Best Stalker Mods ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts
I've recently completed the game...awesome, but hard. I've been browsing around on Filefront and Fileplanet etc looking at the various mods there are for this game. Some seem cool, but its all a little overwhelming. Are there any mods in particular that anyone would recommend for this game?
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#2 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I have not played this game - I wish there was a demo of it. How does it play? Did you have to patch it?

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
Patching Stalker is essential, not just for using mods but for playing them game as well.
RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 RedDanDoc
Member since 2005 • 3720 Posts
I played that ABC inferno mod but didnt like it ,the mod seemed too over ambitious and clearly wasnt finished. Falaikes mod seemed ok but the mod creator took it upon himself to retexture every thing which was a bad idea. It looked like an 8 year old had been let loose in a Crayola Factory. Infact the retexturing in Falaikes mod was so bad that the game was not worth playing it looked a mess. The only mod i would go for is the one where you can buy any weapon at the very begining of the game.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#5 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
You might want to try out one of the numerous weapon/armor repair mods.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

I have not played this game - I wish there was a demo of it. How does it play? Did you have to patch it?

biggest_loser

I run the game without any patches and it runs perfectly with no bugs/problems. STALKER is an amazing game and definately worth playing.

DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts

biggest_loser

It's one of my all time favourite PC games. It's not as free roaming as it was initially hyped but its certainly not linear Think Oblivion but sectioned off into zones! The are various side quests for different factions that you can follow or you can follow the main quests. I understand there are various endings, but so far I have only experienced one.

The atmosphere in the game, the part that everyone hypes Stalker up with is certainly lives up to its name. The whole environment is beautifully rendered with realistic eastern Europe foilage dring the winter. It's grim, depressing and all the buildings whether industrial or residential are in ruin.

The lighting works brilliantly with the textures and bump mapping giving a very 3d feel to every surface and the artistic style plays greatly with dark areas broken up with a fire in a burning barrel casting real time shadows all around it!

The majority of the outdoor areas feel very lonely and as if they have been abandoned for a long time. You get the crackle of radiation, corpses, rain and weired packs of dogs and other animals running around. Eventually, you'll come across some dark empty buildings here and there, but you'll be wary of going in and investigating them. The game story will inevitably force you to investigate some of these darker locations along with some very dark and quiet underground locations. You'll hear very strange unerving sounds in the darkness and run into things that will scare the b-jesus out of you....if you're anything like me!! :?

The combat is every bit as free and open ended as the environment you explore. The, weapons, items and equipment all have as much stats as a real rpg and yet the combat is as fluid as the best fps!

Without spoilers, that is as much as I can say! One bit of advice, just have patience with the beginning!

Avatar image for RodinaRossija38
RodinaRossija38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 RodinaRossija38
Member since 2008 • 190 Posts
Best mod is Oblivion Lost 2.2. Period. I have played through the majority of all the famous mods including Faikes, Priboi (which was good though), Trader, Sila, etc.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
Best mod is Oblivion Lost 2.2. Period. I have played through the majority of all the famous mods including Faikes, Priboi (which was good though), Trader, Sila, etc.RodinaRossija38
Thanks for helping in the ressurection!
arijit_2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 arijit_2404
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

Rattlesnake_8

I run the game without any patches and it runs perfectly with no bugs/problems. STALKER is an amazing game and definately worth playing.

I've not played STALKER - SoC but I have STALKER-CS. I will play it first then will move to SoC. In my case I needed to patch "Clear Sky". But patch 1.5.07 made this game almost perfect. I've not faced any crash/lock-up/freeze while playing the game. Nonetheless, once patch has been done this game will give you immense pleasure.
Don't miss this game guys.

I have used "cs_mechanic_upgrades_everything", "easystartdetectormod", "flashlightrangemod", "healing_bandages_and_medkits_stop_bleedings" - these four mods. It makes the game bit easier but using these mods - I've played in VETERAN difficulty level.

Also I'm bit uncomfortable with FPS games (I prefer RTS/RPG :)), so these mods made me possible to complete the game I liked a lot.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I hope I won't get modded for this... but there's a certain STALKER - Custom Edition floating around the web...

This  CUSTOM EDITION  was built  from the ground up  and conatins an 
implementation of over a dozen differnet mods, all based upon one
large mod referred to as Nuclear Snow. This mod is a complete overhaul
of the look of the game and was referenced by the movie "Sin City".
After this version was given its new look, over a dozen other mods
were rescripted to 'jive' with STALKERS new look.
Heres a list of a few of the other mods & fixes 
used aside from Nuclear Snow:

Balance Mod, Realisitcs Weapons Mod, Tweaked Blood Mod, several Audio
Fixes, Nights Mod, Real Gun Names Mod, Carry Mod, Lighting Mods,
Weather Mods, Multiple Hi- Resolution Mods, amongst many others...
BIG thanks to the mod community and especially Nuclear Snow's Author.
If you already have the original game, give this Custom Edition a try, it's quite awesome. 
purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts

I recommend Oblivion Lost.

If you don't go with that the nuclearwinter model pack is amazing imo. It adds a depth of creepyness to the game.