This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9b4fe90f2f5
deactivated-5c9b4fe90f2f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5c9b4fe90f2f5
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

I bought Skyrim last month and played it almost everyday and got 23 hours in the game but then I had to stop because of school and exams for about 2 weeks and now I can't get back into the game, I start it up walk and fight for 20 minutes and then I'm bored with it:? anyone else got bored with skyrim or know some good mods to improve the gameplay?
(I'm not saying the game is bad or anything I really liked it in the beginningbut now I can't keep playing it)

xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts

I bought Skyrim last month and played it almost everyday and got 23 hours in the game but then I had to stop because of school and exams for about 2 weeks and now I can't get back into the game, I start it up walk and fight for 20 minutes and then I'm bored with it:? anyone else got bored with skyrim or know some good mods to improve the gameplay?
(I'm not saying the game is bad or anything I really liked it in the beginningbut now I can't keep playing it)

zahyr
Happens with any game for me. I haven't even touched my computer at home that is there for games in a month. You are burnt out man, might need to step away for a bit and do something else.
RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

I suggest making a new character, using different weapons/abilities, and then concentrate on one of the faction quest lines (College of Winterhold, Companions of Whiterun, Thieves Guild in Riften, Dark Brotherhood, etc.).

The dungeon-delving is good, but it's better when you're focused on a story arc. Personally, I found all the faction questlines to be great.

scott1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 scott1213
Member since 2006 • 1667 Posts

There are plenty of awesome mods out there. If you are playing it on steam, be aware most of the excellent mods are not always on the workshop. Look at both nexus and the steam workshop. Personally I love creating npc wars myself and helping out the imperials/ storm cloaks based on my mood. There are mods that also allow for some cool followers. I find actually playing the game (without console cheats) extremely repetitve and boring. Skyrim for the pc is a sandbox, let your imagination run wild.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I got bored, too, never finished it. It sure is huge and it looks good, but it doesn't have that "something" to keep you intrested. I'm not really an RPG guy, though, the first game of that type that I played was Fallout 3, so maybe it set the standards too high for me.

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

Try out some new mods. Make a new character. Use different skills. There's lots of things you could do. Or you might just need a break from it. Every game gets boring eventually. Sometimes you just get bored of that type of gameplay, the hardcore, realistic RPG. Maybe try out Torchlight 1, a casual action RPG, or even another game genre entirely like FPS or RTS.

I used to get bored of my games all the time. I realized it was because I played the same game too long. These days I usually have 3-5 ongoing games. Most days I am playing something different from the previous day. These games are from all different genres and gameplay styles, so there is always variety in my gaming.

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

I've got three complaints with Skyrim.
1. Everybody wants to kill me outside of major cities
2. Feels like walls of text going into major cities
3. Miserable Crossfire support
I also wish there were dialogue choices a la Fallout

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

take some time off or try a completely different genre. play when you miss it

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I've got three complaints with Skyrim.
1. Everybody wants to kill me outside of major cities
2. Feels like walls of text going into major cities
3. Miserable Crossfire support
I also wish there were dialogue choices a la Fallout

Jackboot343

lolwut

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

it gets boring, right now i only pop on to mess around with mods...thats about it though, and im not even done with the companions questline :s

johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts

Just play a few other games between Skyrim session to keep it fresh

killjoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 killjoi
Member since 2002 • 10005 Posts

I enjoy playing Skyrim on a near daily basis. I do 1-3 quests and quit, partly to make sure I don't get overwhelmed because there's so much to do. Since I hit the 40's, I don't bother with sidequests or collecting loot, as everything's pretty easy to kill regardless of what I'm up against. The Dark Brotherhood questline is so, so good. If you're bored, try that one to see if it sparks your interest.