This topic is locked from further discussion.

sammydageek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 sammydageek
Member since 2005 • 174 Posts

Okay, i am considering buying a Mac book pro, and i was wondering, if the Word that you can get for the OSX is compatible with Word 2003.

The reason i am asking is because the ICT centre at my school uses Word 2003 and could i transfer a file from my Mac and view in on the school system on Word 2003, as they use Windows with Word 2003

DON'T mention bootcamp as i know about it but will wait for  Leopard to come out then use bootcamp then with Vista.

Thankyou

sj420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 sj420
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

you might lose some formatting data, but you should at least be able to open the files without a problem.

sammydageek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sammydageek

All i would want to do is be able to print it. I will not need to edit it ?

is that possible

sj420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sj420

sry, i guess i wasn't clear.

you should be able to open the files within word03 for free editing, but you may lose some formatting data - fonts (if your pc doesn't have them), bulleting, indents, spacing, etc...

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

If no one on the boards here can answer you, try going here:

http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=190

It's Apple's discussion board for the Mac Book Pro. If you don't have a login to post on the boards, take a minute or two to set it up and post your problem there. Lots of Mac users there can probably answer your question.

sj420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sj420
if you want the safest bet, save in a standard txt format as well from the school/public computer (you're much less likely to lose info) and do the formatting at home before you're ready to print.
t3h_MarK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 t3h_MarK
Member since 2006 • 363 Posts

DON'T mention bootcamp as i know about it but will wait for  Leopard to come out then use bootcamp then with Vista.

sammydageek

Why would you want to virtualize when you can uninstall  the pre-installed OSX, make an partition half your drive for OSX, and another for whatever like Vista or some Linux. OS-Level virtualization is slow and gay better to go native

talanto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 talanto
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts
You can open the file and you can print also. (I test it with my wifes MAC since I saw your topic) 1000%sure.
sammydageek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sammydageek
ok so i can do that. One more Q. If your wrote a draft of something using the Beta 2 of Office 2007, will you be able to open it and print it using the retail copy of Office 2007 on a PC ( not a MAC)