can i get nView on vista?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chronogamer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chronogamer27
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

my friend on xp has a cool program called nView, which helps a lot when you have two monitors. i'm on vista, and i cant find where to download this program for vista.

anyone know where i can get it? when i searched nvidia's website it pretty much sent me here, but when i try to install, it says i'm not running windows and wont install.

dieasgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 dieasgrey
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts

Its built in to Forceware..which you should have if you have an Nvida card.

You went to the Quatro XP/2000 driver. Pay more attention before you download stuff dawg.

dieasgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dieasgrey
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_169.25_whql.html
chronogamer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chronogamer27

i've been downloading all the latest drivers for a while now "dawg", nothing has come with nView or anything like it.

reason i tryed those quatro drivers is because those were the only drivers on site that had nView listed in it's description

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
It's integrated into the display driver, but you have to enable both monitors to get the nView functionality. nView is pretty much not used/worthless with a single monitor.
dieasgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dieasgrey

Wow. just trying to help. Thought the big XP/2000 on that page would have given it away that it wasn't for Vista. Just would hate for you to screw something up by downloading bad drivers.

nView Multi-Display Technology

NVIDIA® nView™ multi-display software--bundled free with NVIDIA® ForceWare™ desktop, workstation, mobile, platform, and multimedia software solutions--provides you with a revolutionary way to multi-task and process information easier

Reading usually helps.

chronogamer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chronogamer27

It's integrated into the display driver, but you have to enable both monitors to get the nView functionality. nView is pretty much not used/worthless with a single monitor.codezer0

i have dual monitors though, and its nowhere on my computer

ch5richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ch5richards
Member since 2005 • 2912 Posts

[QUOTE="codezer0"]It's integrated into the display driver, but you have to enable both monitors to get the nView functionality. nView is pretty much not used/worthless with a single monitor.chronogamer27

i have dual monitors though, and its nowhere on my computer

I don't fully understand, are both monitors working and you just want this program, or can you not get the second monitor to work?

If your second monitor is not working you need to go into the Nvidia control panel and "set up multiple displays"

Fists1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fists1
Member since 2006 • 980 Posts
just right click your desktop and if you have an nVidia card (which your sig leads me to believe you are) then "nVidia control panel" will be an option, choose it then on the pane to the left of the window "setup multiple displays" I think you see where I'm going, if that doesnt work your card is a little to custom or something and doesnt use normal drivers
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts
Perhaps it would help if we knew just what video card you're using.
Spybot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Spybot_9
Member since 2008 • 2592 Posts
Perhaps it would help if we knew just what video card you're using.HuusAsking
His sig says 8800GT......
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts
[QUOTE="HuusAsking"]Perhaps it would help if we knew just what video card you're using.Spybot_9
His sig says 8800GT......

I have NoScript installed, so I can't see signatures. But that should be more than sufficient. I had Dual View working on an 8400GS (and I'm currently running it on 64-bit Vista on a 9800GTX).
Spybot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Spybot_9
Member since 2008 • 2592 Posts
No script is an annoyance to be honest.I also have it installed but only use it when going to some unusual site.
chronogamer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chronogamer27

just right click your desktop and if you have an nVidia card (which your sig leads me to believe you are) then "nVidia control panel" will be an option, choose it then on the pane to the left of the window "setup multiple displays" I think you see where I'm going, if that doesnt work your card is a little to custom or something and doesnt use normal driversFists1

that works, and it has always worked. is that nView? my friend (who has a 7600 and is on XP) has a much broader variety of settings than just setting it in single, clone, or dualview (which is all that it gives me). he can do stuff like set the desktops of each monitor, and other options like the little button in top right of windows to move stuff completely to other monitor.