This topic is locked from further discussion.

livegamer09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 livegamer09
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

Hello guys/gals well here is my new build that im about to buy soon what do you guys think?

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=16695128

Avatar image for floridaskater05
floridaskater05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 floridaskater05
Member since 2005 • 1876 Posts

your link dont work

ravenguard90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ravenguard90
Member since 2005 • 3064 Posts

This is what he is trying to link to.

Everything looks good, but I would change the following:

CPU: I would recommend going for the C3 version of the 965, or the 125W version. It's the improved revision of the chip, and it has been proven to reach higher clocks due to more stability.

Motherboard: I would recommend going for the MSI NF750-G55, since you are getting an nVidia card. If along the line you would like to add additional performance, then the SLi capabilities of the motherboard would allow you to buy an additional GTX 260 to match yours.

Memory: Pretty good, but I'd prefer to use the G.Skill 4GB Eco series that's just been recently released. Exact same timings, but at a much lower voltage. Nothing wrong with saving a few dollars on the electricity bill :P

Case: If you don't mind losing the side window, the CM 690 (or even the CM 590) is a good alternative. It's cheaper for one, and it has a good amount of space for fans. You can add two 140mm fans on the top, another 120 mm on the side, and an 80mm on the other side of the case. All those fans = epic cooling :P

xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
Looks fine to me, obviously you could get the better GPU but if you on a budget then go for it. Also 2GB of RAM might be okay for right now but I would invest in atleast 4-6GB since games are taking up more and more memory.