Best place to buy custom built gaming rigs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts
I'm currently looking for a gaming pc around the 1000-1500 price range, I'm not interested in building it myself but I would like to choose the components, I'm in Australia so everything is probably more expensive compared to the people who live in US or UK, Does anyone know which is the cheapest to buy custom gaming rigs? Im currently looking at Nirv and they're pretty good but are there any other companies which can offer a better deal? Thanks for the help
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Might check out some of the custom systems on newegg. That'd be my only suggestion. Seriously though. Consider building it yourself. It's nowhere near as hard as people think, getting easier all the time, and you'll save HUNDREDS.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Might check out some of the custom systems on newegg. That'd be my only suggestion. Seriously though. Consider building it yourself. It's nowhere near as hard as people think, getting easier all the time, and you'll save HUNDREDS.

the_bi99man

newegg doesnt ship there

TC try pccasegearhere i did some work for you alrdy:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1411&products_id=22418

that will play any game @ max settings @ 720p (omitting ones that cant be maxed out by any system but thats more of a problem for everyone not just you)

then all you need is a mouse, keyboard, monitor, speakers/headset

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ionusX

the_bi99man

is AUS. case no it wont closer to $50 - 75 which isnt very much b/c their inflation on currency is cr@ptacular

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

As ionus said, PCCG is good but a lot of PC shops, CPL, MSY etc have a building fee for like $70, you select everything and they build it, then go pick it up.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

ionusX

is AUS. case no it wont closer to $50 - 75 which isnt very much b/c their inflation on currency is cr@ptacular

Ah. Are prices/currency conversions all weird down under? I'd believe that. haha.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

Ah. Are prices/currency conversions all weird down under? I'd believe that. haha.

they are. basically take the US ur total price and tack on 200 - 250 bucks

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
As ionusX said, PCCG is very good. They only charge a ~$50 build fee.
Skilled_Tactix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Skilled_Tactix
Member since 2012 • 112 Posts

Come to the DIY side, we save hundreds!

Unless you're to lasy to build it yourself, whatever you do, i wouldn't really trust i buy power to buy a computer from, sure they work and they're for gaming, but i feel they charge a little too much for each component you put in.

aesir05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 aesir05
Member since 2003 • 94 Posts

Try scorptec as well

www.scorptec.com.au

both pccg and scorptec better than centrecom and msy as far as my personal experience goes with em

whirpool has a sticky thread on a $1k gaming pc in their desktop forum as well

Kendog87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kendog87
Member since 2010 • 1111 Posts

both PCCG and Scorptec are great! .. only 2 online PC shops i use.

and judging by Scorptec's facebook page they take alot of pride in assembling custom rigs.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts
That's awesome thanks so much for the help!