BF3 beta ends... the best parts...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

godonholiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 godonholiday
Member since 2009 • 379 Posts

I want to know what you got up to on the beta? Flying loops in the jest? Going on 10 man kill streak?

I i know there are some complaints, but thats for a different post.

I want to keep it positive! :-)

The most fun I had was in the underground section of Metro, fighting to take B. I love that side of the map.

Also Caspian border, I focused on the hill top and the forest to start with but then started to include the checkpoint. Highlight.... a lot more wins than losses :-)

You?

threeplusfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 threeplusfour
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Got to be the jokes in the jets! Metro subway was just great fun fighting for that middle corridor on the second set of MCOMS.

Really really looking forward to the full release!

osiris667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 osiris667
Member since 2005 • 484 Posts

B was always the most exciting part to capture in both underground sections. I had so much fun with the EOD bot down there, watching other people's reaction was priceless.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Best part of the beta was getting Caspian all weekend on PC only. I had so much fun on just that one map and game mode. Also scaring the crap out of guys with jets. Flying right over their head or making it crash in front of them while you parachute down and catch them off guard

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I was only able to enter into one game. Every single other time I could never connect. I tried a bunch of things, but ultimately I think it was my university's internet. In Bad Company 2, I can't connect to any servers, so I think it has to do with EA.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
Watching people trying to fly jets was hilarious, myself included. I had so much fun, it was also unreal to see people on level 30+ :o
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I thought it was odd to see so many people above level 30 myself - I mean, do these people not have lives? I only reached level 6, and I only played the beta for a grand total of five hours (have been busy with tests and whatnot).

godonholiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 godonholiday

I honestly viewed a profile that had 31 hours of game play! That was before caspian border?! It was on one map and one game type?! Man how bored would you get?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I thought it was odd to see so many people above level 30 myself - I mean, do these people not have lives? I only reached level 6, and I only played the beta for a grand total of five hours (have been busy with tests and whatnot).

The_Capitalist

That may be how it seems but I got to level 30 and I played the beta for maybe an hour a day sometimes more at weekends. But the levelling system is WAY too fast the way it is. Considering in BC2 on PS3 I got to maybe level 35 after LOTS of playing and im still pretty low on PC cos I don't have it as long

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

sadly i didn't fly any aircraft, but i loved the beta and both maps were good. I thought the middle corridor was also great on metro station. :D

I also liked sniping on caspian border.

killeer2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 killeer2007
Member since 2004 • 793 Posts

Best part of the beta was getting Caspian all weekend on PC only. I had so much fun on just that one map and game mode. Also scaring the crap out of guys with jets. Flying right over their head or making it crash in front of them while you parachute down and catch them off guard

seanmcloughlin

Some guy tried to kill me by flying a jet straight at me, too bad for him it went straight through me and i still shoot him after he landed. Also lol at me trying to fly the jet I didn't realize you're supposed to use the arrow keys: I was like wtf how am i supposed to turn in this thing.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Best part was knifing people.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Train station section in Metro is amazing. Being the gunner in a helicopter and the pilot jumped out LOL. Shooting my friends who are on the opposite side and bragging to them at work the next day.

godonholiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 godonholiday

Oh and I also love the panic fire when you run around jump down or run around a corner, everyone is just so on edge. I loved the jets, trying to fly as low as possible without crashing. Quality

Cant wait for new maps.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
Metro sucked, Caspian was amazing. I didn't like that they kept squad spawning in but oh well, i can live with it.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts
I owned it up with mobile aa last night. Think I'm in love with how awesome it is.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Getting a building I was hiding on the Antenna flag on Caspian Border blown apart by a jet streaking down. Was aiming at a tank passing by and then boom! Shell shock, red screen, and 3/4 of the building gone. It was just so awesome. Defending flags in BF3 became exciting once again :P
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

I was only able to enter into one game. Every single other time I could never connect. I tried a bunch of things, but ultimately I think it was my university's internet. In Bad Company 2, I can't connect to any servers, so I think it has to do with EA.

cain006
I had issues with that as well......I just kept attempting to connect until I found one. Lag was such a problem for me. It was amazing that I was even able to play. I have a highspeed connection, and the pings show low in the horrendous battlelog.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

Getting a building I was hiding on the Antenna flag on Caspian Border blown apart by a jet streaking down. Was aiming at a tank passing by and then boom! Shell shock, red screen, and 3/4 of the building gone. It was just so awesome. Defending flags in BF3 became exciting once again :Pthe_ChEeSe_mAn2
Defending flags is beautiful and extremely intense. The ramp up of intensity from Battlefield 2 and BC2 is awesome. It feels vicious and overwhelming in the best ways

The sound effects are absolutely gorgeous.

