Blur or Split/Second

This topic is locked from further discussion.

notts57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 notts57
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hi guys, I've only recently wanted to get a racing game and spec isn't really a problem... I've taken a liking to Blur and Split/Second and just wanted to hear your opinions on the 2 so I could form an idea of which one to get. Thanks.
mariokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mariokata
Member since 2009 • 75 Posts

i havent played any of the two but i recomend to buy one of the below if you still don't have them for pc

Need for speed shift

Dirt 2

Grid

also there is a new nfs game coming out this month but please wait for the reviews and user comments before proceeding.

from the two you mentioned even i havent played them i would choose split secondbecause the explosions look cool and is something original and different plus the reviews are not bad.

hope this helps

notts57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 notts57

i havent played any of the two but i recomend to buy one of the below if you still don't have them for pc

Need for speed shift

Dirt 2

Grid

also there is a new nfs game coming out this month but please wait for the reviews and user comments before proceeding.

from the two you mentioned even i havent played them i would choose split secondbecause the explosions look cool and is something original and different plus the reviews are not bad.

hope this helps

mariokata
thanks a lot mate, i'll wait til xmas i think... my student loan has been eaten into enough for now :P but i'll defo look out for the reviews on the new need for speed. cheers pal
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
[QUOTE="notts57"]Hi guys, I've only recently wanted to get a racing game and spec isn't really a problem... I've taken a liking to Blur and Split/Second and just wanted to hear your opinions on the 2 so I could form an idea of which one to get. Thanks.

both actually came at the same time and both are console like arcade racers; Blur is like any other arcade racer on the market with great graphics, cars and powers; Split Second brings something new like racing reality just like in the science fiction moives; racers have to drive earn points by drifting and following other racers so they can use enviroment to stall other racers, it also have AWESOME audio with great action movies soundtrack, if you attend to play it on your HD/LED screen with 7.1 speakers home theather it would be a blast. Both games have demo as if I remember right. If you're looking into a rally racer it's DiRT2 you're looking for Sim Racer = NFS Shift. or you can wait till next week for NFS Hot Pursuit.
555SSOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#5 555SSOO
Member since 2008 • 1873 Posts
Most people prefer Blur,but I think that split second is better :D
notts57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 notts57
[QUOTE="PredatorRules"][QUOTE="notts57"]Hi guys, I've only recently wanted to get a racing game and spec isn't really a problem... I've taken a liking to Blur and Split/Second and just wanted to hear your opinions on the 2 so I could form an idea of which one to get. Thanks.

both actually came at the same time and both are console like arcade racers; Blur is like any other arcade racer on the market with great graphics, cars and powers; Split Second brings something new like racing reality just like in the science fiction moives; racers have to drive earn points by drifting and following other racers so they can use enviroment to stall other racers, it also have AWESOME audio with great action movies soundtrack, if you attend to play it on your HD/LED screen with 7.1 speakers home theather it would be a blast. Both games have demo as if I remember right. If you're looking into a rally racer it's DiRT2 you're looking for Sim Racer = NFS Shift. or you can wait till next week for NFS Hot Pursuit.

Nice one mate thanks :)
dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

Blur is a lot better imo. It's actually fun compared to the frustration of Split/Second. That game is so hard, the ai rubberbands like crazy even on the easiest difficulties and it's pretty badly optimized as well as being locked at 30 fps.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

I don't own Blur.

but I've played the online beta. and it's much more fun than Split/Second.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
i heard both were good, but dont get too attached to blur cuz activision let go of the company that made it cause it didnt sell too well.. so dont expect a sequel :o
spacedog1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 spacedog1973
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

SPlit second is fun, great graphics but has limited appeal, the powerplays are always in certain places but then again it can make it tactical i suppose

And Blur, good graphic as well, more frentic and arcady similar in many ways but might have more longevity

If you want a fun, frentic arcadey racer you cannot go wrong with either game. Hard to seperate them to be honest

gravitygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gravitygamer
Member since 2010 • 948 Posts
ive got both the games...i think u should go for spli second...its got cool cars..awesme stunts and u feel more into the game..as if ur driving for your life.. blur dsnt gve that feeling.it jst feels like your racing cuz u have to race.its got a coloury weapons and makes it feel funny.i thoght i would be like the movie DEATHRACE but it wasnt....any i prefer split second for ya...
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Blur = Mario Kart Split Second = Burnout. Whichever you rather, take your pick.
face_ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 face_ripper
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts
Neither, both are bad and repeative
Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

I enjoyed Blur a lot. Haven't played Split/Second...

sakshamH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sakshamH
Member since 2010 • 352 Posts
[QUOTE="notts57"]Hi guys, I've only recently wanted to get a racing game and spec isn't really a problem... I've taken a liking to Blur and Split/Second and just wanted to hear your opinions on the 2 so I could form an idea of which one to get. Thanks.

NFS Hot pUrsuit. That is all!