Best PC-Building Company

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Insanitymanitee
Insanitymanitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Insanitymanitee
Member since 2005 • 156 Posts
Yeah yeah, I know all you tech guys are going to tear me a new one when I ask this, but who builds the best pc when it's customized to the max? I know Dellis dependable and I like their midrange stuff, plus the XPS'wter-cooling system sounds nifty. Alienware seems to have the best with their ALX though I've just heard very negative things about Alienware. I've also heard HP's Blackbird 002 is very good, but I hate HP as a brand. Any of those when I have it customized to the best of the providers ability is usually around $8,000, so price isn't that huge of a concern with the proper financing. Please don't give me the preachings about building my own pc. I just want something to come in the mail and for it to last me quite a while. thanks guys!
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts

Please don't give me the preachings about building my own pc. I just want something to come in the mail and for it to last me quite a while. thanks guys!Insanitymanitee

Go onto one of those sites and customize your system.

Look up the parts on newegg or something similar

Recieve your parts in the mail and take them to either Best Buy(Geek squad) or a local computer shop to have them assembled

Boom you just saved yourself thousands of dollars and you are recieving the same level of performance.

Insanitymanitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Insanitymanitee

[QUOTE="Insanitymanitee"] Please don't give me the preachings about building my own pc. I just want something to come in the mail and for it to last me quite a while. thanks guys!bignice12

Go onto one of those sites and customize your system.

Look up the parts on newegg or something similar

Recieve your parts in the mail and take them to either Best Buy(Geek squad) or a local computer shop to have them assembled

Boom you just saved yourself thousands of dollars and you are recieving the same level of performance.

Yeah, but often those companies won't list every slight detail and I know that there are a lot of things on a pc that gotta match or they won't work with each other, so there's no way to find out say...which mother board I should get. Plus what about this water-cooling idea? I don't really want some high school goons (Geek Squad)soddering something like that into my pc. and what about the shells? Are they all the same???!?!?!

yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
lol im a sukka for a good dell.
sabbath2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 sabbath2gamer
Member since 2007 • 2515 Posts
www.projectwarmachine.com
Insanitymanitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Insanitymanitee

This is the best from Dell:

PROCESSORIntel® CoreTM2 Extreme QX6850 (8MB,3.67GHz Factory overclocked)editOPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows Vista® UltimateeditMEMORY4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMseditHARD DRIVE320GB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 160GB WD Raptor SATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM HDDs)editOPTICAL DRIVESingle Drive: Blu-ray Disc Drive (BD/DVD/CD burner w/double layer BD writeeditMONITORNo MonitoreditVIDEO CARDDual 768MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 UltraeditPHYSICS ACCELERATORAGEIA® PhysX® physics acceleratoreditSOUND CARDSound Blaster® X-FiTM XtremeGamer (D) Sound CardeditKEYBOARDNo KeyboardeditMOUSENo MouseeditFLOPPY & MEDIA READERNo Floppy Drive or Media Reader IncludededitMODEMNo Modem Requested

Also, is the Intel Core 2 the same thing as quad-core? Aaaaah please don't get irritated, I don't know jack about these things and am just getting into it.

blackstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blackstar
Member since 2004 • 1252 Posts
If you dont want to build go for AVAdirect , they are much better.

If you dont know what parts to chose from newegg, gives us your budget and we will decide for you to give you a kick arse PC that would beat any dell, voodoo, alienware, HP.

You really need to do you rresearch. a PhysiX card? QX6850? GTX ultra?

You should really invest more time on these things before you go wasting your money.

Insanitymanitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Insanitymanitee

Alienware has:

Alienware® ALX High-Performance Liquid Cooling, Alienware® Acoustic Dampening, Dual 1GB ATI® RadeonTM HD 2900 XT - CrossFire Enabled, Intel® CoreTM 2 Extreme QX9650 3.0GHz 12MB Cache 1333MHz FSB - Over-clocked to 4.0 GHz!, Alienware® Approved X38 Motherboard Includes onboard Wireless-N, PCI-Express 2.0, and DDR3 memory.

