Black ops 2? Whens it coming out for mac..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JordNFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JordNFTW
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
WHENS BLACK OPS 2 GOING TO BE OUT FOR MAC? OR CAN THE PC VERSION WORK? Sorry for caps as i really want to play it on my mac. http://www.game.co.uk/en/Call-of-Duty:-Black-Ops-II-with-Nuketown-2025-Map-171062?kw=?origin=pla&cm_mmc=UK-Google-Game-PLA-_-Product_Listing_Ads-_-PLA-_-244529
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
bwhahahahahahah mac.
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

ahahaha black ops 1 came out for mac last month so have an idea

JordNFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JordNFTW
will pcs version not work?
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alan_carter
will pcs version not work?JordNFTW
Nope :/ grab black ops 1 if u wanna play cod on mac, or simply go for valve games such as tf2 or css. Macs are not meant for gaming
JordNFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JordNFTW
hmm, so will none of the apps for macs for example bootcamp or emulation not make the pc version run on mac?
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alan_carter
hmm, so will none of the apps for macs for example bootcamp or emulation not make the pc version run on mac?JordNFTW
Don't bother trying, maybe they get u to the main menu but then game will be unplayable.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Here are your options:

1. Get a PC.

Voila!

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
Want to play Windows games on your Mac? Bootcamp.
JordNFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JordNFTW
So black ops 2 will run on mac with bootcamp?
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
So black ops 2 will run on mac with bootcamp?JordNFTW
Yes.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

In exactly 5 years..

SG-Tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SG-Tank
I have a PC and have never liked MAC's. My sister for some reason likes them. It just my personal opinion.
crazyfox3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 crazyfox3
Its strange that BO2 isn't out on Mac yet as Borderlands 2 was out within a month or so. By the way, Macs are more efficient at running software as its designed differently than Windows. I have a PC and Mac and prefer gaming on the Mac as its much faster with less hardware. Unfortunately there are also fewer games and I haven't been game enough to try dual booting.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
Macs are not meant for gamingalan_carter
Pretty sure the new iMac would disagree with you. 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX Which games can that setup not run? Or according to you, not get past the main menu?
Exi46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Exi46
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
GOOD NEWS! Black Ops II is out now on Mac - http://readnow.mediamonitors.com.au/ReadNow.aspx?1UY3goyB56I
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#17 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
the release date for mac is when you buy win 7...
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#18 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
[QUOTE="alan_carter"]Macs are not meant for gamingUCF_Knight
Pretty sure the new iMac would disagree with you. 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX Which games can that setup not run? Or according to you, not get past the main menu?

problem is not the hardware, the problem is how many game company's support mac...
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alan_carter
[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"][QUOTE="alan_carter"]Macs are not meant for gamingk2theswiss

problem is not the hardware, the problem is how many game company's support mac...

That may be only useful for rendering, and maybe you can enjoy the 2 graphically nice games it supports, but it's quite retarded to purchase a 3k dollars big weird monitor which u can't upgrade lol
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="alan_carter"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="UCF_Knight"] Pretty sure the new iMac would disagree with you. 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX Which games can that setup not run? Or according to you, not get past the main menu?

That may be only useful for rendering, and maybe you can enjoy the 2 graphically nice games it supports, but it's quite retarded to purchase a 3k dollars big weird monitor which u can't upgrade lol

And tbh, those stupidly expensive imacs are a waste, nothing beats a matching dual monitor setup ... for half the price with equal or better specs and the ability to overclock without cooking a ham. Macs look pretty, but thats as far as it goes. brilliant for computer-illeterate consumors or art college kids that grow up believing its somehow better for design yet has less options and crashes more often than windows 7. Good times.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="alan_carter"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"] problem is not the hardware, the problem is how many game company's support mac...

And tbh, those stupidly expensive imacs are a waste, nothing beats a matching dual monitor setup ... for half the price with equal or better specs and the ability to overclock without cooking a ham. Macs look pretty, but thats as far as it goes. brilliant for computer-illeterate consumors or art college kids that grow up believing its somehow better for design yet has less options and crashes more often than windows 7. Good times.

