Call of Duty 8 - Is this article real or fake?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

grndyfn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1 grndyfn19
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts

I just stumbled upon this articlehttp://www.rawcritics.com/alternate_reality/call-duty-8-announced-treyarch-overshadowed-again, but I haven't found a single other website mentioning this. I was wondering if it was legit or not.

Corvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Corvan
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts

I heard some rumors as well about the next one in the series. Possible? well the fact that the series has grossed a collective billion dollars sense the first call of duty i do not doubt we will have another call of duty in the next few years.

TruSake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 TruSake
Member since 2005 • 500 Posts

who cares, tired of these shooters anyways, in the end it's all the same goal

grndyfn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 grndyfn19

Well I'm not doubting that there's going to be a Call of Duty 8, I'm just wondering if this article is credible because it says CoD 8 will be set in the future.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Well I'm not doubting that there's going to be a Call of Duty 8, I'm just wondering if this article is credible because it says CoD 8 will be set in the future.

grndyfn19
well they have done the past, the present, so I guess it is now time for the future. Though a majority of rumors that were circulating was that it would be set in Vietnam. We could use a good Vietnam war game.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

Nano Warfare? Come oon, this reminds so much of Call of Duty 6 prehistoric Warfare...

VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 VVatson
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

I have no source, but I remember reading somewhere that the next CoD was in fact Vietnam as someone already mentioned.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 millerlight89

Nano Warfare? Come oon, this reminds so much of Call of Duty 6 prehistoric Warfare...

Crimsader
Prehistoric warfare LOL. That would be some crazy stuff. Riding on Dinosaurs instead of tanks and other vehicles. Throwing rocks at tangos, good stuff LOL.
grndyfn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 grndyfn19

CoD 7 will be Vietnam. That's being made by Treyarch. I'm talking about CoD 8, which will be made by Infinity Ward. I'm just wondering if it really is going to be set in the future or not. I think that would be interesting.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
[QUOTE="Crimsader"]

millerlight89
Prehistoric warfare LOL. That would be some crazy stuff. Riding on Dinosaurs instead of tanks and other vehicles. Throwing rocks at tangos, good stuff LOL.

Naah, it was supposted to be cavemen fight. It was posted on April the 1st last year I think :D
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

who cares, tired of these shooters anyways, in the end it's all the same goal

TruSake
umm...don't all games in the end have the same goal? It's about having fun for a while...
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#13 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Look at the date it dates back to May last year!!
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

Real or fraudulent, MW2 may be the last Call of Duty game I will buy. The formula really needs to innovate.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
I vote for no because treyarch is working already in a vietnam cod!
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

Submitted by Ben on Thu, 05/14/2009 - 11:38pm hmm?

gosmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gosmo
Member since 2005 • 289 Posts

I have read many articles stating IW is done with the cod series and a third party will be working on their share. It is absolutely rediculous to believe that article.

Source:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97305-Infinity-Ward-Not-Making-Modern-Warfare-3

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dakan45

I have read many articles stating IW is done with the cod series and a third party will be working on their share. It is absolutely rediculous to believe that article.

Source:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97305-Infinity-Ward-Not-Making-Modern-Warfare-3

gosmo

I hope thats a lie but that rumor has taken alot of attention.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 millerlight89

gosmo

That would be good imo. IW needs to branch out and use their skill in other games.

grndyfn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 grndyfn19

I vote for no because treyarch is working already in a vietnam cod!dakan45

We realize that, I've stated that already. CoD 7 (which is being worked on by Treyarch) is pretty much already confirmed to be set in the Vietnam/Cold War era. The point of this thread is to discuss CoD 8. I found that article in the original post and got excited about it, thinking it was cool that Infinity Ward would be making a future-style Call of Duty. However, I couldn't find any other source on the internet stating the same thing, so now I'm starting to believe it's not real. The other rumor seems more realistic, about IW taking a break and working on a new IP possibly.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]I vote for no because treyarch is working already in a vietnam cod!grndyfn19

We realize that, I've stated that already. CoD 7 (which is being worked on by Treyarch) is pretty much already confirmed to be set in the Vietnam/Cold War era. The point of this thread is to discuss CoD 8. I found that article in the original post and got excited about it, thinking it was cool that Infinity Ward would be making a future-style Call of Duty. However, I couldn't find any other source on the internet stating the same thing, so now I'm starting to believe it's not real. The other rumor seems more realistic, about IW taking a break and working on a new IP possibly.

Who knows, perhaps that new company makes MW3 and IW makes a new ip which will be the futuristic warfare.