buying this computer, is it good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snoopeymaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 snoopeymaster
Member since 2007 • 1081 Posts

ok so my computer is horrible.

im going to buy this computer. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227017

then im going to buy this and add it to my computer http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102006

well this be a good computer? i eman well it run supreme commander, crisys, oblivian and other high performance games??

i really need a good computer, if this is not one, plz send a link to a good computer from newegg only(because other places scam you and sell you the same thing for more money) or other places that sell good computer between 1500-2500!

or if i should buy something and add it to this computer send a link of that too, thanks!

Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts
Stay away from iBuypower. Or any prebuilt for that matter.
snoopeymaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 snoopeymaster

lol i ahve no idea what that is, ima noob in computer so what is that??

also is it in my computer? and why?

ya i dont know anything about computers haha just play with them!

skinnypete91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 skinnypete91
Member since 2006 • 6022 Posts
Build you own PC basically...
snoopeymaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 snoopeymaster
lol build my own pc?? lmao im only 13 i dont know anyhting about computers, just tell me about the things i asked
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts
seems like a decent PC. Find out what model motherboard it comes with.
skinnypete91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skinnypete91
Member since 2006 • 6022 Posts
I would... just can't be bothered.. sorry
jjarvis321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jjarvis321
Member since 2004 • 398 Posts
Im only 17 and i have built more than 12 computers in my life. Its easier than you think. Just buy the parts, and put them together. But i understand your inexperienced and have no idea. That computer you are talking about is decant. BUT if i were you i would go to www.alienware.com and select a gaming computer pre built for you. The prices are reasonable so it should be okay.
snoopeymaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 snoopeymaster
everyone says alienware sucks, i tried falcon northwest and i made the same computer but it was 3k so i was like wtf, and then i went to newegg and i saw this computer and it was the SAMe as the falcon north west but 1500 less!
jjarvis321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 jjarvis321
Member since 2004 • 398 Posts
No i have 2 alienware's in my home. They are excellent Gaming pc's. Also DELL XPS pc's are good too. Dell have excellent customer service so its a good plus.
snoopeymaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 snoopeymaster

well can you send me a link of a alienware pc?? thats between 1500-2500 and can run the following games, crisys, oblivian, supreme commander and other high performance games

everyone else is alienware really good?

kmusky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kmusky
Member since 2004 • 927 Posts

Alienware makes good PCs, but they are overpriced. I do recommend you build your own. I was just as noobish as you when I built my first PC, and it was WAY easier than I thought.

If you are that scared, I recommend looking at a barebones kit, especially a SFF barebones. Shuttle makes very good barebones. They may be limited with expansion slots and power supplies, but they are a great way to get your feet wet.

snoopeymaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 snoopeymaster

what?...

ok well where can i get these things your talking about?

i mean do they tell you step by step waht to do??

where should i get my equipment??

also i dont know ANYTHING about pc hardware so how would i know what i need and what is good? it seems so hard....

kmusky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kmusky
Member since 2004 • 927 Posts

if you are an american, Newegg is the way to go.

As for your other questions, I can't say anything other than "do your research". There are some excellent building guides out there on the net, but the URLs excape me at the moment. I know that PC Gamer puts out a building guide every year, andI think this year's may still be on the magazine shelf.

snoopeymaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 snoopeymaster

lol i did, and NO WAY am i goign to build my own computer lol, its sooo complicated and i dont have the patients to research all the stuff.

just suggest to me if the computer im choosing is good, if not suggest another newegg computer plz!!!

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

The hardest part about building a computer is usually putting the OS on and all the stuff from your old computer on to your new one. Best thing to do would be to put XP on one HDD and vista on the other HDD. Thats what im doing. So for DX10 gamesill load up my vista and for non DX10 games ill load up my XP.

snoopeymaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 snoopeymaster
i have no idea what u just talked about, as i said before im a noob, just send me a link to a good computer if mine isnt
Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hot_Potato

lol build my own pc?? lmao im only 13 i dont know anyhting about computers, just tell me about the things i askedsnoopeymaster

I'm 15 and I built my computer, just look up a building guide like on the corsair memory site.

Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hot_Potato
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=5418772&WishListTitle=Snoops+Comp
sirpopsalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sirpopsalot
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts

i have no idea what u just talked about, as i said before im a noob, just send me a link to a good computer if mine isntsnoopeymaster

I was thierteen when i built my computer, Its not hard and is actually pretty fun. Ive also built a computer for my friend.

snoopeymaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 snoopeymaster

i dont know how i can make this more clear, i am not going to build my own computer!!!

done. quite telling me to.

if you dont have suggestions for better not overpriced computer then dont say anything!

crulend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 crulend
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I'm going to be dropping $6500 soon on a PC from Digital Storm (http://www.digitalstormonline.com/). They've received really good reviews from people who have dealt with them, on both the systems and their customer service.This system priced out at $2166:

Power Supply: 750W Thermaltake (SLI Compatible) (Silent Toughpower Edition)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.67GHz (1066MHz Front Side Bus) (4MB Cache)
Motherboard: nVidia 680i LT Core 2 Quad (By: eVGA) (nForce 680i SLI)
Memory: 2GB DDR2 Corsair at 667MHz (Dual Channel)
Floppy / Media: Sony 1.44MB Floppy (Black Edition)
Hard Drive 1: 250GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Hard Drive 2: - No Thanks
Raid Option: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-ROM/CD-ROM (DVD Reader 16x / CD Reader 40x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Network Card: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Modem: - No Thanks
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB (By: eVGA) (PCI-Express)
TV Tuner: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Motherboard Multi-Channel High Definition Audio (7.1 Channel)
Physics Card: - No Thanks
Cooling: Air Cooled Stage 2 (Silent Artic Cooling Heat-sink (Copper Heatpipes)
Case Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Blue Edition) (Cold Cathode Tubes)
Round Cables: Enhanced Interior Air Flow (Optical Drive & Floppy Cables (Black Edition)
User Manual: Personalized Platinum Digital Storm Binder (Includes Paperwork/Benchmarks/CDs/Manuals)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
LCD Display: Samsung 20.1 inch (Widescreen) (206BW) (Contrast 700:1) (6 ms/Digital DVI) (Black)
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: Microsoft Multimedia Desktop 2.0 (Multimedia Keyboard + Optical Wheel Mouse)
Mouse: - No Thanks my keyboard comes with a mouse
Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty
Support: Lifetime Toll-Free Platinum Care Technical Support

LouieV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#24 LouieV13
Member since 2005 • 7604 Posts

[QUOTE="snoopeymaster"]lol build my own pc?? lmao im only 13 i dont know anyhting about computers, just tell me about the things i askedHot_Potato

I'm 15 and I built my computer, just look up a building guide like on the corsair memory site.

Me too im 15 I just built mine and just upgraded it with HD2900XT CrossFire. In other words, god like.
jaminnbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jaminnbn
Member since 2006 • 299 Posts

i dont know how i can make this more clear, i am not going to build my own computer!!!

done. quite telling me to.

if you dont have suggestions for better not overpriced computer then dont say anything!

snoopeymaster

lol just do it... ok dude? its sooo easy, and seriously if you don't have the patience to look at how to plug piece a into slot a and piece b into slot b, then i don't really think you should be spending several grand on a gaming pc simply because of a lack of understanding...

plus i'm 16 and i self taught myself to build pc's i mean you'd almost have to try to mess up in order for it to not work...

lastly... you save sooooooo much $$ and that way you get top of the line parts and only the parts you need... plus its useful knowlege... i guess...

profanityVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 profanityVP
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts

why are the advices only either build your own or go to alienware???

i dont know about america, but in australia there are many independant computer retailers, who build custom computers for you from the parts u want,,

so my advice is get someone to draw up a list of components u want ie psu, cpu, mobo and gpu, and then take that to the shop and they will order the parts, build it for you ,, it generally still is alot cheaper then alienware..

or else u could order a few parts from newegg, eg get a 8800gts, , get the power suply unit,and then take that to the independent retailer, and buy the rest off them,, that way u save some money by using newegg, and also since ur buying the cpu or mobo and case etc,, they will build it for you...

hope that helps.

profanityVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 profanityVP
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts

hey snoopeymaster,

here is a list of compenents on my current pc, which will run the games u asked for, eg crysis , oblivion, and supcom.

the motherboard is gigabyte 965p ds3, the processor is e6600 core2 duo, the ram is 2gigs of corsair xms2 ddr 800mhz, psu is coolermaster 550w, and graphics card is 8800gts, you will also need a dvd burner, or rom. keyboard and mouse as well as monitor, but seing as ur postin here, i guess u already have that..

option one is to take these parts to a computer shop and ask them to build it for you, and find out the price,, in my opinion the price shouldnt be more then 1.5 grand at max.

i know u said u dont feel confident on building it urself, but thats because u dont know whats involved,, bascically u get the pc tower and the motherboard fits in there,,, then its pretty straight forward, as everything will fit into place from there, the rams go in ram slot, gpu goes in the pci e slot, as it wont fit anywhere else,,, and cpu and heatsink will fit in that little spot ,, trust me u will udnerstand once u take a look inside,, but if u dont want to fine,, just go to a shop and spend 100 dolalrs for them to build it, no big deal really

Avatar image for icedfacekilla57
icedfacekilla57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 icedfacekilla57
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

Same here, i'm 15 and having pieces of my PC being sent from newegg here and there.

Basically what i would reccomend, since it can seem to be a little complex, Use IBuypower's system of putting stuff together.

Create a checklist for everything they use, as in what it is (memory, graphics, case etc) Then if you have no idea what to get, then google their parts on newegg, its the easiest thing to do.

The only thing that blows about PCs is that things are updated everyday and you never really are aware of releases.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
try dell or gateway FX system they are reasonable(price wise) but they are very expensive compared to if u build ur own
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts
GameSpot is so damn ignorant. Just answer his freaking question. Yes it's a great computer, ibuypower isn't as bad as people say, I've ordered from them before, and got an excellent rig. Now go buy your damn rig.
snoopeymaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 snoopeymaster

white snake thats exactly wat i needed lol.

profanity i well listen to you, but i dont think there are any shops that build computer but i will look. if there wasnt then i would have to buy this computer....

snoopeymaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 snoopeymaster

also wat i well be doind is dat wen i get dis i well be upgrading it!

i just dont have the patients to build my own computer but ill be trying to upgrade it by myself lol, dat should be easy?

also is there anyway to pay like $40 bucks a month like on alienware, i cant afford to pay all the $1.700 at onces!

LouieV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#33 LouieV13
Member since 2005 • 7604 Posts

also wat i well be doind is dat wen i get dis i well be upgrading it!

i just dont have the patients to build my own computer but ill be trying to upgrade it by myself lol, dat should be easy?

also is there anyway to pay like $40 bucks a month like on alienware, i cant afford to pay all the $1.700 at onces!

snoopeymaster
It took me 2 1/2 hours to build mine and a few more for software. To answer your Q just get an alienware or dell and do the monthly thing thats what my dad does.
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
try Gateway's FX system.it would be the same price and u get a nice moniter with the price, since u are buying an expensive pc