Alienware is kinda light on giving you descriptions about what you're buying.

Jonnybiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Jonnybiz
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts

Its disgusting how they overprice their computers, WMDpc.com has computers built on margin with newegg hardware prices, and free shipping

dell will overprice your **** like madmen, as well as alienware and voodoo, its like buying a mac except for pc and just as ****ty

adam0926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 adam0926
Member since 2006 • 5064 Posts
I would say Voodoo make the best pre built gaming systems.
Insanitymanitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Insanitymanitee
lol WMDpc.com doesn't exist. Halp!
Jonnybiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jonnybiz
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts
ah yes i noticed, powweb has crashed or something today, that must have been their webhost, theres a boatload of websites down
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
cyperpowerpc.com
Avatar image for Indestructible2
Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Indestructible2
Member since 2007 • 5935 Posts

cyperpowerpc.comshakmaster13
There build quality is junk,LULZ @ your post :lol:

AVADirect,though this is coming from a Dell user :o :P

ChinkyChinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChinkyChinker
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I checked out wmdpcs.com (not wmdpc.com!) and whoa!

THEIR PRICES ARE LOW, and they offer the same stuff as any of the overpricing ******bags out there!

The question is, are they reliable? I have never heard of them before...

wklzip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 wklzip
Member since 2005 • 13925 Posts

Also, is the Intel Core 2 the same thing as quad-core? Aaaaah please don't get irritated, I don't know jack about these things and am just getting into it.

Insanitymanitee

Core 2 is for architecture it has a "2" because its a revision of the original core architecture. And Duo is for dual cores, Quad for quad cores.

GamingMonkeyPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 GamingMonkeyPC
Member since 2005 • 3576 Posts
Falcon Northwest will always be on top of my list if I ever go thenon-building-myself path.
Sprozelth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sprozelth
Member since 2006 • 744 Posts
Falcon Northwest will always be on top of my list if I ever go thenon-building-myself path.GamingMonkeyPC
You will never go wrong with avadirect although the best out of those are Dell.
bkrawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bkrawk
Member since 2007 • 423 Posts

dell and alienware are the same company so you're basically gonna get the same thing in a different looking case

didn't like how there was no 'none of the above' option in your poll so i didn't vote

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
out of those dell is probaly the best but take other peoples advice and get on from AVAdirect there actually pretty well priced
mex12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mex12
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

Go with AVA Direct. You can customize every part of the pc and they have ahuge selection in parts. They also have great customer service. I just built one from them and it came out to a great price. I actually looked at what it would cost me to order all the parts seperately from a place like NewEgg and build it myself and the price actually came out to about the same.

I did a ton of research of different companies who let you build your own computer and they were the best choice that I found.

Munkyman587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Munkyman587
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts

Go with AVA Direct. You can customize every part of the pc and they have ahuge selection in parts. They also have great customer service. I just built one from them and it came out to a great price. I actually looked at what it would cost me to order all the parts seperately from a place like NewEgg and build it myself and the price actually came out to about the same.

I did a ton of research of different companies who let you build your own computer and they were the best choice that I found.

mex12

I will take you on your word that they are good service... but their prices are a bit higher than doing it yourself. I built my computer on there for fun (as close as I could) and it gave me an estimate that was.. well, enough more $$ that I felt happy that I did it all myself.

ChinkyChinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ChinkyChinker
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I would love to build a computer myself, as it's pretty obvious what the price difference between a prebuilt and DIY computer is.

However, at the same time, I would be pretty anxious building my computer, as I'd be scared of screwing up anything, and in the process, ruining expensive parts. Things like overclocking, etc. etc. require technical expertise I don't have, and that would require a time investment for me to learn how to do.

Time = money

Unless I'm overshooting reality, and the in reality building a computer is not that hard...

How long did it take you to build your computer?

bkrawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bkrawk
Member since 2007 • 423 Posts

few days looking for the right parts, 15 minutes to place the order, 3 anxious days of waiting for them to arrive, an hour and a half to put it together, a long night of re-installing programs and games

but it was all worth it