Buying ArmA II off Direct Game Keys

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Poison_1vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Poison_1vy
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

Im thinking about getting ArmA II off of DGK because it is 17.99 vs 39.99 everywere else. If i buy the key do i have to use a torrent or can i put the key in steam or sprocket or something?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
This is exactly how I bought my ArmA II. I really had no choice, the game was stuck at its $50 price point a full year past its release (at least on DD services, the only way I purchase my games). But a few months after, ArmA 2 was on sale for $20 (or maybe less?). ArmA 2 is the biggest hassle to deal with if you have to get it through 'different' means, particularly because the game isn't popular among pirates due to its anti-piracy measures.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
I got the game this way too ;)
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
This is exactly how I bought my ArmA II. I really had no choice, the game was stuck at its $50 price point a full year past its release (at least on DD services, the only way I purchase my games). But a few months after, ArmA 2 was on sale for $20 (or maybe less?). ArmA 2 is the biggest hassle to deal with if you have to get it through 'different' means, particularly because the game isn't popular among pirates due to its anti-piracy measures. KHAndAnime
I wonder why most developers don't use FADE. Sounds funny and effective to use....
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]This is exactly how I bought my ArmA II. I really had no choice, the game was stuck at its $50 price point a full year past its release (at least on DD services, the only way I purchase my games). But a few months after, ArmA 2 was on sale for $20 (or maybe less?). ArmA 2 is the biggest hassle to deal with if you have to get it through 'different' means, particularly because the game isn't popular among pirates due to its anti-piracy measures. ShadowDeathX
I wonder why most developers don't use FADE. Sounds funny and effective to use....

It's been beaten, but it's still a hassle irregardless. FADE isn't even the problem if you purchase a CD Key, the problem is that it might take awhile to obtain.
yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yemen_headshot
Member since 2010 • 514 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]This is exactly how I bought my ArmA II. I really had no choice, the game was stuck at its $50 price point a full year past its release (at least on DD services, the only way I purchase my games). But a few months after, ArmA 2 was on sale for $20 (or maybe less?). ArmA 2 is the biggest hassle to deal with if you have to get it through 'different' means, particularly because the game isn't popular among pirates due to its anti-piracy measures. KHAndAnime

It's been beaten, but it's still a hassle irregardless. FADE isn't even the problem if you purchase a CD Key, the problem is that it might take awhile to obtain.

FADE ?
Poison_1vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Poison_1vy

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"] I wonder why most developers don't use FADE. Sounds funny and effective to use....yemen_headshot

FADE ?

IIRC It is there Anti Piracy software

yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yemen_headshot
Member since 2010 • 514 Posts

[QUOTE="yemen_headshot"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] It's been beaten, but it's still a hassle irregardless. FADE isn't even the problem if you purchase a CD Key, the problem is that it might take awhile to obtain. Poison_1vy

FADE ?

IIRC It is there Anti Piracy software

how does it work ?
K4ss3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 K4ss3r
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts

Im thinking about getting ArmA II off of DGK because it is 17.99 vs 39.99 everywere else. If i buy the key do i have to use a torrent or can i put the key in steam or sprocket or something?

Poison_1vy
If the site does not specifically list the game as a Steam game, EADM or some other download manager game, then yes, you'll likely have to download a torrent and get the game that way, then activate it when installing.
Esti3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Esti3
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts

You can get combined operations (Arma 2 and Arma OA) at $30 on amazon and $35 on steam.

Poison_1vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Poison_1vy

You can get combined operations (Arma 2 and Arma OA) at $30 on amazon and $35 on steam.

Esti3

i already have OA through sprocket but i might just do that so i can have Arma 2 and OA in steam