Borderlands 2 story/Borderlands expansions???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Spincut
Member since 2004 • 4203 Posts

I never really played the expansions. Now, before you say "you really should", I was just curious, were they very isolated side quests, or was there some significant story in between that and Borderlands 2 contained within the expansions? Based on a quick check it didn't seem to be anything special though from where the first game left off and seems like the 2nd one is more determined to focus on that.

dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

Borderlands had a story?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

Borderlands 2 doesn't seem to link much between the two groups of Vault Hunters, but by no means are the DLC in borderlands 1 only side quest based. (minus Mad Moxi's Thunderdome. Its the worst of the 4)

the Dr. Ned, Knoxx, and Claptrap Revolution DLC are all continuations of the main story, but not in the sense of going into the Vault.

If you want to skip the DLC's, I'd say you're fine when it comes to Borderlands 2, you'll just be missing some great DLC. If you do intend of getting them, buy/play them in this order; Dr Ned, Knoxx, then Clap Trap Revo. Mad Moxxi is just an arena DLC that can be played anytime.

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Spincut
Member since 2004 • 4203 Posts

Borderlands 2 doesn't seem to link much between the two groups of Vault Hunters, but by no means are the DLC in borderlands 1 only side quest based. (minus Mad Moxi's Thunderdome. Its the worst of the 4)

the Dr. Ned, Knoxx, and Claptrap Revolution DLC are all continuations of the main story, but not in the sense of going into the Vault.

If you want to skip the DLC's, I'd say you're fine when it comes to Borderlands 2, you'll just be missing some great DLC. If you do intend of getting them, buy/play them in this order; Dr Ned, Knoxx, then Clap Trap Revo. Mad Moxxi is just an arena DLC that can be played anytime.

Hobbsey07

Hmmm well I'll take it under advisement, I mean, I lost my save file from before too so I'd have to start over just to play the DLC's.

But yes Borderlands had a story! they left the main storyline on quite the cliffhanger. So the question becomes when you say the DLC's "continue the story", how exactly do they do it? They sure sound a lot like side quests to me, where I imagine Borderlands 2 continues where the cliffhanger left off....am I wrong in this?