bf3 campaign...cod like?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

just beat it, and god it felt like i was playing cod, dont get me wrong, i like cod a lot, but all the short range combat, a stealth mission thrown in there and the cover is hardly derstuctable, i sat there for 2 minutes firing a grenade launcher at the same damn tree and it didnt fall, i recall only once driving a vehicle and that was the tank, there is a lot of 4v1000000000 (and winning).

just an observation

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts

just beat it, and god it felt like i was playing cod, dont get me wrong, i like cod a lot, but all the short range combat, a stealth mission thrown in there and the cover is hardly derstuctable, i sat there for 2 minutes firing a grenade launcher at the same damn tree and it didnt fall, i recall only once driving a vehicle and that was the tank, there is a lot of 4v1000000000 (and winning).

just an observation

laliberte11
I'm not sure what the deal was with it but I guess it was the silent protagonist is unstoppable trope although we also had a female protagonist IIIRC... Just that in any case, the player character did not speak at all outside of cutscenes which was a bit awkward for me, especially at the part where jets shoot down two allies. It's an alright first attempt considering they were trying to show off the visuals of BF3 moreso than deliver proper campaign gameplay and the only real gripe I had is that the AI in both the campaign and coop is frustrating and effectively nonexistent. When you pay $60 for the game, it's for the multiplayer mode, the single player and coop are thought of as free DLC by most players it seems, but the plot of the campaign itself is pretty neat, especially if you check out the book which really puts everything together: http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Andy-McNab-Peter-Grimsdale/dp/1455508926
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Campaign was average. I wouldn't recommend wasting your time on it.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
Definitely. Didn't like the beginning much until I reached the jet copilot part, that was awesome. After that, I just focused on multiplayer.
Geosisnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Geosisnl
Member since 2009 • 143 Posts

What, since when did CoD invent the single player campaigns?

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

I have not yet finished SP of BF3 yet, but what I have played is actually pretty good.

Not sure why all the hate. This game does not even need a SP. BF2 was playing against bots for gods sakes.

But I do agree, it is very COD like which is a good thing since I always liked the COD SP.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
the entire story and the structure of it seemed like that of a call of duty game. the only way it was bearable was because of how bf3 felt.