Well Photoshop did run slightly better in Mac OSX than Windows 7, but that's hardly a compelling reason to buy a Mac over a PC.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 UCF_Knight
problem is not the hardware, the problem is how many game company's support mac... k2theswiss
That's because there hasn't been a decent enough population of Mac gamers. Which is because they haven't had decent enough gaming gpu's. The production of Mac-compatible games has risen, and will continue to rise. With large companies like Valve supporting mac, it's only a matter of time before there is a decent library of games on the platform.
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alan_carter

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]problem is not the hardware, the problem is how many game company's support mac... UCF_Knight
That's because there hasn't been a decent enough population of Mac gamers. Which is because they haven't had decent enough gaming gpu's. The production of Mac-compatible games has risen, and will continue to rise. With large companies like Valve supporting mac, it's only a matter of time before there is a decent library of games on the platform.

:lol: There are not many rich kids interested in computer gaming. The term "Mac Gamers" causes helpless laughter on me.

It's not about good gaming gpu's or whatever. Those are prebuilt ultra overpriced machines that will never get good support from large companies.

The average rich kid opts for alienware anyday.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UCF_Knight
The term "Mac Gamers" causes helpless laughter on me.alan_carter
Which is why I don't suspect you're a reasonable person to assess the future of video games on Apple hardware.. Personal feelings aside, there is a rising number of games on the platform, and more planned for the future. There is no debating the numbers. This is tossing aside the fact that you can already play Windows games on a Windows partition. It doesn't matter what the average 'rich kid' does. There is a population of consumers that prefer products such as the iMac and they play games on them. For some odd reason that seems to anger a lot of this forum and I'm not quite sure why. Just let people do their thing, who cares.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="alan_carter"]The term "Mac Gamers" causes helpless laughter on me.UCF_Knight
Which is why I don't suspect you're a reasonable person to assess the future of video games on Apple hardware.. Personal feelings aside, there is a rising number of games on the platform, and more planned for the future. There is no debating the numbers. This is tossing aside the fact that you can already play Windows games on a Windows partition. It doesn't matter what the average 'rich kid' does. There is a population of consumers that prefer products such as the iMac and they play games on them. For some odd reason that seems to anger a lot of this forum and I'm not quite sure why. Just let people do their thing, who cares.

Have they fixed all the issues yet? I remember when HL2 became available on mac the performance and image quality was terrible.

Link

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 UCF_Knight
Have they fixed all the issues yet? I remember when HL2 became available on mac the performance and image quality was terrible.

Link

kraken2109
No idea, I have no Apple computers. :P
somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

OP is retard

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

this thread is a circlejerk full of scrubs
yes it will work in bootcamp
enjoy

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"]problem is not the hardware, the problem is how many game company's support mac... alan_carter

:lol: There are not many rich kids interested in computer gaming. The term "Mac Gamers" causes helpless laughter on me.

It's not about good gaming gpu's or whatever. Those are prebuilt ultra overpriced machines that will never get good support from large companies.

aw shi...
pro gamer stermy plays on his mac book pro, i've seen pics.

i doubt that's his main machine, but still.

he's a quake pro dueler

heck his team and him colwn even won the ipl shootmania tourny

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

It's like you put two really bad products into one, that's a double negative don't do it.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 alan_carter

[QUOTE="alan_carter"]

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"] That's because there hasn't been a decent enough population of Mac gamers. Which is because they haven't had decent enough gaming gpu's. The production of Mac-compatible games has risen, and will continue to rise. With large companies like Valve supporting mac, it's only a matter of time before there is a decent library of games on the platform.JigglyWiggly_

aw shi...

he's a quake pro dueler

Dis pro gaemers watch naekid wouman pixs nonstopz
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="alan_carter"]

alan_carter

aw shi...

he's a quake pro dueler

nah, pretty much all the quake live players are pretty normal just skinny fat he's in the beggining of the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE7iJ6xFcG0&hd=1
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kraken2109
[QUOTE="alan_carter"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

aw shi...

he's a quake pro dueler

JigglyWiggly_

nah, pretty much all the quake live players are pretty normal just skinny fat he's in the beggining of the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE7iJ6xFcG0&hd=1

dat motion blur.
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alan_carter
[QUOTE="alan_carter"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

aw shi...

