Can I run Arkham Knight?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

I have asked some other people and they said I can run it, but I want to get some more opinions since I don't want to spend $60 and be out a game. My specs are

Core i5-3230m @ 2.67 GHz

RAM 8GB (7.89GB usable)

Nvidia geforce GTX 660M with 2GB

Windows 8.1

Will this be able to run Arkham Knight? If it helps I can play Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 3 fine, but I can't play Far Cry 4 or Assassin's Creed Unity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

Your GPU is below the official system requirements, but those usually aren't completely accurate. Arkham Knight is still a UE3 game, so your computer would probably still handle it on the lowest settings. But that is just a guess, you should probably wait till it comes out and see if anyone with a comparable computer can play it.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#3  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Your PC can run the game most certainly at resolutions below 1080p, I'd say 720p would give you the optimum experience with the game although 900p will be fine as well with some settings toned down, at 1080p though I can see the game struggling mostly from CPU bottleneck, but you can always pirate the game and see if it runs on your PC, if it can the great, delete the file and go buy the game, if not then forget about the game until you have specs that delivers the experience you want.

And also how is it possible you can't tun Far Cry 4? your PC should be able to handle it (even a GTX750ti can run far cry 4), your rig should also be able to run Assassins Creed Unity (even though the game is a shit fest when it comes to optimization), try lowering the settings, especially resolution and AA levels as though take quite a tole on your GPU.

Oh wait GTX660M, you are running it on a laptop, then that changes a lot, a GTX660m will have a very difficult time running any current gen game, unless you lower the settings to the absolute lowest of settings I don't think your rig will be able to handle Arkham Knight as a playable.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

So I should just buy it on PS4 then? If I was to put the game on the lowest settings I am guessing it wouldn't be very fun or look good right?