Black Ops Expansion Pack

This topic is locked from further discussion.

incredible_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 incredible_one
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts

Shouldn't Black Ops be priced as an expansion pack? Seeing it's going to be so identical as MW2? I hope it won't we another 60$...

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#2 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Do you want to have this debate about every annual sequel? Its not like Activision are the only ones doing it.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Shouldn't Black Ops be priced as an expansion pack? Seeing it's going to be so identical as MW2? I hope it won't we another 60$...

incredible_one

Identical in what way? That they both have guns? Did MW2 take place in Vietnam? No. Did it have bot support? No. Did it have zombie mode? No. It seems to me that Black Ops offers enough to make people want to pay full price for it. And I'm sure plenty will.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

you're kidding right? it's CoD game and we're going to have one at $60 every year (price may spike in the future of course).

yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 yemen_headshot
Member since 2010 • 514 Posts

incredible_one
why all the hate for activision ???? i didn't see lots of ppl complaining when valve announced l4d 2 ??
Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

Black Ops is definitely not an expansion.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="incredible_one"]

yemen_headshot
why all the hate for activision ???? i didn't see lots of ppl complaining when valve announced l4d 2 ??

Yea right :roll:
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="incredible_one"]

yemen_headshot

activi$ion is one of the **** companies around. And people did complain about l4d2.

ironman388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ironman388
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

[QUOTE="incredible_one"]

yemen_headshot

there was ALOT of complaining about l4d2, however l4d2 was WAY more than an expansion and was better than l4d1 in many ways, except for the characters.

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

[QUOTE="incredible_one"]

yemen_headshot

:shock: Were you under a rock when L4D2 was announced?

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
[QUOTE="incredible_one"]

yemen_headshot

probably because its valve. and what they did with that game was far more acceptable than activisions flop with mw2. 2 free content patches, easily moddable, given out free to people, gone on sale for dirt cheap many times and having actual support makes l4d2 ultimately superior to mw2. activision offered us 2 map packs, 15 bucks each, and had mw2 for 60 bucks even through steam sales periods. not to mention horrible support for their product. this is why people hate activision. please dont ask that question ever again.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="yemen_headshot"][QUOTE="incredible_one"]

yellosnolvr

probably because its valve. and what they did with that game was far more acceptable than activisions flop with mw2. 2 free content patches, easily moddable, given out free to people, gone on sale for dirt cheap many times and having actual support makes l4d2 ultimately superior to mw2. activision offered us 2 map packs, 15 bucks each, and had mw2 for 60 bucks even through steam sales periods. not to mention horrible support for their product. this is why people hate activision. please dont ask that question ever again.

You think MW2 was a flop?
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
Black ops is a Completely different game than Modern Warfare. Different Setting, Different guns, Different Developer, Different Gameplay modes. Even if it was an "expansion" I would gladly pay the $60 for all the new stuff thats included
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yellosnolvr
You think MW2 was a flop? biggest_loser
mw2 itself wasnt a flop. activision (and infinity ward), themselves, flopped. it had all of the ingredients for a flop, but the massive amounts of fans it has saved the game from being a flop. sigh...
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"] mw2 itself wasnt a flop. activision (and infinity ward), themselves, flopped. it had all of the ingredients for a flop, but the massive amounts of fans it has saved the game from being a flop. sigh...

Hardly. They made a solid action game. You must have been one of those fans if you're judging the game. Why did you buy it if you were so concerned about it not having those extra tools?
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yellosnolvr
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"][QUOTE="yellosnolvr"] mw2 itself wasnt a flop. activision (and infinity ward), themselves, flopped. it had all of the ingredients for a flop, but the massive amounts of fans it has saved the game from being a flop. sigh...

Hardly. They made a solid action game. You must have been one of those fans if you're judging the game. Why did you buy it if you were so concerned about it not having those extra tools?

i bought the game in december of last year to play with my friends. i was certainly optimistic about my purchase but realized those things after a few weeks of playing. i dont know how im a fan just because i happened to make this purchase. but okie dokie
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"][QUOTE="yellosnolvr"] mw2 itself wasnt a flop. activision (and infinity ward), themselves, flopped. it had all of the ingredients for a flop, but the massive amounts of fans it has saved the game from being a flop. sigh...

i bought the game in december of last year to play with my friends. i was certainly optimistic about my purchase but realized those things after a few weeks of playing. i dont know how im a fan just because i happened to make this purchase. but okie dokie

So despite all the articles and blogs written about the lack of dedicated servers you still bought it and only realised it after a few weeks of playing?
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"][QUOTE="yellosnolvr"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"] Hardly. They made a solid action game. You must have been one of those fans if you're judging the game. Why did you buy it if you were so concerned about it not having those extra tools?