he's a quake pro dueler

JigglyWiggly_

Video is cool but music choice is terrible as usual in these vids.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="alan_carter"] Dis pro gaemers watch naekid wouman pixs nonstopzalan_carter

are you joking

the music is amazing

so smooth and fits the pace of the action so well

mayb you will like fisherolol's music choice and videos ;D

i've never played with him, but apparently he is extremely good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYo6pyNRmm8&t=30s

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 alan_carter

[QUOTE="alan_carter"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] nah, pretty much all the quake live players are pretty normal just skinny fat he's in the beggining of the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE7iJ6xFcG0&hd=1JigglyWiggly_

are you joking

the music is amazing

loool omfg. Chimba chimba At least in the 1.6 vid from the other thread they put some greenday tune.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kraken2109
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="alan_carter"] Video is cool but music choice is terrible as usual in these vids.alan_carter

are you joking

the music is amazing

loool omfg. Chimba chimba At least in the 1.6 vid from the other thread they put some greenday tune.

The hell did i just watch..?
somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

It's like you put two really bad products into one, that's a double negative don't do it.

WiiMan21
amen
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Its strange that BO2 isn't out on Mac yet as Borderlands 2 was out within a month or so. By the way, Macs are more efficient at running software as its designed differently than Windows. I have a PC and Mac and prefer gaming on the Mac as its much faster with less hardware. crazyfox3

yeah, I'm sure all those mac games run great.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
I have a PC and have never liked MAC's. My sister for some reason likes them. It just my personal opinion.SG-Tank
It's the brand image apple have created that attracts.
raydot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 raydot
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I like how you guys seem to think your unqualified opinions matter. It's a porting problem, plain and simple. Treyarch is going where their market is and that means first a launch to PC/XBox because they'll sell more games that way. They don't sell as much to Mac users so they don't start there but will get there eventually. It's all got NOTHING to do with how "good" Macs are vs. PCs, and while I'm sure your indignity helps you to sleep better at night when you dis Macs just because you don't happen to own one you sound amazingly uninformed. It's like if someone were to ask your opinion about the SF Giants and you respond by saying "I HATE THE GIANTS!" That might be true but they still won the World Series last year and that fact pretty solidly trumps your opinion.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JigglyWiggly_

good to see that my posts in the past continue to derail topics

here's a new video of fisher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VFCkk5wgGI&t=4m30s&hd=1

strangely relevent for macintosh owners

king_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 king_Macko
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] And tbh, those stupidly expensive imacs are a waste, nothing beats a matching dual monitor setup ... for half the price with equal or better specs and the ability to overclock without cooking a ham. Macs look pretty, but thats as far as it goes. brilliant for computer-illeterate consumors or art college kids that grow up believing its somehow better for design yet has less options and crashes more often than windows 7. Good times.

Wow, Stop paying out macs people.. It's ok that you cannot afford a apple product.. Not the end of the world no need to be jealous.. Also i'm sorry to embarress you infront of your friends man, However you have ALOOOOOT to learn lol, Hardware has nothing to do with running games, Well it plays a small role in it yes, However depending how the development is done it can be ran on any hardware. Advanced graphics rendering (ray tracing, real time shadow mapping etc.) will of course need a more up to date hardware set in which mac is completly supported of currently. However you're saying every mac in the world crashes while doing design tasks, First of all i'd just like to remind you people that this topic is about call of duty release not about saying "I dont like macs", You are of course entitled to your opinion. As i was saying i've created a full multiplayer gaming website with over 200 clients playing and enjoying my multiplayer games. I create the design on a macbook pro. Mac's are no good for you clients, It's US DEVELOPERS who use mac os x to create gaming and software for you windows folks. Also did you know that a majority of code for example java language will run on a mac, pc or linux after compile.. The only reason call of duty and other "game studio's" don't support mac is because they don't have the time nor money nor find it profitable enough to build for mac. The majority of the game market is developed using Direct3D (DirectX Graphics - Windows only). To run games on mac and ensure cross compatibility it's OpenGL graphics library. So please guys keep in mind when you are teasing macs, I registered only because of some of these posts. Don't say anything bad if you don't understand a thing beyond "hardware". Thanks, Macko