This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 00173
Member since 2007 • 372 Posts

is it??

maccaaccam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 maccaaccam
Member since 2004 • 630 Posts
you need the internet to install it but no online play.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I just wish that there would be online mods.
XxSPAZxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XxSPAZxX
Member since 2007 • 1213 Posts

nope no online and it doesn't need it :evil:

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts
I think Eurogamer said it best in their review: [quote="Eurogamer"] Would Bioshock even benefit from the kind of tacked-on me-too multiplayer that most FPS titles sport like some sort of apologetic 'will this do' badge of dishonour? We'd much rather Irrational focused all of its energies on providing its audience with the very best that single player gaming has to offer than water down the experience by wasting time cobbling together yet another take on Deathmatch and CTF, thanks.

Crucifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Crucifier
Member since 2002 • 7195 Posts
i think a coop mod for pc could possibly be cool, but any vs mp mode would be dumb
NemesisLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 NemesisLives
Member since 2003 • 426 Posts
No multiplayer? I hope the single player is good enough for me to want to play over and over.
grarap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 grarap
Member since 2004 • 5780 Posts
Eurogamer definately put it in the right words, although a co-op mode would be outstanding. Could lead to some pretty interesting traps
humbugdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 humbugdude
Member since 2004 • 278 Posts
I agree with Aurogamer also, this game looks like ES4:Oblivion of 2007 (and I still play that game just for the graphics!). My only concern is that it won't be boring to play after the first time I finish the game. Oblivion was quite majestic and you could play over and over by creating different characters... but here if I'm not mistaken you can only start out with one type of guy. Sometimes I wish there was a game less buggy that BF2142 yet better than GRAW2 with attractive top notch graphics like STALKER but a smooth-running engine so I could enjoy my graphics card online and in FPS. But gotta wait way until crysis for that. Anyone have a good review for R6:Vegas?
Maslowo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Maslowo
Member since 2003 • 1024 Posts

Let me be blasphemous for a second & speak of the Xbox360. Does anyone know if it has co-op mode? I think more games should take advantage of this style of game play. Sometimes I feel so alone on my PC, but I know there must be other PC's out there somewhere. Everyone is right about the multi-player kill or die that most FPS seem to sport,that feel nothing like that actual game campaign.

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Wow. I dunno if I'm gonna get it any time soon then.
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

XxSPAZxX

yeah, you're right... adding more depth and replayability would be stupid :roll:

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
[QUOTE="XxSPAZxX"]

weirjf

yeah, you're right... adding more depth and replayability would be stupid :roll:

Yeah. I'll have an amazing 20 hour experience, and then what?
NemesisLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NemesisLives
Member since 2003 • 426 Posts
A co-op would be great for this game. Does anyone know if they added different decisions that you came make in the game that effect the outcome of the game? Some games add these decisions and you play multiple times through the game to see what all the outcomes are.
kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 kodai
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts

I HATE to ever use wiki as any kind of reference, but in this case I'll do it. If you want to know what play options the game supports, and the reasons why then read the wiki link below. It covers the devs thought process behind the overall design of the game and should answer any questions as to why something made it in the game or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
does bioshock even need online? if thats what you want, there are hundreds of other games you could play
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

Bioshock uses the UT3 engine, right?

If so, I am willing to bet that a week after UT3 is released we will see mods since UT3 will most likely (knock on wood) come with an SDK for map and mod creation. How easy would it be to transfer the net code of UT3 to Bioshock, or transfer the models and whatnot of Bioshcok to UT3?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mrbojangles25

does bioshock even need online? if thats what you want, there are hundreds of other games you could playmattg90520

No, I dont think it does...but it would be nice all the same.

Singleplayer has been on a slow decline imo, and its good to see a game dedicated to purely singleplayer and replayability.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 madrocketeer
Co-op would indeed be cool, and wouldn't be hard to implement. It could come in a patch down the road - same way co-op made it on to System Shock 2.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25

Co-op would indeed be cool, and wouldn't be hard to implement. It could come in a patch down the road - same way co-op made it on to System Shock 2.madrocketeer

Theres co-op for SS2? Why didnt you tell me before! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 madrocketeer
Theres co-op for SS2? Why didnt you tell me before! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKmrbojangles25
Er... ...cos you never asked? :D ;)
turaaggeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 turaaggeli
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts
[QUOTE="weirjf"][QUOTE="XxSPAZxX"]

Zaeryn

yeah, you're right... adding more depth and replayability would be stupid* :roll:

Yeah. I'll have an amazing 20 hour experience, and then what**?

