Black ops 2 FPS drops when Aiming sometimes ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Hydrolex (1610 posts) -

it's freaking annoying

i5 3750

gtx 670

16gb ram

My pc is strong, why does this happen ?

#2 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24606 posts) -
Do you have a 120hz monitor? If so the game lowers the frame rate to 90 if you zoom in weapons. Then goes back to 120 unzoomed.
#3 Posted by Hydrolex (1610 posts) -

Everythings on max, its a smooth 60fps, but when zooming goes to 30

#4 Posted by pzoranni (103 posts) -

i had that problem on an older rig with the first black ops.. ended up fixing it by switching from onboard sound to a card.. dunno man

#5 Posted by Wasdie (53494 posts) -

Turn the Depth of Field to low. I had the same issue. Depth of field is wierd and really messes with the FPS.

#6 Posted by Hydrolex (1610 posts) -

Turn the Depth of Field to low. I had the same issue. Depth of field is wierd and really messes with the FPS.

Wasdie

That worked great however it makes me wonder is my pc not strong enough to handle Black Ops 2 at max settings or is it a bug in the game

#7 Posted by FelipeInside (28538 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Hydrolex

That worked great however it makes me wonder is my pc not strong enough to handle Black Ops 2 at max settings or is it a bug in the game

Dude, it's a bug. My machine is half of yours and runs it fine at max.
#8 Posted by Ben-Buja (2809 posts) -

You could try the latest Nvidia beta drivers 310.54, cause I think it's a bug and the driver changelog promises "up to 26% performance increase in Black Ops 2"

#9 Posted by Lach0121 (10973 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hydrolex"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

FelipeInside

Dude, it's a bug. My machine is half of yours and runs it fine at max.

Yea it would have be a bug.

In the first Black Ops the almost the same thing would happen, but it was an FPS spike (downwards) so it is almost like a tiny freeze when you aim down your weapon and fire, close to the same time. However turning off settings didn't help that one, Its nice to know atleast turning DOF to low will help in this one.

#10 Posted by Tabris91 (7779 posts) -

Used to happen to me on CoD4 also, just a bug.

#11 Posted by Wasdie (53494 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Hydrolex

Yeah it's a bug. Must have some bug with the rendering of the DoF. Not a big deal. Going from "high" to "low", I didn't see much of a difference.

#12 Posted by NightmareP3 (259 posts) -

Yeah, happens to me sometimes too. Thankfully the MP and Zombie mode run ridiculously smooth (60-150 FPS) so even when my FPS drops a bit for a short time i bearly notice it still i hope it gets fixed, I'll try to see if Deph Of Field really is the issue with this once i get home in 2 days.