This topic is locked from further discussion.

jedi322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jedi322
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

ok can someone tell me what the difference is between a dvi to dvi cable and a dvi to hdmi cable.

jedi322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jedi322
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

is there a difference in quality or r they the same

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

DVI to DVI can ONLY transfer picture and not sound. Also DVI to HDMI can only transfer picture and not sound. I believe DVI to HDMI has better picture becasue you are able to get 1080p. Either way you can really go wrong. Picture quality will depend on brand, how it is made, the quality of the cable. Since it is not like HDMI to HDMI which is a signal, which means either you get the best quality or you get no picture, the quality of the cable does matter. I was in the same situation as you are when i was try to get my PS3 in high def. I had a choice of getting DVI to HDMi cable ( Hdmi to PS3, DVI to TV) but then i decided to get HDMI to HDMI becasue you can buy a cheap cable and get the same quality as a $100 and then just get and DVI adapter which was another $5. I get the sound by using the sound cables givin with my PS3. The way i thought of it was doing the way i did it was cheaper than getting one cable plus when i do get a new TV then i can take out the DVI adapter and use the HDMI cable.

Hope this helps.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts

but then i decided to get HDMI to HDMI becasue you can buy a cheap cable and get the same quality as a $100 and then just get and DVI adapter which was another $5.

ASRCSR

You don't have to buy an expensive cable for DVI both are digital cables

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

You don't have to buy an expensive cable for DVI both are digital cables

Thanks for the info. I always thought DVI was not digital. Well i guess i learned something today.