Buying steam keys with vpn on other sites and activate it on steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fuleki9518 (6 posts) -

I want to buy Final Fantasy XV but it's 50 euro in my country (Hungary) and I noticed that in the UK it's only 34.99 gbp (39-40 euro). Will it be okay if I buy the steam key on humble bundle using vpn (tunnelbear) turn off the vpn after I get the code and activate it in my steam account?

In advance thanks for the help.

#2 Posted by GTR12 (12965 posts) -

@fuleki9518: I do it all the time, check other steam stores, could be cheaper.

#3 Posted by Howmakewood (4968 posts) -

@GTR12 said:

using vpn to buy from steam is against steam's rules and can potentially get your whole account banned, safer to buy global keys from key sites

#4 Posted by GTR12 (12965 posts) -

@howmakewood said:
@GTR12 said:

using vpn to buy from steam is against steam's rules and can potentially get your whole account banned, safer to buy global keys from key sites

Uhh what?

What part of other steam store(s) is confusing? there's only 1 store, I clearly meant global keys like TC said.

#5 Edited by fuleki9518 (6 posts) -
@howmakewood said:
@GTR12 said:

I wouldn't use vpn on steam it wouldn't worth the risk. I would use it on a global key site to get the game cheaper after that I'll just activate it on steam with the key I bought.

Also @GTR12 thanks.

#6 Posted by rmpumper (150 posts) -

You can use VPN to buy games as long as the key is not region locked, that is, you can activate it on Steam without a VPN.

#7 Posted by czbsdabdzbdz (3 posts) -

NICE!!

#13 Posted by xantufrog (8674 posts) -

This has turned into a big sketchfest. Lightning rod for advertisement and questionable consumer practices. Locking down