This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2782 posts) -

Guys, Im fairly new and inexperienced with the M/KB control set up and really want to get BF3 on PC, but I am terrified that I will just get frustrated with this control scheme. Is there any chance that DICE will have an option to use a XBOX 360 control scheme. Or do I just need to suck it up and get better with M/KB?

#2 Posted by bb0ymc (157 posts) -

yes you can you an xbox 360 pc controller with bf3...but trust me fist person shooters are played ALOT better on mouse and keyboard, i know it might seem a bit strange at first but stick with it, it shouldnt take too long to get used to and once you do you wont want to go back to a controller.

#3 Posted by yemen_headshot (514 posts) -
I guess you can use a controller to play the SP but for the MP I really Recommend to use K&M
#4 Posted by the_mitch28 (4684 posts) -

You'll get more frustrated playing MP with a Gamepad when you get destroyed constantly by everyone using M&KB

#5 Posted by harshv82 (1120 posts) -

You'll get more frustrated playing MP with a Gamepad when you get destroyed constantly by everyone using M&KB

the_mitch28

That's exactly what I was thinking about. But I'm gonna try that to see how much difference does KB/M have. I've been gaming on KB/M for years, I'd justhave to practice the controller. :?

#6 Posted by Bruin1986 (1629 posts) -

You're going to REALLY want to get used to using KB/M for control. One of the reason that FPS games are so much better on PC (besides power) is that the control is so much more fluid and precise. That's because PC FPS games don't need auto-aim like their console brethren. If you try to use controllers in multiplayer...well just say that it's not going to be pretty.

#7 Posted by SBmasta441 (26 posts) -

I'd say just practice more with the keyboard and mouse. You will have a serious disadvantage over people who are using it if you use the xbox controller. Also In my opinion it's just better for FPS's.

#8 Posted by bonafidetk (3911 posts) -
You will be able to use a controller but in multiplayer you will get slaughtered. There wont be autoaim like consoles. There was a crap storm last time a game tried autoaim which was Crysis 2, which was EA published. They wont make that mistake again.
#9 Posted by Zubinen (2555 posts) -

BF3 isn't even going to be playable with a controller considering the controls aren't as good as they could be(maybe they are if you consider the graphics) since only a KB + mouse can compensate for imperfect controls. DICE knew they had PC gamers by the balls so they just went ahead with making the game as pretty as possible with no worry about how well the game handles since a kb+mouse always works well while for people that use controllers, don't even bother with BF3, it's a KB+mouse exclusive as far as you should be concerned.

#10 Posted by bonafidetk (3911 posts) -

BF3 isn't even going to be playable with a controller considering the controls aren't as good as they could be(maybe they are if you consider the graphics) since only a KB + mouse can compensate for imperfect controls. DICE knew they had PC gamers by the balls so they just went ahead with making the game as pretty as possible with no worry about how well the game handles since a kb+mouse always works well while for people that use controllers, don't even bother with BF3, it's a KB+mouse exclusive as far as you should be concerned.

Zubinen
what is wrong with BF3 KB&M? It was perfect in the alpha. Im not sure what you're driving at here.
#11 Posted by Bikouchu35 (8181 posts) -

Gamepad for flying vehicles!? hmm?

#12 Posted by mhofever (3960 posts) -

After playing the alpha, let me tell you this. Good luck with the Gamepad. I salute you if you can get even one kill with it :P.

#13 Posted by covertgamer78 (1032 posts) -
Gamepads work well with some PC games, this won't be one of them. Not in MP.