Budget no name gaming chair? Worth the gamble?

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

https://jet.com/product/Giantex-Executive-Racing-Style-High-Back-Reclining-Chair-Gaming-Chair-Office-Com/345475d1ebf94bec8b2e79d063cfd80d

$120 after discount code

http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Gaming-Chair-High-back-Computer-Chair-Ergonomic-Design-Racing-Chair-RC1-/391634874113?hash=item5b2f41ef01:g:6zoAAOSwepJXcNHm

$100

Has anyone tried these knockoffs? They look very similar to the likes of dxracer sans the pattern, legs, and what-not. I don't expect it to be an exact copy anyway, but the price is far less and I was wondering had anyone tried these sub $200 chairs. I also see merax chairs for under $200 on amazon.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

per amazon it's a good chair but a few reviewers say watch out for the non adjusting armrest and it may not ne good for heavier/taller people.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Anything tagged with gaming will get an increased price bump, get yourself some good manager office chair and enjoy it - one with leather arms wrests.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

leather executive chairs are the best way to go imo

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

Gaming chairs are good but mostly a gimmick unless you pay top whack. Decent leather office chair is the way to go.

I am in the same boat as you pretty much and there is no way in hell I would pay minimum £150 (UK price) for a cheap looking car bucket seat with a pillow.

MarkTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MarkTR
Member since 2016 • 3 Posts

you can check some of the best gaming chair here with buying guide http://www.sparrowsurf.com/most-comfortable-gaming-chair/

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I'm looking for a new chair too. I'm also never buying leather furniture again. This is what I cover my blanket with:

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

best to try before you buy. just like shoes. one does not fit all.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bikouchu35

Wow what a bump. The funny thing is that I tried a budget chair and dxracer, returned both of them. The budget chair has some flaws that was too much for me to overlook but if you arent picky than it is worth it. Dxracer felt too stiff for me, the cushion, the bolster, but it was mechanically sound. So I still have this meh chair atm.

If I were to spend the money ($300-400) than I may get clutch chairz tbh, fry's has numerous chairs to try like arozzi, akracing, etc. and theirs was the most comfy minus their meh chair handles. Now if I go cheap than I may go merax, but I then I would have to gamble on whether is comfortable or not.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GeryGo  Moderator

Can't replace the quality of leather office manager chair, the downside that it could start to pill off after few years but then again it depends on the quality of the chair.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts
@PredatorRules said:

Can't replace the quality of leather office manager chair, the downside that it could start to pill off after few years but then again it depends on the quality of the chair.

Much comfier than leather ones, autocorrects your posture as well, downside is they run for about 500€, worth every penny tho

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GeryGo  Moderator

@howmakewood: wow that's some high tech chair over there, can't say I've seen one in my country but I bet that they're not popular anywhere, high price or not I've seen leather and gaming chairs at the same price so that's not an issue.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@PredatorRules: It's Herman Miller Aeron, rather well known one. Availability is bit iffy in EU, have to import in Finland at least or buy a used one

If you search around for top office chairs you most likely wont find many lists without that one in it

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#17  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@billyshouse: The best way to pick out the best product is to go into the kitchen and pour yourself a glass of Go Fuk Yourself!

Spammer Bitch!

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bikouchu35

@BassMan said:

@billyshouse: The best way to pick out the best product is to go into the kitchen and pour yourself a glass of Go Fuk Yourself!

Spammer Bitch!

Louder!!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#19 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@Bikouchu35: hehe :)

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

I'm looking for a new chair too. I'm also never buying leather furniture again. This is what I cover my blanket with:

I feel you... I need a new chair also, the seat cushion has more less been flattened to death over the last 2 years.

haiwaimacouou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 haiwaimacouou
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Gaming chairs are often branded as being cool and comfy, until they're broken in. Get a computer desk chair that was built to withstand years of use outside of the gaming niche.

My recommendations go to Herman Miller's Aeron and Embody, and the Steelcase Gesture and Leap. I currently own the Gesture and the only recommendation I would make is to get the headrest - with the caveat that it is embedded and not removable.

I know that https://leyeahsoho.com/collections/computer-chair has stepped up in the ergonomic chair world and have made it pretty affordable, but I have no personal experience with it.

Davidson1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Davidson1987
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

I think that the brand is not so important. It's just marketing, and I think that buying a noname chair is absolutely normal. Frankly speaking, I think that spending a lot of money on just a CHAIR is not worth it. I would not spend more than 200$ on it, because there is no difference between a 200$ and a 1000$ DxRacer chair, man. I have searched a lot of information and reviews on the internet, and found out on https://battlestationsetups.com/best-gaming-chair-under-200/ that the best gaming chair under 200 is gtracing chair. I bought it 4 months ago, and I am really satisfied with it. It's very qualitative and comfortable.