Call of Duty World at War 50% off on Steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

Is it worth the buy for $24.99?

I'm looking for a new FPS, I don't care too much about the single player but am looking for a good multi player style FPS that is semi realistic (not like TF2) and don't say go get counter strike because I hate that game.

I liked COD2 on the 360...... is world at war a decent multi player game? Is the multi player community strong?

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
same question here, is it worth it? i already have cod4 on my ps3.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
It's probably worth it for $25. The maps on multiplayer are much better than CoD4 and there's also nazi zombies, which can fill your hours. The singleplayer isn't as exciting as CoD4.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Hmmm... good question. All I've really played of it is Nazi Zombies, which I enjoyed greatly, but I'm not sure if the whole package is worth $25.

Anthony01355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Anthony01355
Member since 2006 • 1486 Posts

If it was CoD4 I might buy it.

The deal is worth it I'd imagine, safer and quicker than buying it for a similar price used on eBay or Amazon.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

This sale has been done before :lol:

Vaultn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vaultn00b
Member since 2009 • 281 Posts

I don't recommend it unless you're in desperate need for an online FPS.

The singleplayer campaign is a bloody joke... You play as two mute characters who constantly gets ordered around without complaining ( Killzone 2 *cough* but at least Sev had a voice... ) The levels are repetitive with no depth or twists ( except a few deaths here and there, but who cares if someone dies? I never felt connection to any of the characters. ) All you do is shoot, dodge a grenade, die, retry, shoot. Now that wouldn't be too bad if the shooting was good. All the weapons are boring and ugly, the sound is unrealistic and tortures your ears everytime you fire. There's no variation whatsoever. Oh, and now the biggest reason why I couldn't enjoy the game: Respawning enemies. You have to suicude rush at the same time you're fighting or the evil japs/nazis will overrun you.

The multiplayer is exactly like CoD 4, but with boring weapons and annoying maps.

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts

Yeah I played a demo and the single player was EXACTLY LIKE COD4 just crappier guns. 25 bucks for a refresh on cod4, with ZOMBIES i would definitely go for it. In fact, I might......

simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

The singleplayer campaign is a bloody joke... You play as two mute characters who constantly gets ordered around without complaining ( Killzone 2 *cough* but at least Sev had a voice... ) The levels are repetitive with no depth or twists ( except a few deaths here and there, but who cares if someone dies? I never felt connection to any of the characters. ) All you do is shoot, dodge a grenade, die, retry, shoot. Now that wouldn't be too bad if the shooting was good. All the weapons are boring and ugly, the sound is unrealistic and tortures your ears everytime you fire. There's no variation whatsoever. Oh, and now the biggest reason why I couldn't enjoy the game: Respawning enemies. You have to suicude rush at the same time you're fighting or the evil japs/nazis will overrun you.

The multiplayer is exactly like CoD 4, but with boring weapons and annoying maps.

Vaultn00b

stop trolling IW fanboy.

The weapons are awesome (if you like WW2), the campaign is action-packed and the sounds are sweet. You don't know what your talking about

Vaultn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vaultn00b

[QUOTE="Vaultn00b"]

simardbrad

stop trolling IW fanboy.

The weapons are awesome (if you like WW2), the campaign is action-packed and the sounds are sweet. You don't know what your talking about

I'm not a bloody IW fanboy. I just find CoD 4 far better than CoD 5. Feeling offended by my opinion?

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

simardbrad

Yeah, I really enjoyed the weapons from my time with the game, more so than what I've played of CoD4.

I haven't really spent more than a few hours with either, but I do tend to like the older weapons in games.

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts

[QUOTE="simardbrad"]

[QUOTE="Vaultn00b"]

Vaultn00b

stop trolling IW fanboy.

I'm not a bloody IW fanboy. I just find CoD 4 far better than CoD 5. Feeling offended by my opinion?

You dont have to go all **** over it.
ANewGoldenAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 ANewGoldenAge
Member since 2009 • 247 Posts

[QUOTE="simardbrad"]

[QUOTE="Vaultn00b"]

Vaultn00b

stop trolling IW fanboy.

I hope you know that in CoD4 you play as two mute characters. On topic, if you like CoD 4 then yes, get it. Unless you hate little kids, because Nazi Zombies is full of 'em.
Vaultn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vaultn00b

[QUOTE="Vaultn00b"]

[QUOTE="simardbrad"]

stop trolling IW fanboy.

ANewGoldenAge

I hope you know that in CoD4 you play as two mute characters. On topic, if you like CoD 4 then yes, get it. Unless you hate little kids, because Nazi Zombies is full of 'em.

I am aware that the playable characters in CoD 4 were mute too. Actually I'm not a big fan of CoD 4 either but at least I had some fun while playing it, which I didn't in CoD: WaW.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
I'll pass, already own on the 360 and it feels vastly inferior to 4 and I love WW2 games.
Sonir77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sonir77
Member since 2006 • 1846 Posts

how big is the download?

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

9920 mb in my local files. I bought it last time it was on sale for 25$ and I was happy with the purchase. Haven't played it all that much but it seemed pretty fun. Beat the single player which was satisfying and the small bit of multiplayer I tried was fun.