So despite all the articles and blogs written about the lack of dedicated servers you still bought it and only realised it after a few weeks of playing?

Quit throwing words into the man's mouth. He said nothing about the lack of dedicated servers. Hell you were the one mentioning "tools," which could refer to a great deal of things. I bought it, and I knew it lacked those so called tools you vaguely refer to. That is not what made the game bad. The SP was a joke, along with the horribly balanced multiplayer. The game is eaten up with hackers. So basically you are left with a 4-5 hour campaign chocked full of corny characters and cliche situations. The overall game was a pretty big let down. Hopefully the next will not be as bad.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"][QUOTE="yellosnolvr"] i bought the game in december of last year to play with my friends. i was certainly optimistic about my purchase but realized those things after a few weeks of playing. i dont know how im a fan just because i happened to make this purchase. but okie dokie

Quit throwing words into the man's mouth. He said nothing about the lack of dedicated servers. Hell you were the one mentioning "tools," which could refer to a great deal of things. I bought it, and I knew it lacked those so called tools you vaguely refer to. That is not what made the game bad. The SP was a joke, along with the horribly balanced multiplayer. The game is eaten up with hackers. So basically you are left with a 4-5 hour campaign chocked full of corny characters and cliche situations. The overall game was a pretty big let down. Hopefully the next will not be as bad.

If you read back he compares the games lack of support with MW2 to the modding opportunities provided by L4D - I assume he was angry with the lack of modding tools then. There's no need to get angry ol' friend! Lets not let the Bobby K throw the gauntlet down on our friendship! We have known each other for too long my brother!
Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

Good one TC :roll:

Too bad this looks like a lot more fun than MW2 since that felt like one of the most soul-less games I've played in a while. Treyarch is definitely putting a lot of effort into this title

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"][QUOTE="yellosnolvr"] i bought the game in december of last year to play with my friends. i was certainly optimistic about my purchase but realized those things after a few weeks of playing. i dont know how im a fan just because i happened to make this purchase. but okie dokie

Speeeeec oppppps
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#23 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

No one's forcing you to buy it. If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it.

Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
What's with PC gamers and this mentality of, "I want more for less!" You get dedicated servers, mod tools, better visuals, yet you want it, better yet, demand it for $10 less than the console counterpart... I don't get it. Times change, if you stop and expect things are going to stay the same, you're going to miss out on a lot. Also, if you're in the position where you think $60 is a lot to pay, you should be looking for a better source of income.
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
What about every year NFS,FIFA,Madden,stalker ..............
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

incredible_one
:roll: ARE YOU SERIOUS? New singleplayer campaign with better ai and with new gameplay features in the series such as flying the helicopter in vietnam. Tons of new weapons, seriously there are plenty more. All the maps in mp are new, new gamemodes, endless customization options which counts as a huge non expansion feature in multiplayer, last but not least it has a diffirent mp upgrading character system. Let alone dedicated servers and bots which is something that has gone away the last few years.
Do you want to have this debate about every annual sequel? Its not like Activision are the only ones doing it. biggest_loser
^ Also that, everyone is using the last game they released as a template to make an improved version of the firsts. Thats how game sequels are nowdays. You wont see much diffirences from the first. Examples: uncharted 2, the stalker games(wait those are expansions and come to think of it you should take a look at them tc and see how identical are and how few new things are so they can actually count as expansions, unlike black ops) also killzone 3, fallout new vegas, l4d2 and if you think about it even bc2 is an expansion. It has the same weapons as the first, hardly any additions and it has weak campaign. Also for the record i still play mw2 online and singleplayer was not a joke in comparison with others, like bc2 singleplayer. Its easy to bash one game when you are not taking a look to the others for doing it too.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
What about every year NFS,FIFA,Madden,stalker ..............badtaker
A bit offtopic, but i would also like to remind that in the past EA wanted to make medal of honor "one game every years" but rising sun and frontline proved that they didnt have enough time to make a proper game and dropped the idea. I guess its activision's turn to give it a shot.
XXI_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 XXI_World
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

What about every year stalker ..............badtaker

What?

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

What utter rubbish, Black Ops is a FULL game and will most likely deserve the price that's charged for it.

ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

[QUOTE="incredible_one"]

yemen_headshot

Bobby Kotick, Prices, DLC.

sakshamH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sakshamH
Member since 2010 • 352 Posts
Black ops is a Completely different game than Modern Warfare. Different Setting, Different guns, Different Developer, Different Gameplay modes. Even if it was an "expansion" I would gladly pay the $60 for all the new stuff thats includedgmaster456
Me to. it owns mW2 from what I've seen