Not all games need a MP. If you want MP go play BF2 or something. Just like Eurogamer said, I'd rather have an exellent and outsanding SP experience than have a watered down SP with a tacked on MP.

* I doubt MP brings more depth to the game :roll: The game is as deep as singleplayer goes with its non-linear gameplay. I believe there is enough dept and replayability right there. Sure MP might increase the replayability of it, but usually SP specific games tend to have a lackluster MP. As I said, I'd rather have a game with an awesome SP than a game with a watered down SP and a tacked on MP. Just my opinion

**Play it again. It has 3 different endings and the gameplay is non-linear. That's what I heard anyway...

johnnyb47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 johnnyb47
Member since 2004 • 408 Posts

If so, I am willing to bet that a week after UT3 is released we will see mods since UT3 will most likely (knock on wood) come with an SDK for map and mod creation. How easy would it be to transfer the net code of UT3 to Bioshock, or transfer the models and whatnot of Bioshcok to UT3?

mrbojangles25

That's just wishful thinking, I'm afraid. Bioshock using Unreal Engine 3 does not automatically mean that the latter's SDK can or will be used for modding the prior. Even though it doesn't automatically mean that Irrational did the same thing with Bioshock, I urge you to take a look at the problems Clancore Games had with the now-defunct Starsiege 2845 project:

The project was cancelled because of a collection of events that totally derailed our ability to produce anything of significance. First, Vivendi forced us to drop our initial development on UT2004 to and take up development on Tribes: Vengeance. Even though we were very close to an ATR on the UT2004 engine, this made sense; they wanted to sell more copies of T:V. But Irrational Games totally hosed the Unreal engine to the point it was unmoddable. In addition, Vivendi's agreement with IG gave IG the exclusive rights to the T:V source code, so we couldn't fix what they broke.

Clancore Games

Therefore, I wouldn't get my hopes up, especially since Irrational didn't advertise MODding at all. Plus that I can't remember one Irrational game that was really MOD-friendly. The only so-called MOD that I can remember done of an Irrational game is a texture and model upgrade to System Shock 2. Which is really nothing in MODding terms. A sad thing indeed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 00173
Member since 2007 • 372 Posts
damn.. im still going to definatly get the game but i was looking foward to using all of the traps, powers, and abilities online too
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

johnnyb47

That's just wishful thinking, I'm afraid. Bioshock using Unreal Engine 3 does not automatically mean that the latter's SDK can or will be used for modding the prior. Even though it doesn't automatically mean that Irrational did the same thing with Bioshock, I urge you to take a look at the problems Clancore Games had with the now-defunct Starsiege 2845 project:

The project was cancelled because of a collection of events that totally derailed our ability to produce anything of significance. First, Vivendi forced us to drop our initial development on UT2004 to and take up development on Tribes: Vengeance. Even though we were very close to an ATR on the UT2004 engine, this made sense; they wanted to sell more copies of T:V. But Irrational Games totally hosed the Unreal engine to the point it was unmoddable. In addition, Vivendi's agreement with IG gave IG the exclusive rights to the T:V source code, so we couldn't fix what they broke.

Clancore Games

Therefore, I wouldn't get my hopes up, especially since Irrational didn't advertise MODding at all. Plus that I can't remember one Irrational game that was really MOD-friendly. The only so-called MOD that I can remember done of an Irrational game is a texture and model upgrade to System Shock 2. Which is really nothing in MODding terms. A sad thing indeed.

Man, that sucks. Didnt realize their was so much red tape surrounding the UT engine. I just remember all those sweet mods for the Unreal Tournement original (1999?) and they were awesome. What about those cool SWAT and WWII mods for UT2003 too?

I wish more FPS devs could be like Valve...

PlanetWelshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PlanetWelshy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

No that is a total bummmer! it could of been a bit like condemed2 online thats really good

PlanetWelshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PlanetWelshy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Really you can get powers and wierd stuff like that is it scarier than condemed2 if it is then i aint playing it i got it for crimbo just i had to go to my dads when i was installing it now i am at my gramas finding out about it DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT :evil: