Best MMORPGs (not just best looking)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

i--Ki1l--U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 i--Ki1l--U
Member since 2009 • 104 Posts

I really like MMOs... But am not really a big PC gamer, I am saving up for a better rig, but anyway...Can someone tell me what you think the best MMOs are

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
wow or aoc
Duckshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Duckshot
Member since 2009 • 223 Posts
AoC is all good. My best PvP battles are in Guild wars.
Avatar image for deactivated-59cfb94f07a73
deactivated-59cfb94f07a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-59cfb94f07a73
Member since 2009 • 102 Posts

AoC is fantastic in a hundred ways, and fatally flawed in a hundred more.

Have no idea why more people don't play EQII than they do. Beautiful, balanced, great social infrastructure, rich endgame content with raids that really work.

And it's not for everybody, but I think Eve Online is the perfect MMO. It's a little quirky and "European-like" - you almost never see your own body, for instance - just your spacecraft - but it has the best PvP in gaming, for instance. But it's not for everybody.

meatsawer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 meatsawer
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
Everquest is great, EQ 2,WoW, Warcraft 3 (more RTS ), Diablo LoD is great, Guild Wars + Eye of the North. I'd stay away from AoC though, it's a pretty big flop, Warhammer Online is ok but has a shelf life of a non subscription game...hence i wouldnt pay for it but if you have the money do it. Just go with WoW, I personally liked EQ better than WoW but felt it was time to move on after so long, although Lich King was terrible and may have ruined the game...9/10 guilds already beat it so who knows what's next....DIABLO III!!!!
RT_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RT_Jackson
Member since 2003 • 3830 Posts

From what I've heard

Everquest 2 has the best traditional fantasy mmo PVE
EVE Online is otherwise the most well-regarded

for best pvp in a recent MMO,
Warhammer

if you want to go older,
Dark Ages of Camelot
Ultima Online

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
One of these.... World of Warcraft (most popular by a looooooong shot) Lord of the Rings Online Warhammer online EVE Online These aren't really known as the best, but they have been around for a long time and still have a fanbase. Final Fantasy XI: Online Everquest 2 Everquest (much harder than its squeal) City of Heroes (Wow, really aren't that many!) Here is a list of upcoming MMOs that look promising. Darkfall Online Mortal Online Hero's Journey Stargate Online Star Trek(SP?) online Champions Online Here are a list of MMOs that we hardly know about other than that they exist and that people are excited for. Blizzard's unnamed MMO Starwars: The Old Republic Red 5's unnamed MMO (They are made off of ex-Blizzard employees) Some others I can't remember.
i--Ki1l--U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 i--Ki1l--U
Member since 2009 • 104 Posts
Thanks so much for that. Ill consider getting one or maybe more of them
Renzokuken38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Renzokuken38
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
Ive only really had experience with WoW and Guild Wars. Id reccomend WoW, its simple to pick up for newbies and dosent need big PC requirements to run smoothly. Guild Wars seems alot more linear, boring and hard to grasp, even though it has no membership fees. Id definatly reccoment WoW, ive never regretted it :)
SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
Try Eve online after you eventually get bored from the rest...
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
[QUOTE="Oxilica"]

AoC is fantastic in a hundred ways, and fatally flawed in a hundred more.

Have no idea why more people don't play EQII than they do. Beautiful, balanced, great social infrastructure, rich endgame content with raids that really work.

And it's not for everybody, but I think Eve Online is the perfect MMO. It's a little quirky and "European-like" - you almost never see your own body, for instance - just your spacecraft - but it has the best PvP in gaming, for instance. But it's not for everybody.

I agree with Everquest II, it's fantastic. The interface is well-sorted and easy to use, same goes for the gameplay. Lots of stuff to do. The world is interesting, the combat is entertaining, and the fact that every NPC has voice-overs really adds to the experience. I DON'T like how they removed the class progression quests and the citizenship quests.. kind of ruins some of the immersion. But other than that, the game is great. EVE Online is interesting, but there is a lot of waiting in the game and the disembodiment is a little too much for me. It's a good game to play while you have a browser open in another window or are chatting with friends... travel time can take a while. And I'll never get that feeling of immersion simply because I'm only really a ship, and all the interaction with quest givers is pretty lifeless.