best small games to play on laptop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dragonballz4 (645 posts) -
I am talking about games like Castle crashers,braid,super meat boy,world of goo,terraria and limbo. the game should be less than 300mb or 500 mb max and i will be playing with trackpad. any recommendations?
#2 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24599 posts) -
spiral knights
#3 Posted by robertlie (866 posts) -

I usually play HOMM 3 and older turn based strategy games on my laptop.

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (36675 posts) -
Cave Story is awesome
#5 Posted by Daizengar (45 posts) -
Not sure exactly how big it is, but it's an older game. X-Com: UFO Defense. It's a turn-based strategy game simulating a UFO invasion on Earth. Very, VERY challenging and very time consuming. Another game I'd suggest is one of the classic Fallout games. They're pretty small, IIRC, and are also turn based. Great roleplaying games, and again, classics.
#6 Posted by ShadowRun02 (72 posts) -

spelunky, an amazing freeware cave adventure (like cave story buut better)

and stealth bastard (free as well), imagine supermeatboy only harder and using stealth and shadows as well as wall jumping and all that, it's a stealth game only so much faster and harder.

#7 Posted by Pvt_r3d (7901 posts) -
You should try Battle For Wesnoth. It's a free turn-based strategy game in the veins of Fire Emblem.
#8 Posted by Mr_Strange (25 posts) -

I'm going to list great games which don't suffer from the reduced scale of a laptop:

Moonbase Commander

Magi

Spectromancer

Dungeons of Dredmor

Legend of Grimrock

Everyday Shooter

SpaceChem

Puzzle Quest

Shadowgrounds

#9 Posted by FelipeInside (28475 posts) -
[QUOTE="dragonballz4"]I am talking about games like Castle crashers,braid,super meat boy,world of goo,terraria and limbo. the game should be less than 300mb or 500 mb max and i will be playing with trackpad. any recommendations?

Angry Birds Plants vs Zombies
#10 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24599 posts) -

[QUOTE="dragonballz4"]I am talking about games like Castle crashers,braid,super meat boy,world of goo,terraria and limbo. the game should be less than 300mb or 500 mb max and i will be playing with trackpad. any recommendations?FelipeInside

gross

#11 Posted by Mr_Strange (25 posts) -

Plants vs ZombiesFelipeInside

Second Plants vs Zombies.

#12 Posted by dragonballz4 (645 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="dragonballz4"]I am talking about games like Castle crashers,braid,super meat boy,world of goo,terraria and limbo. the game should be less than 300mb or 500 mb max and i will be playing with trackpad. any recommendations?

already played both :D
#13 Posted by kidpro07 (25 posts) -

The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb

They Bleed Pixels

noitu love 2

to the moon ( greatstory :D )

Closure

Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams ( ~ 1GB )

The Legend of Princess

Little Inferno

Puddle

Squids

Fieldrunner

#14 Posted by alan_carter (1404 posts) -

Deus ex, broken sword, need for speed high stakes, diablo 2. I always carry those in my netbook.

#15 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4867 posts) -

I'd say indie games except even those seem to be system hogs these days. Besides, all the best ones are console exclusive anyway...

#16 Posted by sniperboyz (27 posts) -

Towns

first playing it i thought its kinda lame, but after u get (understand) the game, its really nice. I just realized that I already played it for 50 hours in 2 weeks not playing it everyday..its quite addictive...! Well if ur creative and u like building up civilizations, etc... its a great game to play!