BF3 will be the best multiplayer game ever after....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

some polish.

The game has everything it needs to be the best but it's just a tad unfinished imo. It's good fun and looks amazing but could have used a bit more time in development imo.

Anyone else feel this way?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Unfortunately, yes. It's still THE BEST multiplayer right now, and will be 10x better than MW3's multiplayer, but it does need some work. Once API tools are working for servers the game will be a thousand times more enjoyable.

Emraldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Emraldo
Member since 2004 • 1959 Posts

This makes me feel better about waiting until Christmas to pick it up.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
After playing BF3 on my brother's computer, I'm still convinced that RO2 is my FPS game of the year.
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

Unfortunately, yes. It's still THE BEST multiplayer right now, and will be 10x better than MW3's multiplayer, but it does need some work. Once API tools are working for servers the game will be a thousand times more enjoyable.

airshocker
How can you say it will be 10x better than a game that isn't even out yet?........
BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

bblundell

How can you say it will be 10x better than a game that isn't even out yet?........

Because it's COD:MW...I tend to think he's probably right.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
[QUOTE="airshocker"]

bblundell

Well most PC gamers wouldn't give COD a single chance at this point, so as far as they're concerned, MW3 could be the game that sprouts legs and walks on water and it will still be the worst game made of all time, to them anyway. This might be far out there, but one could, perhaps, hypothesize that he pre-ordered the Back to the Future game and as part of his pre-order bonus he got a real working time machine, he went to the future, stuck his middle finger at an IW dev, spat at people for enjoying MW3 multi, and then came back and time to finalize his conclusion, or so I assume all PC gamers have done something along these lines, but some time normalization effects occurred resulting in the events of people pre ordering Back to the Future being erased from our time line.
supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

The multiplayer is just amazing, there are some server related issues though that I expect will be resolved in the coming week or so, other than that its amazing

supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

[QUOTE="bblundell"][QUOTE="airshocker"]

Zubinen

Well most PC gamers wouldn't give COD a single chance at this point, so as far as they're concerned, MW3 could be the game that sprouts legs and walks on water and it will still be the worst game made of all time, to them anyway. This might be far out there, but one could, perhaps, hypothesize that he pre-ordered the Back to the Future game and as part of his pre-order bonus he got a real working time machine, he went to the future, stuck his middle finger at an IW dev, spat at people for enjoying MW3 multi, and then came back and time to finalize his conclusion, or so I assume all PC gamers have done something along these lines, but some time normalization effects occurred resulting in the events of people pre ordering Back to the Future being erased from our time line.

Hahaha.. what just happened here....

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

bblundell

The CoD series has kind of turned into "the sun will come out tomorrow." While no one is for certain of what can happen the next day, it's still a very good chance that the sun will rise once again - just as CoD will still stay the same with each release.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

We'll see what MW3 is like when that releases. BF3 is very good, but one of the things that stopped me from playing BC2 and what might start annoying me at some point is no matter how good you do or how hard you try, sometimes your team just gets steamrolled anyway, or you have so many people playing sniper and not even trying to help out with the objectives.

Atleast with MW3, it's much easier to carry a crappy team. I imagine it's because the games are smaller. When you're one of 9 instead of one of 16 or 32, your actions have more of an impact.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
Does BF3 have lean? I am away from PC, i don't remember seeing it...
momunoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 momunoy
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts

EA Origin & Battlelog make me boring :(

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

I agree.

People are saying that MW3 will be less buggy and whatnot, when in reality BF3 will pretty much be "fixed", when MW3 is launched.

THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

I honestly can't wait until people start pumping out mods although that will be awhile. I played more Project Reality for Battlefield 2 than the original game itself.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

I honestly can't wait until people start pumping out mods although that will be awhile. I played more Project Reality for Battlefield 2 than the original game itself.

THGarrett
Don't count on it.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#17 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

airshocker

Lol no way it's better than Quake Live.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#18 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Yup, its still the best around atm by a long shot but.. there definatly needs to be a few patches. Which I am sure we will get.

I am still having a blast though on COnquest with friends its fantastic, the map design is awesome.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
[QUOTE="airshocker"]

bblundell

Do you really think MW3 is going to be any different multiplayer wise then MW2 or 1 or black ops? No its going to be the exact same game with a slightly different campaign, and some new perks. Anyone who has played cod 4-6 knows that it'll be the same game.
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#20 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts
Considering that enough information about MW3 has been released to safely assume that it is more or less identical to every other COD game, BF3 more than deserves to carry the title of best multiplyer. Sadly, due to the sheer volume of players who are going to be on MW3 which will inevitably overshadow BF3's user base, it will have a louder voice but will be completely undeserving of such a title. Simply put, Battlefield has soul - Modern Warefare does not.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
After playing BF3 on my brother's computer, I'm still convinced that RO2 is my FPS game of the year.SF_KiLLaMaN
I was convinced after playing the BF3 beta :P I couldn't help but feel that BF3 was rather stale.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts
[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]After playing BF3 on my brother's computer, I'm still convinced that RO2 is my FPS game of the year.KHAndAnime
I was convinced after playing the BF3 beta :P I couldn't help but feel that BF3 was rather stale.

You are making me mad.
kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
QuakeWorld is still the best multiplayer game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kT_WGrL3Fs
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
[QUOTE="kdawg88"]QuakeWorld is still the best multiplayer game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kT_WGrL3Fs

If I had robotic arms and hands, I'd be inclined to agree.
dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts
lol. A polished EA game? As much as I love their franchises, the most recent game from EA that I can remember atm that would be considered "polished" is Burnout Paradise.
Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Former_Slacker
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

[QUOTE="THGarrett"]

DevilMightCry

Don't count on it.

Actually DICE is considering it now, for the first time. DICE has never released mod tools before but they are considering it now. But mod tools will be pointless unless people can control servers too, which EA will likely not allow.

dmcguk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dmcguk
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts

BF2 is still the better game imo

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I thought RO2 was a complete mess, played it for 30 minutes then uninstalled it, dont like getting tagged half way across the map by the same guy despite where I run, was just frustrating play. I like tactical games but RO2 was just frustrating, felt like a demo not a full game.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I thought RO2 was a complete mess, played it for 30 minutes then uninstalled it, dont like getting tagged half way across the map by the same guy despite where I run, was just frustrating play. I like tactical games but RO2 was just frustrating, felt like a demo not a full game.V4LENT1NE
You thought it was a mess because you got killed from a long distance by the same guy twice? lol. RO2 is a lot more realistic. you have to be careful where you go and make sure you are out of site of an enemy position. It's not a game to run around like BF3 and CoD.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

[QUOTE="bblundell"][QUOTE="airshocker"]

Zubinen

Or simply, most PC gamers have had enough of IW's and Acti's s**t, not having dedicated on MW2, BLOPS being the mess it was and the fiasco with dedis on MW3. Plus, PC gamers tend to be more informed about games in general, so they realise that they alread propably played MW3 if the have played MW or MW2. Not a time machine. It's called learning from past events/trends.