Best Solo Class - Age of Conan?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

I know nothing about the game - my download is still in progress. (Oh, the agony!)

The one thing I have a tough time with in MMOs is finding a group to play with - so I always try to solo.

This is the reason I stopped playing The Lord of the Rings Online: I just couldn't advance on my own, and got sick and tired of trying to find somebody who would group with me. I tend to get grouped with seven year old kids anyhow, who don't seem to understand the basics of combat... they'll always run off in some random direction... and I'll end up following them... then after five minutes of running, we'll stop, and I'll ask where we're going... and they won't respond, as though I was a fool in the first place for following them... then, usually, while I'm waiting for them to say something.... anything... they'll log off, and their character will just disappear... and I'll end up standing there in the middle of nowhere like a fool. It's great. It's like one big game, really.

So which class is the best solo class? (I doubt I'll ever advance beyond level 30 - no game has ever held me for more than 50 hours, except maybe for Oblivion.)

My understanding is that Conan excels at Melee combat - so I suppose I should choose a Melee character, yes? Jesus, I don't even have a manual.

Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

Hey, WTF?

Conan, on Steam, isn't selling for $10 anymore - it's now up to $20? Was it on sale for just a few days? Oh, jesus, I hadn't realized it was a sale. Wow, thanks to the guy who pointed the deal out for me. Awesome.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19600 Posts

Hey, WTF?

Conan, on Steam, isn't selling for $10 anymore - it's now up to $20? Was it on sale for just a few days? Oh, jesus, I hadn't realized it was a sale. Wow, thanks to the guy who pointed the deal out for me. Awesome.

Charles_Dickens

Yah, it was on sale for a week, ending...a few hours ago, I guess. :p

As for your question, I have no idea since I've never played it, but I've heard that the...Conan-equivalent of healing priests were actually extremely powerful, at least when the game launched.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
I played a Conqueror, and I had no problem soloing to 80. Bear Shaman is a healer/melee mix, might be what you want.
Tagerh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tagerh
Member since 2009 • 996 Posts

I heared pretty much all classes are equal in age of conan

contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
1.5 patch is coming so certain classes are being changed but typically only in the first few levels will some classes have trouble going it solo. Just go with your gut and if you need a analysis heres this topic from the aoc forum quick useful information on all the classes. http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=183322
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
Cant go wrong with Ranger. Very nice dps + range. Medium armor. Can also use sword/shield for melee. Has nice CCs (traps, snare, root). Plus, as a ranger, you have a very nifty advantage in PVP (if you are playing on such server). You can stealth for protection plus you can detect and TRACK other stealthers. You also have a first hit guarantee so you get to choose who, where and when you fight.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
You should probably specify whether you mean PVP or PVE. For PVE, necromancers are easy mode and can solo with no problem pretty much from level 1 to level 80. They also can also hold their own in pvp. For PVP, ESPECIALLY if you're not going to go past level 30, rangers are great solo. Those lower levels (20-30ish), rangers are way OP in pvp. I'm sure they are fairly decent at pve solo, I haven't really seen a class that can't pve to an extent. To be honest though, I would choose what class seems most interesting to you. All the classes are decent solo'ers both pve and pvp.