Big Sins Of A Solar Empire: Rebellion Update (40 new maps,etc..)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kozzy1234 (35966 posts) -

One of this years best games (imo) gets a very huge update, check it out below!

Spaceborn mega-RTS Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion has just released its 1.1 patch. The update adds a massive amount of changes, including over forty new maps. No that was not a typo, I really meant forty, four-zero. Given the average length of a Sins game, I estimate the time it would take you to learn all these new maps as slightly longer than than the lifespan of the universe.

Many of the new maps are balanced for competitive play, meaning that resources and starting locations are mirrored, making sure no-one has an unfair advantage. Perhaps Sins is attempting to become the worlds slowest e-sport? I can imagine it as the test match cricket of the internet world, where tournaments take two weeks to complete and the audience spends most of their time having a nice picnic.

Theres also big changes to the role of corvettes, who had previously found themselves as a ship without a role. Now theyre immune to many of the nasty effects that the enormous Titan class ships can deploy, turning them into the games designated giant killers. Now instead of responding to a Titan with one of your own, youll be able to send a fleet of plucky corvettes to pop a torpedo down its exhaust pipe, making guarding your biggest vessels far more important.

You can find the full patch notes on the Sins of a Solar Empire forums. If you dont yet own the game, you can find out why you should in our Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion review.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/14/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion-patch-adds-40-new-maps/

#2 Posted by Shatilov (4142 posts) -
i dont mean to break the game, or say bad words, but, is there really people that play this kind of games ? is there a count for them, is its MP alive.
#3 Posted by kozzy1234 (35966 posts) -

i dont mean to break the game, or say bad words, but, is there really people that play this kind of games ? is there a count for them, is its MP alive. Shatilov

Its got a pretty loyal fanbase yes.

Alot of my friends that like Galactic Civilization2, Xcom and Homeworld love Sins Of A solar Empire.

It wont sell as many copies or have as many people online playing as say COD or Halo but its still a fantastic series (That has won a ton of awards). I don tplay a ton of hte online versus myself, I love the singeplayer personally. But some of my friends that all they play is this series online say its never hard to find a game :P

I know that wiseboi is a fan of the series on this site :P

#4 Posted by Yagnav (6107 posts) -

Love the game, but its starting to show its age now. Best if they just gave us Sins 2 with the unknown enemy as the 4th faction. Then again how do you top a game that is perfect in almost every way ? Graphically perhaps....

Anyway, got the heads up on the patch via email, downloading it now, cant wait....but damn getting back into Sins, your social life takes a big hit :P

#5 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
i dont mean to break the game, or say bad words, but, is there really people that play this kind of games ? is there a count for them, is its MP alive. Shatilov
They've got a popularity among a niche audience. The Sins games have all done very well, hence this being the fourth installment.
#6 Posted by robertlie (866 posts) -

Wooo! That piece of news just gave me an excuse to postpone a lot of stuff i didn't want to do. Good times!