you buy a prebuilt computer? If so look up the model and it will tell you your psu.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

There's no way they can tell if you opened your pc or not...

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

[QUOTE="--Anna--"]

herzalot

Well even if you did it once then the warrenty is already voided. So you may as well open 'er up and tell us what PSU you have.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

There's no way they can tell if you opened your pc or not...

zaku101
Yes there is. Its a small sticker that they normally stick on the backs or bottoms of the sliding panels. If you move it it leaves big VOID bits on your computer. So unless you can get yourself another one of those stickers, then your warranty is voided.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
[QUOTE="--Anna--"]

herzalot

How do you plan on getting a new graphics card inside your PC?
KyleGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 KyleGates
Member since 2002 • 2997 Posts
...Something more seems to have been going on here then meets the eye. Cant open..but getting a new Vid Card? Seems way odd. Cant tell us if its a pre-built and what it is either? ...its all twilight zone in this thread.
herzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 herzalot

@Brean24: No, my PC is not pre-built.

I won this graphic card in a competition. I am not planning to buy it. and also I haven't received it yet and as I said, I am not 100% if I get hold it of it or not. If I get it, I go to the nearest computer store and they see if my PC can handle it or not. that wouldn't be a problem, but now that I don't have the graphic card and I have doubts about if they send it to me or not, it's logical not to break my warranty and see what happens.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
@Brean24: No, my PC is not pre-built. I won this graphic card in a competition. I am not planning to buy it. and also I haven't received it yet and as I said, I am not 100% if I get hold it of it or not. If I get it, I go to the nearest computer store and they see if my PC can handle it or not. that wouldn't be a problem, but now that I don't have the graphic card, it's logical not to break my warranty and see what happens. herzalot
How old is the PC?
freakshowfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 freakshowfreak
Member since 2003 • 298 Posts

I won this graphic card in a competition. I am not planning to buy it. and also I haven't received it yet and as I said, I am not 100% if I get hold it of it or not. If I get it, I go to the nearest computer store and they see if my PC can handle it or not. that wouldn't be a problem, but now that I don't have the graphic card and I have doubts about if they send it to me or not, it's logical not to break my warranty and see what happens.

herzalot

well would be an okay upgrade for a gf9400 just open your case when you get the card and if you have bad luck you only need to get another power suply.............

herzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 herzalot

[QUOTE="herzalot"] How old is the PC?C_Rule
Well, I already have the specs posted. But if you meant when did I buy it, I have to say it was 8 months ago.

[QUOTE="herzalot"]

freakshowfreak

well would be an okay upgrade for a gf9400 just open your case when you get the card and if you have bad luck you only need to get another power suply.............

Seriously? I mean, even in the worst condition, only I need to change my power supply and nothing else?

covertgamer78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 covertgamer78
Member since 2005 • 1032 Posts
It's not prebuilt and you void the warranty by opening it? Did a computer shop put it together for you? If you built it yourself, there is no warranty to void by opening the case. As long as your have a PCI-e slot, your PC can run it fine. Your PSU has to be able to supply enough amps to power the card. If it can't supply the card, the card will not turn on or shut down when gaming. You don't want either because that will damage the card. You have to open the case to install the card, there is no way around that. When you get the card, open the case and look at the sticker on the PSU and you will know if you have enough juice for it.
herzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 herzalot

It's not prebuilt and you void the warranty by opening it? Did a computer shop put it together for you? If you built it yourself, there is no warranty to void by opening the case. As long as your have a PCI-e slot, your PC can run it fine. Your PSU has to be able to supply enough amps to power the card. If it can't supply the card, the card will not turn on or shut down when gaming. You don't want either because that will damage the card. You have to open the case to install the card, there is no way around that. When you get the card, open the case and look at the sticker on the PSU and you will know if you have enough juice for it.covertgamer78

Exactly, a computer shop put it together for me. I am a bit inexperienced to build my own PC. ( yet )

BTW, the question I asked in my last post is really important. Even if I open up my case and see my PSU doesn't have enough amps to power the card, I can solve the problem by simply replacing my power supply with another one without changing any of the hardwares?

freakshowfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freakshowfreak
Member since 2003 • 298 Posts

yes your motherboard has a pcie slot for it so that's no problem.....

just wait for the card and take a look it worth it when you get it.

but so you know on each part of your pc you should have warenty anyway. the sticker can't take that away ;)......

but you could always let the shop you bought it put it in to ensure you you keep your warenty..

herzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 herzalot

yes your motherboard has a pcie slot for it so that's no problem.....

just wait for the card and take a look it worth it when you get it.

but so you know on each part of your pc you should have warenty anyway. the sticker can't take that away ;)......

but you could always let the shop you bought it put it in to ensure you you keep your warenty..

freakshowfreak
Well, that's good. I don't mind changing my power supply to get advantage of a better graphic card. Thanks for the tips.
gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts

[QUOTE="herzalot"][QUOTE="--Anna--"]

C_Rule

How do you plan on getting a new graphics card inside your PC?

That's what I was thinking.