'bout that time again... new GPU.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chrnocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chrnocide
Member since 2009 • 357 Posts

I've been out of the CPU world for a while, so I'm not 100% sure on what's up to date. Browsing around I've seen that some of the stuff is still the same, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

My GTX 275 is finally running its course and crapping out. It's out of warranty and quite frankly I think it's time for an upgrade anyway so I can take advantage of my crossfire supporting MB.

What do you all suggest? I won't be able to get both GPU's right away, so suggest a good mid-range one that can still play everything on the market and be viable w/ a second one in about a year or so.

Thanks!

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

hd 6950 1gb

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
Depends what your budget is but the hd 6950 is a very good deal
Mehdi-Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 Mehdi-Y
Member since 2008 • 1028 Posts

Get a 6950.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23838 Posts

If you want Crossfire then 6950 now then later if needed another one

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16621 Posts

6950 2bg toxic...it can beat out a 570gtx out of the box in all games not sponsored by nvidia. it has a bios switch that flashes to a 6970 and it can easily overclock to 1000mhz speeds. you even get 2 free games. good luck finding one though...its sold out.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23838 Posts

6950 2bg toxic...it can beat out a 570gtx out of the box in all games not sponsored by nvidia. it has a bios switch that flashes to a 6970 and it can easily overclock to 1000mhz speeds. you even get 2 free games. good luck finding one though...its sold out.

blaznwiipspman1

Wrong the 6950 2gb toxic dont beat a GTX 570 in every game sponsered by nvidia and for most games the GTX 570 really beats the 6950, and I dont call 1 to 3 fps lead on those few games a 6950 does get over a 570 real big lead neither. None of the newer 6950's flashes anymore you would have to be able to grab a older made model which would be really hard to find.

gravitygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gravitygamer
Member since 2010 • 948 Posts

I've been out of the CPU world for a while, so I'm not 100% sure on what's up to date. Browsing around I've seen that some of the stuff is still the same, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

My GTX 275 is finally running its course and crapping out. It's out of warranty and quite frankly I think it's time for an upgrade anyway so I can take advantage of my crossfire supporting MB.

What do you all suggest? I won't be able to get both GPU's right away, so suggest a good mid-range one that can still play everything on the market and be viable w/ a second one in about a year or so.

Thanks!

Chrnocide
since you have been using an Nvidia card till now i think you go the Nvidia route.just get GTX560ti or gtx570 and just Sli them later.
GS550L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GS550L
Member since 2011 • 923 Posts
[QUOTE="Chrnocide"]

Thanks!

gravitygamer
since you have been using an Nvidia card till now i think you go the Nvidia route.just get GTX560ti or gtx570 and just Sli them later.

Can't use SLI with an 890FX board.
gravitygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gravitygamer
Member since 2010 • 948 Posts
[QUOTE="gravitygamer"][QUOTE="Chrnocide"]

Thanks!

GS550L

Can't use SLI with an 890FX board.

oh sorry i thought hes gonna buy a board...