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts
though I mostly hated that open area in OM map.. the "hiding in the bush" game sometimes was alot of fun. crawling meters through a bush & shooting enemies who're crawling in the same bush.. good funny moments.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NoodleFighter  Online
Member since 2011 • 11815 Posts

I never got to fly a jet :cry:

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
I know the worst part.. People blinding you with the flashlights on their guns, EVEN IN DAYLIGHT... Oo
-Wolfy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Wolfy-
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts

NoodleFighter
I made a video of some of my jet footage enjoy it, it sure was fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9JzBaStOew
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
I know the worst part.. People blinding you with the flashlights on their guns, EVEN IN DAYLIGHT... Oosuperclocked
Got to love people who like to expose themselves...
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

[QUOTE="superclocked"]I know the worst part.. People blinding you with the flashlights on their guns, EVEN IN DAYLIGHT... Oomitu123
Got to love people who like to expose themselves...

yeh i found it good for long distances when sniping them, but at close range it blinds you and you sometimes don't even realise it is a teammate because it makes the name tag a lot harder to see, which would be a problem if friendly fire was on.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

taking out tanks....engie is so much fun in BF3, now that they get access to better weapons systems and gadgets

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
The.....nah I got nothing, it was fun doing "fun" stuff just like in any other game that offers you these possibilities, I put C4 on jets and tanks, to make sure there's a big boom when either the players are dead or the vehicles are abandoned (fall from the sky) and enemies are nearby.
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

A heli fly back and forth and shooting at my tank and almost blow up my tank but then it low down a bit then....BAM! I shoot it down lol. Love to use tank to shoot down heli in BC2 and now BF3: D.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Using the MLG for the first time and realizing how OP it actually is, though i enjoyed killing multiple enemies trying to capture the flag i was currently defending.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

To be truthful, I didn't enjoy the beta all that much except for the subway fights. What I played of caspian border, it was too laggy to enjoy... and on operation metro, the bullet lag/hit detection issues got annoying pretty quick. Shooting someone and having them not lose health, dying after you go behind solid cover that couldn't've been shot through.

I can see where they're going with the game, though.. and I hope they get all the issues fixed up for release. I've had it preordered for ages. I'll spend my time with the retail game... I can never really get into games that have unlocks knowing that I'll just have to do it all over again :)

spacedog1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 spacedog1973
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

Placing claymore in some choke points then running off in the other direction to get some kills, to later have 100points Enemy Down! flash on my screen as some poor slob runs over one of my claymores i placed and forgot about. fun times

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
bugs aside, best multiplayer shooter i've ever played.
Requem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Requem
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

The game was very buggy and almost unplayable for me. It maybe because of my computer, yet I could play Bad Company 2 with much ease.

Anyway the most hilarious thing I saw while trying to play was sliding and shooting corpses. I mean some actually alive people seemed as corpses to me, sliding on the ground. The creepy thing was their foor animation was still intact yet horizonal to the ground, revealing some creepy but hilarious sights.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#35 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Probably when me and some other guy were on a rocky outcrop firing RPGs in tandem at a tank a good 200m away in the field. So satisfying to see it explode and get some kills - we were under machine gun fire. Another one was coming up the hill toward the Russian spawn, seeing the AA vehicle and disabling it. Guy gets out and takes down my teammate but I get him - then I wander back down and see three guys in prone facing the checkpoint, 3 stabs later. Oh and the time I took down a chopper with an RPG flying overhead.
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

NoodleFighter

:cry: same here.

A few key moments moments? -Knifing a guy from behind while 3-4 of my team mates were shooting at him, and watching me do so :twisted:

-Disabling a tank to watch every one hop out and try to either repair or run, gun them down and reign down on them with my new tank :D

-Being blinded by flashlights

-Knifing a guy that just spawned off his team mate, then his spawnee

-I love the detail in the ammo and health kits. Not sure if it was like this in previous BF games, but a lot more appealing than small boxes

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
For me it'd be pwning with the AA, only against vehicles and infantry. Oh and getting called for "camping" with AA when I was only shooting at jets/helis. I was outside of our base by the rocks trying to stay near cover. its freakin AA your suppose to be out of the fight "camping" if you want to call it that. Someone called me on it though so I ran around and went like 13-0 lol. Its a fun game but I hope they change some things. Along with jets being too weak they can also be way to powerful. One map I hopped in AA and about as soon as I got in 2 jets took turns firing missiles at me, even though I had smoke it didn't seem to matter, they would attack, I repaired and no later than I had gotten back in I was hit again, that continued and i couldnt really get shots off to take them out. give credit to the pilots but with the way the ammo and damage system is I could find that getting frustrating sometimes.
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
Oh and the time I took down a chopper with an RPG flying overhead.nutcrackr
I can't ever do it with an RPG but I love doing it with a tank. I did it in bf2, bf1943 against the jets and had an epic shot on bfbc on rush mode, i was in a tank by the crates and the blackhawk was flying clear over at our spawn, I tried to predict where he was gonna fly, took a lead on my shot and aimed up and fired, 2 seconds later BAM! knocked him out of the sky. Already have a couple chopper kills on bf3 with the tank :)
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

To be truthful, I didn't enjoy the beta all that much except for the subway fights. What I played of caspian border, it was too laggy to enjoy... and on operation metro, the bullet lag/hit detection issues got annoying pretty quick. Shooting someone and having them not lose health, dying after you go behind solid cover that couldn't've been shot through.

I can see where they're going with the game, though.. and I hope they get all the issues fixed up for release. I've had it preordered for ages. I'll spend my time with the retail game... I can never really get into games that have unlocks knowing that I'll just have to do it all over again :)

MyopicCanadian
Man, one of the worst things that bugged me most about the beta but I know will never get fixed is the player's death animation. It's absolutely the worst I've experienced in a FPS. *get shot* *screen rotates 90 degrees* *reach out with hand* *spawn* *get shot* *repeat* They sure got a bunch of Einsteins working at DICE.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
What I liked? Silenced UMP, nuff said.