Bioshock 2 or ME2 Steam?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BLUBBBER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BLUBBBER
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

Sorry for another one of these game vs threads, but I really need some opinions on these two games.

Firstly, I barely started Mass Effect before quitting because of my bad computer at that time and because I kind of got bored by the long dialogues (I only got to the part of the first mission where I go on that tram). I really did enjoy the Mass Effect combat and characterization, so I thought I would give ME2 a go. The main reason I got interested in ME2 was because of the cool new armours, weapons, classes and other features.

Now for Bioshock, I played halfway through the game before I had to return it to a friend. I was really fond of the plasmid system but to me the shooting was kind of average. The main reason I got hooked on this game was because of the amazing setting and background. Steam also has a deal right now that gives 10% off the game and the original Bioshock for free.

I guess it's pretty obvious I am not a RPG player as I play mostly FPS and cannot sit down for a long time to immerse myself in a game for several hours. Well any help would be appreciated, all I really want is some opinions! Thanks!

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Bioshock 2 is certainly a better deal at the moment, especially if you get in on a four-pack ($33.50!). If the keep the same sense of atmosphere and story as the original, expand the plasmid and weapon selection and improve the shooting mechanics, it should be a fantastic game. Mass Effect 2 should also be great, but I think they listened to some complaints about the first where it contained too much shooting and too little RPGing, which might not to be your liking.
skrillalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 skrillalover
Member since 2003 • 1348 Posts

whos down to do the 4pack deal? lets set it up, i need 3 other guys to go in with me.

DaRockWilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 DaRockWilder
Member since 2002 • 5451 Posts
I got ME2 i just couldnt get into Bioshock, i got it the day it came out and never really finished it.
-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

maasss aaaaaahh fffect 2

Ravenscythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ravenscythe
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts

Mass Effect 2 - just do eeeet

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

Mass Effect 2 should also be great, but I think they listened to some complaints about the first where it contained too much shooting and too little RPGing, which might not to be your liking.DJ_Lae

Actually, the reviews have been stating that it's the other way around - now they've greatly improved the combat and simplified the RP-ing.

Anyway, they're both good deals, but I'd say that ME2 is currently the more tempting game for me. Then again, if you haven't really played through Mass Effect 1 or Bioshock, get Bioshock 2 (it comes with Bioshock 1, and you won't have to worry about having savegames to import and all that).

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

Mass Effect 2 should also be great, but I think they listened to some complaints about the first where it contained too much shooting and too little RPGing, which might not to be your liking.DJ_Lae

Actually, the reviews have been stating that it's the other way around - now they've greatly improved the combat and simplified the RP-ing.

Anyway, they're both good deals, but I'd say that ME2 is currently the more tempting game for me. Then again, if you haven't really played through Mass Effect 1 or Bioshock, get Bioshock 2 (it comes with Bioshock 1, and you won't have to worry about having savegames to import and all that).

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I didn't really like Bioshock too much, so I am going with ME2.

Raxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Raxzor
Member since 2003 • 5399 Posts

ME2 all the way. I liked Bioshock, but I only picked it up when it was a Steam deal. ME I picked up on day of release.

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts
Mass Effect 2. But don't forget to pick Bioshock 2 aswell.