#2 Edited by MonsieurX (38355 posts) -

Divinity 2

Witcher 3

Wasteland 2

Pillars of Eternity 1-2

Tyranny

Torment: Tides of Numeria

#3 Posted by Vaidream45 (1412 posts) -

If you’re into Final Fantasy there’s lots of options on Steam. Personally 9&10 remaster are great.

#4 Posted by MasterHand (37 posts) -

@vaidream45: Currently i'm playing FFVII

#5 Posted by Vaidream45 (1412 posts) -

@masterhand: nice. I love 7 but 9 is my all time fav. Check it out if you havent yet.

#6 Posted by MasterHand (37 posts) -

@vaidream45: What order do you recommend me to play the FF saga?

#7 Posted by Vaidream45 (1412 posts) -

@masterhand: me personally would go 6,7,9, then 10. 8 is pretty divided and I actually gave up on that one half way but lots of others love it.

#8 Edited by MasterHand (37 posts) -

@vaidream45: Well, when i finish ff7 im going to play the 6

#9 Posted by pyro1245 (4242 posts) -

CrossCode

#10 Edited by Yams1980 (3011 posts) -

If you want an old school rpg with advanced skill gaining system and great unmatched voice acting talent you could try Wizardry 8. Its turn based. Probably the hardest turn based rpgs i've played. Don't even think about playing anything above the lowest difficulty though, its just too frustrating with the non stop status effects and 1 shot kills they do to you. In Sirtech games, easiest difficulty is equivilent of normal/hard mode in regular games.

Also don't use the 3dfx glide wrapper that comes with the game, it causes videos to crash. I'd use the games 3dsetup.exe, tell it to use directx7, then download dgVoodoo 2, which is not only a glide wrapper but also a directx wrapper that can convert old directx into directx11 and lets you pick any resolution you want.

#12 Posted by Vaidream45 (1412 posts) -

@masterhand: nice! 6 is regarded by many as the best ever. For some reason I still love 9 the most. 10 is much more linear but still somehow very good. Very emotional story. I hear Chrono Trigger is up there too but I have only played a few hours of it so I can’t really say. Started out great though.

#13 Posted by MasterHand (37 posts) -

@Yams1980: I'm gonna give it a try

#14 Edited by MasterHand (37 posts) -

@vaidream45: I was thinking to play chrono trigger, chrono cross and vagrant story too.

#15 Posted by jackcurran01 (8 posts) -

iPhone

#16 Posted by MasterHand (37 posts) -

@jackcurran01: wut